I don't enjoy the game after reaching lvl50

Reyakupro

I feel like there's nothing I can do in this game except leveling different characters. Once I reached lvl 50 my characters are struck against invencible players (double my health points) in pvp and to be competitive I findd myself playing lots of no-fun warzones and a nonsense Ilum grinding at 10 fps (even though I got a really good pc)

Also there are way too many pvp tiers just from the begining so you find yourself not knowing what gear is best for your class. And the difference between a Centurion Gear and a Battlemaster is so big that even if you farm for Centurion/Champion you're still 5k hp below a Battlemaster one. That's a really big difference in your health pool and therefore an unbalancing aspect you can't cope with except by spending a high amount of farming time. Would had been better to have only 2 tiers.

Of course if I could enjoy the farming process I wouldn't quit at all, I understand you can't have the best gear just by logging, and I understand that you have to work for it but I NEED to enjoy the farming process because in the end I play to have some fun, and I think that's the main reason why people just quit, boring mechanics.

The pve side is good but once again it's not a matter of skill but of invested time to clear way too much trash before you can get some challenge boss fight. So much trash is really boring and people get tired of it soon so you can't find groups even on a Heavy Populated server like mine.

I love other aspects of the game, like PvP before level 50 (pretty balanced) and also specially Orange Gear that I can keep and upgrade to look different to everyone else, but after you reach 50 I have the feeling that I have to waste too much time before I can really enjoy PvP or PvE as intented.

I've tried both Republic and Imperial sides and leveled different characters, all of them fun to play with untill you reach 50.

It just sounds like MMO's aren't for you.

I've played quite a few mmos by now and the only type that weren't for me were the koreans ones. I couldn't bare with the grinding of AION for example. Maybe Swtor is way too similar to wow and that's the reason why I feel bored when grinding for exactly the same purple items instead of spending time with my friends doing raid challenges, killing world bosses or having some real pvp fun if it were balanced as Guildwars for example.

Of course if I could enjoy the farming process I wouldn't quit at all, I understand you can't have the best gear just by logging, and I understand that you have to work for it but I NEED to enjoy the farming process because in the end I play to have some fun, and I think that's the main reason why people just quit, boring mechanics.

You've defined the problem, identified it as your problem, so I'm not sure why you are posting this except to inform us that you do not like MMORPGs? Something like a pvp shooter? No story line, no gear building, just log and shoot?

Other then that, thanks for Sharing?

So you got to 50 and don't want to put in the effort other people did to get their gear. Now you are complaining because you are being destroyed by people with better gear instead of wanting to get your own.

It sounds like you need to go to an offline RPG.

I don't really know how you can classify this game as a real MMO. It's an instanced lobby world with multiplayer elements.

Its not an MMO per se. Its a MMORPG. It is a true MMORPG that, for the first time, allows for the choice to solo level with a great story line. In short, someone has finally found a way to make leveling both painless and enjoyable.

If you are unhappy with that, it may not be for you either....but its certainly not the games fault.

Maybe Swtor is way too similar to wow and that's the reason why I feel bored when grinding for exactly the same purple items instead of spending time with my friends doing raid challenges, killing world bosses or having some real pvp fun if it were balanced as Guildwars for example.

Again, I have to ask, how is it the game's fault that you choose not to raid and do world bosses with your friends?

Raids do not appeal to everyone which leaves a huge portion of the player base hungry for true alternatives that are more compatible with different play styles. With the few options available at endgame, it's a small wonder there are so many dissatisfied customers.

It doesn't even take that long to get good enough lv50 pvp gear to be competitive. Less than a week.

While this might be true, the experience is not fun. Some of us like to actually enjoy the experience. What is the point of a game where you have to slog through a significant period of frustration just to get to the fun part of 50 pvp?

Raids do not appeal to everyone which leaves a huge portion of the player base hungry for true alternatives that are more compatible with different play styles. With the few options available at endgame, it's a small wonder there are so many dissatisfied customers.

You can get the same gear that you get in normal ops from hard mode flashpoints.

Now, if you want the best gear there is you will have to run hard mode ops... and thats the way it should be.

MMO's are based on a progression style game play. You start out small and work your way up to great things. I agree its rough stepping into level 50 pvp as a newly minted capped player but its just how these sort of games work.

Those players who are crushing you spent a good deal of time to earn the gear that gives them an advantage over you. The power that comes from the grind is what makes the work worth while in the first place.

If the games not fun then I suggest you move on to another. Based on the way you presented your argument and sentence structure I'm gonna assume your on the young side and may not be in the right mindset for these types of games.

Perhaps a FPS or multi-player Diablo style game would suit you better.

Now we are going way off here. First, there are not that many disatisfied customers. What you see on these boards are a very minute percentage. Arguing that there is a huge percetentage of unhappy players is little more then conjecture.

