Is Yoda spec that bad in PvP?

Highsis

(Yoda uses Ataru form that can be learned in carnage skill tree)

How bad is carnage compared to annihilation in PvP? I barely see any carnage marauder on lv 50 PvP bracket.

In my opinion, carnage has the lowest damage output(perhaps better than rage on 1vs1 fight, but rage has got HUGE dps burst), worst versatility(only spec with a charge restriction, no bonus to predation, fewer number of skills as massacre replaces vicious slash, useless on CD), worst survivability(the lack of predation bonus, weak AOE, No healing, slowly building rage), worst duel form bonus; ataru's damage doesn't scale with your level.

In the last patch I was shocked to see that BW decided to buff annihilation while leaving the carnage as it was. Am I mistaking here? Does BW really think carnage doesn't need a buff?

BW's patch confuses me... Any inputs?

Edited by Highsis

Carnage is fine dude. Granted, Ataru strikes hit like a wet noodle but they do add up over time.

The biggest problem with Carnage is that the window to dump my DPS is SO small. once I pop Gore, I have 6 seconds to get all 3 hits of ravage off AND get a Blood Frenzied Force Scream. Which is child's play to interrupt and stop. The good news is that it hits like an brick to the teeth when I get it off successfully.

Eh, with the utility of being able to root someone for up to 9 seconds straight regardless of Resolve, I think Carnage does just fine. They may bring it in line with Annihilation someday, but either way I'll be rockin *****es tonight when I log in and PvP.

(Yoda uses Ataru form that can be learned in carnage skill tree)

How bad is carnage compared to annihilation in PvP? I barely see any carnage marauder on lv 50 PvP bracket.

In my opinion, carnage has the lowest damage output(perhaps better than rage on 1vs1 fight, but rage has got HUGE dps burst), worst versatility(only spec with a charge restriction, no bonus to predation, fewer number of skills as massacre replaces vicious slash, useless on CD), worst survivability(the lack of predation bonus, weak AOE, No healing, slowly building rage), worst duel form bonus; ataru's damage doesn't scale with your level.

In the last patch I was shocked to see that BW decided to buff annihilation while leaving the carnage as it was. Am I mistaking here? Does BW really think carnage doesn't need a buff?

BW's patch confuses me... Any inputs?

While they did technically "buff" Annihilation...they were merely fixing a bug and putting it the way it was intended.