No CE Vendor update in 1.2

georgelue

I really question the people who paid $150 just for the CE vendor. I mean really? You spend $150 real money on one small in game vendor? What about all the stuff you got in the box? I would think most sane people would purchase a CE for that much money for all of the contents, not just one little in game vendor. Obviously everyone is going to desire something different from the CE and the vendor was a huge draw for some players but come on. No matter what an in game vendor is offering it isn't worth $150. That's my opinion anyway.

I really question the people who paid $150 just for the CE vendor. I mean really? You spend $150 real money on one small in game vendor? What about all the stuff you got in the box? I would think most sane people would purchase a CE for that much money for all of the contents, not just one little in game vendor. Obviously everyone is going to desire something different from the CE and the vendor was a huge draw for some players but come on. No matter what an in game vendor is offering it isn't worth $150. That's my opinion anyway.

you are entitled to your opinion, but my reason for not caring about the $150 for a CE vendor was cause when pre-orders became availible i hadnt touched my 360 in almost a year so i took it and all my games and stuff to gamestop and sold it and put the money down on the SWTOR CE.

yea the statue is cool i have it on my desk, planned on getting a security key anyways but the CE took care of it for me so cool, but the journal i havnt even read and probly wont untill im sitting around very bored during a power outage lol.

also i save alot of money on gas since i ride a motorcycle :)

you are entitled to your opinion, but my reason for not caring about the $150 for a CE vendor was cause when pre-orders became availible i hadnt touched my 360 in almost a year so i took it and all my games and stuff to gamestop and sold it and put the money down on the SWTOR CE.

yea the statue is cool i have it on my desk, planned on getting a security key anyways but the CE took care of it for me so cool, but the journal i havnt even read and probly wont untill im sitting around very bored during a power outage lol.

also i save alot of money on gas since i ride a motorcycle :)

Hey everyone has their own reasons for purchasing the CE and I don't take that away from anyone. I bought it for the boxed items rather than the in game stuff. Some people solely bought it solely for the CE vendor and that seems ridiculous to me to spend that much money on something so trivial. Everyone is more than welcome to spend their money how they see fit though so as long as you're happy with your purchase then it was a good purchase.

Hey everyone has their own reasons for purchasing the CE and I don't take that away from anyone. I bought it for the boxed items rather than the in game stuff. Some people solely bought it solely for the CE vendor and that seems ridiculous to me to spend that much money on something so trivial. Everyone is more than welcome to spend their money how they see fit though so as long as you're happy with your purchase then it was a good purchase.

well thats just it, im not happy with it. they promised regular updates and have not delivered. and its really disapointing that the only things i got from the vendor was a companion customization and a novilty pet. i was expecting alot more from the CE, VIP and Security vendors to begin with.

edit: just wanted to add im not trying to sound like a torch carrying psycho, i love the game and im here for the long haul. but this is reminding me of a Lionhead Studios release, the company making loads of promises and not delivering. i wont touch a Lionhead Studios game ever again but i love BW RPG's and this is the first time they have disapointed me.

yes i even like Dragon Age 2, one sec while i slip into my flame resistant armor :p

Edited by GooseGrims

well thats just it, im not happy with it. they promised regular updates and have not delivered. and its really disapointing that the only things i got from the vendor was a companion customization and a novilty pet. i was expecting alot more from the CE, VIP and Security vendors to begin with.

How often do you expect them to deliver to be "regular?" To me, it just means at set intervals. If that's every six months than its every six months. And as for the light gear you were complaining about earlier, you can still wear light gear as a BH. The only thing you lose is some armor, which if you're not tanking doesn't even matter anyway.

This often happens when you buy a CE for any game when you buy it for just one item or reason. Sometimes that item isn't what you imagined and you get let down. I personally buy CE's for everything included, otherwise why spend so much money for just one thing? But to some people that one item is worth it. I guess it depends how much money you are willing to spend on something and how much disposable income you have. I don't have a lot of disposable income to throw around because I have bills to pay so if I buy a CE I better make sure I choose the right ones. I'm not sure if they ever promised "regular" updates but I know they said they would update it. I guess they've been really busy working on actual game mechanics to get around to the CE; and I am fine with that.

How often do you expect them to deliver to be "regular?" To me, it just means at set intervals. If that's every six months than its every six months. And as for the light gear you were complaining about earlier, you can still wear light gear as a BH. The only thing you lose is some armor, which if you're not tanking doesn't even matter anyway.

it actually does matter considering how much threat a merc can pull, ive not met many tanks that can keep agro off me so i really wouldnt want to take that big of a hit to my armor and die faster.

edit:and since i have him in a guild progressing through HM Ops i dont think they would want me wearing light armor during raids lol

Edited by GooseGrims

and i looked again at patch notes 1.1.5 and it saying nothing about the CE vendor, it says they are adding the crystal vendor and either adding the per order crystals to that or adding them to the pre order crystal vendor which is not the CE vendor.

