Marking healers with raid icons need to STOP!

Maiajayde

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well lets see as MANY that can find me with my tiny name not the house mark on my head and when i respawn o look i can los them and heal you have to find my tiny name again :)

and yes not 100% are going to hit the icon but anyone about the age of 12 lets say 85% to 95%

yes it does last 15 min and it sucks when they put it on you = no fun in a pug none vent premade

and i LIKE I Said I play both so i know the diff do you?

After all you don't care right

so 7/8 are allowed to attack healers, but not 8/8...

too many pug people shooting you makes you sad!

but premade ventrilo users focusing on you are ok...

i'll send the memo out!! don't want to hurt the healers feelings! :D

Hey Defang, just to claify. My team usually benefits from me being marked because I use it to my advantage. But I was originally arguing that I am the exception to the rule. I can survive with a mark on my head, but I find that the other 90% of healers I see in warzones get burned to a crisp, frustrated, and stop queing. So overall it ruins the experience for a lot of healers.

As far as my own stats when I am not marked I can go matches with 200k dmg and 200k healing easily and get a lot of medals. If I am marked I end up with around 80k dmg, 250k healing, less medals but probably a victory.

Well I know for certain that most healers I see will get burnt to a crisp because I happened to see them healing. The players that can do that already do without the marks. The same arguements have been proposed when the addon in wow "healers have to die" came out. Everyone said that it just made it so everyone automatically targets the healers, but that already happens even without the marks.

In the situation that you turned the mark against your team your main concern was that you weren't able to score as many medals. We all know that soon gaining more than 4 medals will mean very little.

So in essence I would say that marking is probably fine since all it really does is help the uncoordinated and unorganized get used to the idea of attacking the healers instead of chasing powertech tanks around doing half damage.

Is it wrong for marking to serve the purpose of training newer players? That's what I see it as.

Hey Defang, just to claify. My team usually benefits from me being marked because I use it to my advantage. But I was originally arguing that I am the exception to the rule. I can survive with a mark on my head, but I find that the other 90% of healers I see in warzones get burned to a crisp, frustrated, and stop queing. So overall it ruins the experience for a lot of healers.

As far as my own stats when I am not marked I can go matches with 200k dmg and 200k healing easily and get a lot of medals. If I am marked I end up with around 80k dmg, 250k healing, less medals but probably a victory.

poor 90% of healers! those bad dps'ers shooting at em!!! shame on them!

and here i was going to roll a republic healer to help even out odds on our server...

what's that? multiple dps'ers attacking me? they won't leave me alone? well that's not fair! nerf!

You can not mark in wo GW etc etc so ya he did

I asked for games that let you mark targets, but don't let you mark enemy players. GW simply does not let you mark, hence it's not an answer to what I was asking for.

GW has no marking at all. So of course it won't let you mark players. In other words GW is a terrible choice for comparison. ROFL.

Star Wars currently lets you mark players and NPCs alike. So the obvious and fair comparison is other games that also let you mark targets.

And no he didn't tell me, I asked a question and he didn't answer it with an appropriate answer. It's like me asking "what's 1+1?", and someone answering "green".

Edited by LexiCazam
reply to rude/also rude remark

I asked for games that let you mark targets, but don't let you mark enemy players. GW simply does not let you mark, hence it's not an answer to what I was asking for. Maybe if you worked on your English skills, you'd understand what I was asking for and why the answer I got was not an answer to what I was asking for.

GW has no marking at all. So of course it won't let you mark players. ROFL.

WOW is wo (sorry i missed a w) but wow lets you mark and does not let you mark enemy players.

Your Maybe if you worked on your English skills. is just sad :( YOU are NUMB + who said i was from England?

Edited by Misspriss

What I'm saying is I personally attack healer because they're healers. I'm also saying I personally know what a healer is, because I can see the animations from their moves. Some of those moves do make it painfully obvious who a healer is. Are you going to be asking for new spell animations for healers so they look like attacks?

If I was playing with a premade, mark or no mark it would be easy enough to call out targets, healers included.

If I'm playing with a pug, I may indeed need to mark healers because the weaker players on my team won't know any better unless I show them who to attack. And when you consider some pugs have a hard time understanding what the objectives of each game are and think every game is simply a deathmatch, pugs need all the help they can get.