Of that percentage that do exist, most of the posts follow this pattern of people that bought the game, leveled to 50, then took a minute to look around and realize what an MMORPG is, decided that they were disastified with MMORPGs, and began blaming the game.

Its a MMORPG. You level up and either raid, PvP, or craft. One should have known that going in. No?

Now we are going way off here. First, there are not that many disatisfied customers. What you see on these boards are a very minute percentage. Arguing that there is a huge percetentage of unhappy players is little more then conjecture.

Of that percentage that do exist, most of the posts follow this pattern of people that bought the game, leveled to 50, then took a minute to look around and realize what an MMORPG is, decided that they were disastified with MMORPGs, and began blaming the game.

Its a MMORPG. You level up and either raid, PvP, or craft. One should have known that going in. No?

This is the very thing I see on these forums over and over and over. All these RPG fans hit this game like a ton of bricks and then when they in turn had to deal with how a MMO works, its suddenly Biowares fault and not thier own.

Two of my good friends play this game and they both support different aspects that drive me nuts. One hates people and being in groups but complains all day about not being able to get the group content rewards. The other plays 10+ hours a day and after just a few weeks was gripeing at the lack of things to do...

Some people are just never gonna be happy.

While this might be true, the experience is not fun. Some of us like to actually enjoy the experience. What is the point of a game where you have to slog through a significant period of frustration just to get to the fun part of 50 pvp?

This guy resume my feelings at perfection.

What I really look forward is some sort of pvp balance not based upon gear but upon skill. The ideal for me would be a pvp enviroment where everyone is using the same gear stats, so there's no unbalance from time invested for newer or casual players and you can be competitive right from the start if you are skilled enough.

PVP points and ranks would be used to adquire new pvp gear with same stats but different looks and also non-combat related status items like Titles, Speeders, Companions, Pets, "Rank related cool moves/dances" for example.

What I really wish in any MMO is a PvP Structure like Guildwars but a really world wide open where I can spend the time I'm not pvping doing some other stuff with friends like killing world bosses, exploring around, raids to enemy cities, crafting stuff, etc, etc

This guy resume my feelings at perfection.

What I really look forward is some sort of pvp balance not based upon gear but upon skill. The ideal for me would be a pvp enviroment where everyone is using the same gear stats, so there's no unbalance from time invested for newer or casual players and you can be competitive right from the start if you are skilled enough.

PVP points and ranks would be used to adquire new pvp gear with same stats but different looks and also non-combat related status items like Titles, Speeders, Companions, Pets, "Rank related cool moves/dances" for example.

What I really wish in any MMO is a PvP Structure like Guildwars but a really world wide open where I can spend the time I'm not pvping doing some other stuff with friends like killing world bosses, exploring around, raids to enemy cities, crafting stuff, etc, etc

You'd like Planetside 2. There's a beta key in PC Gamer April addition out now.

http://www.pcgamer.com/category/magazine/

It's based on skill and there's a ranking system just like in the original.

Devouring the meal instead of dealing with it as an enjoyable time out might be part of the problem. That the dish prove very easy to digest might not help either. A fairly split bill to pay in the end. That's how they serve them now, but the approach is forever up to the individual. Small bites at a slower pace usually taste better.

---

Raids appeal to me and their still useless...

Remove the weekly cap on normal mode ops...30 mins of gameplay a week isn't worth paying for.

Man the BW Swtor team is full of dummies.

I feel like there's nothing I can do in this game except leveling different characters. Once I reached lvl 50 my characters are struck against invencible players (double my health points) in pvp and to be competitive I findd myself playing lots of no-fun warzones and a nonsense Ilum grinding at 10 fps (even though I got a really good pc)

Also there are way too many pvp tiers just from the begining so you find yourself not knowing what gear is best for your class. And the difference between a Centurion Gear and a Battlemaster is so big that even if you farm for Centurion/Champion you're still 5k hp below a Battlemaster one. That's a really big difference in your health pool and therefore an unbalancing aspect you can't cope with except by spending a high amount of farming time. Would had been better to have only 2 tiers.

The pve side is good but once again it's not a matter of skill but of invested time to clear way too much trash before you can get some challenge boss fight. So much trash is really boring and people get tired of it soon so you can't find groups even on a Heavy Populated server like mine.

I love other aspects of the game, like PvP before level 50 (pretty balanced) and also specially Orange Gear that I can keep and upgrade to look different to everyone else, but after you reach 50 I have the feeling that I have to waste too much time before I can really enjoy PvP or PvE as intented.

I've tried both Republic and Imperial sides and leveled different characters, all of them fun to play with untill you reach 50.

The problem is BW thinking they need to cater to people like you. That is the real reason why their isnt anything to do at 50. If you had it your way you would just be given battlemasters on day 1.

As for PVE if you find some people to run you through HM FP's you can easily get a full columi set in 1-3 days. It already is way to easy...