No problems, I have clearly mixed up the CE vendor and the pre-order vendor. As I stated I THOUGHT it was an update to the CE vendor, my mistake. Do hope you CE guys get some love in the future.

i think that ce purchasers shouldn't keep expecting free stuff.

from here on out, it's all about who keeps paying them.

edit: sorry, but when i edited this for a typo, i noticed it was posted at 4:20am. smokemup

It isn't "free stuff", we paid $150 for all the features. I love everything in the CE except the vendor. At first it was exciting but there was only 1 light armor... seriously?

Would love to see more stuff coming to the CE vendor.

I see two fair ways to do so:

1. The advantage of the CE vendor is to have some of the new items in advance from all others players, like 1 or more month before.
  2. Allow any players to digitally upgrade ($$$) their account to a CE vendor enabled one.

Finally removed items like the to be deleted speeders in 1.2 should at least be moved to the CE vendors.

Edited by Deewe

1. The advantage of the CE vendor is to have some of the new items in advance from all others players, like ! or more month before.
  2. Allow any players to digitally upgrade ($$$) their account to a CE vendor enabled one.

Finally removed items like the to be deleted speeders in 1.2 should at least be moved to the CE vendors.

like ! or more month? What?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember Bioware saying that they will update the CE Vendor from time to time. In patch 1.2 they haven't mentioned any new stuff for the CE Vendor. I hope I am wrong and Bioware did mention that they're adding new stuff to the CE Vendor.

Thank you.

Why don't you submit this to the question of the week. Maybe you will get your question picked for answer.

You are wasting your time posting this in general forum. All it does is attract CE haters looking for a pile on.

1. The advantage of the CE vendor is to have some of the new items in advance from all others players, like 1 or more month before.

Terrible ideas. People who only got the standard edition can already buy in access to the VIP lounge, that's enough. It has to be exclusive - you need incentives otherwise no one's gonna buy anything "exclusive" from BioWare again, just wait until you can later.

Personally I'm hoping and thinking they will add some exclusive armor for all classes which, with the new update coming where you can mod them to use end game, would be amazing. At least then we could stand out from the pack. Just hoping whoever designed the majority of PVP armor isn't signed on for it..

Edited by Jules

Terrible ideas. People who only got the standard edition can already buy in access to the VIP lounge, that's enough. It has to be exclusive - you need incentives otherwise no one's gonna buy anything "exclusive" from BioWare again, just wait until you can later.

Personally I'm hoping and thinking they will add some exclusive armor for all classes which, with the new update coming where you can mod them to use end game, would be amazing. At least then we could stand out from the pack. Just hoping whoever designed the majority of PVP armor isn't signed on for it..

I would appreciate it if Bioware did this ^

Terrible idea... not in the long term because the CE extra cost does not cover the salary of the needed people to implement new items..

The studio needs a ROI on that, so limiting the items to only a few % of players won't help the main population to stay subscribed longer.

Edited by Deewe

Terrible idea... not in the long term because the CE extra cost does not cover the salary of the needed people to implement new items..

The studio needs a ROI on that, so limiting the items to only a few % of players won't help the main population to stay subscribed longer.

But still, they promised that they will add stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread should stick to the OP musings. In that regard, if you dont like the fact people bought the CE and dont have it, move along with your opinions on it elsewhere, please. The fact of the amtter stands its not a matter of "entitlement" or "childishness" to expect a company to folow through on promises made to a direct market on a product the sell. "dynamic" means changing, etc etc. We have the same right to expect the best out of a product when it is given word behind it by the company pushing it. For instance, say they promised that stap to all people who purchased DDE or DD; and then they gave u something else like a training droid. People would be upset. Imagine a car companies stocks if they promised a special edition version of a car to have such and such a modification, and people paid instead 30k for that car for it to have that specific modification, and instead it did not come with it. The people who purchased the regular version of that car should have no nere say in how the people who purchase the special edition model of it should feel, atleast not in line and regards to a discussion based off that cars shortcomings, to the point of knocking those purchasers? Same rules apply. I've been flamed on that very oppinion before so please, if you didnt purchase the CE for whatever reason, be an adult and keep those thoughts and opinions to yourself because this discsssion isnt about said pertinent opnionation.

Now, that asside, CE should be updated across the board. it was a simple promise to come through and deliver said Dynamic, changing store to keep the CE people interested in returning to the vendor over and over. From what I understand, the Republic side CE vendor does not even have the impulse to go to their store at all! CE vendor does need to be updated, period. Although I am content with the items recieved within the CE for their physical rarity, and collecting potential to add to my physical collection, I can also feel the "lack of follow up promising" that was delivered on the digital side of said product. To ask and be upset is far from childish and entitlement value. It was simply promised to a customer base bya company, and is a promise that is not hard to follow through on at all!

As far as the clothing issues go, there should be more stuff in CE. And its logical too as well considering that you can take item set bonuses out of top end gear in 1.2 and apply it to whateverset of clothing you wish. The same would apply to the social vendors and their gear. a CE player may not have social 3 and is not omplaining they cannot purchase and wear the sand person outfit sold by the social vendor on tatooine, are they? Come on BW fall through more on your product promises, its very misgiving to promise something and not deliver.