The disorganized and unskilled will lose out most based on the suggestion made in the OP.

No What i want is for the ICONS to go AWAY so that YOU do not see THAT PLAYER with a GIANT ICON on His head from 300 meters away Telling YOU here he is. That is all i want I as someone who does not heal not having to look for a Healer cause I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE AT ALL *********** TIMES IN THE WF to go away. That is what I want.

WOW is wo (sorry i missed a w) but wow lets you mark and does not let you mark enemy players.

Your Maybe if you worked on your English skills. is just sad :( YOU are NUMB + who said i was from England?

WoW lets me mark enemy players.

No What i want is for the ICONS to go AWAY so that YOU do not see THAT PLAYER with a GIANT ICON on His head from 300 meters away Telling YOU here he is. That is all i want I as someone who does not heal not having to look for a Healer cause I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE AT ALL *********** TIMES IN THE WF to go away. That is what I want.

mark you down for the same memo?

so 7/8 are allowed to attack healers, but not 8/8...

too many pug people shooting you makes you sad!

but premade ventrilo users focusing on you are ok...

Ok to make this easy I'll use a game anology.

In EA's Battlefield the FPS video game players can mark other players if they have LOS and then other players can shoot the marked player for assist points. IF the marked player dies or goes out of LOS then the mark comes off. Why? Because it's usually not the experience that most players want to have when they're playing against other players.

In SWTOR the marker never comes off. Most people don't like to be marked. They are literally singled out and it affects their individual gaming experience.

It's pretty simple to see why most people don't want to have a permanent marker on their head. (In wow putting a perma huntersmark on players made many a life miserable, until they changed the mechanics and made it disappear)

This doesn't have to be a healer vs dps arguement. It really comes down to having a marker on your head.

My guild marks players that we do not like. I'm sure it makes their gaming experience horrible because they will stop queing for warzones. I think removing the marking system makes the game more enjoyable for people who find themselves marked all the time.

Why would I run 300m to you, if it doesn't help me win the game or complete an objective? If you're 300m away and I'm trying to cap the door right beside me, do you think that GIANT ICON above your head is going to somehow affect my opening the door?

Will that GIANT ICON help me get a bunch of noobs to kill you? For sure. Will a lack of that GIANT ICON prevent better players from focus firing you? Not at all.

Noobs are the ones that will suffer. Bioware, keep this game noob friendly. Let the noobs see who they should be targeting.

WoW lets me mark enemy players.

IT DOES NOT ! you can be ban for the 3ed party mod that does mark enemy players you lose.

WHAT don't you get ?

You asked Maia to prove it. she did or other did . Now you prove you can!

Edited by Misspriss

Marking healers with raid icons just ends any fun trying to play heal's unless you have a extreme amount of pvp gear. There is no L2play when you have 6 ranged stuns when you spawn and jump out of the walls, etc. etc etc. If you don't have a pre-made group to use cool down to protect heal you die as soon as they see the mark.

Tanky tank puts guard on healer. Healer ignores tank, zerging off or not healing him under pressure only for him to die 2 seconds later. Repeat. Tank gets ****en tired of protecting healer. Healer proceeds to die over and over again, tank proceeds to respec dps.

Ok to make this easy I'll use a game anology.

In EA's Battlefield the FPS video game players can mark other players if they have LOS and then other players can shoot the marked player for assist points. IF the marked player dies or goes out of LOS then the mark comes off. Why? Because it's usually not the experience that most players want to have when they're playing against other players.

In SWTOR the marker never comes off. Most people don't like to be marked. They are literally singled out and it affects their individual gaming experience.

It's pretty simple to see why most people don't want to have a permanent marker on their head. (In wow putting a perma huntersmark on players made many a life miserable, until they changed the mechanics and made it disappear)

This doesn't have to be a healer vs dps arguement. It really comes down to having a marker on your head.

My guild marks players that we do not like. I'm sure it makes their gaming experience horrible because they will stop queing for warzones. I think removing the marking system makes the game more enjoyable for people who find themselves marked all the time.

i know you're the exception... so my message is more to the 90% of healers we should have a pity party for...

having a marker on your head doesn't necessarily mean it's an instakill...

i think the people who can't handle it should go back to pve if they can't handle being focused... oh wait, don't roll a dps in pve, those bosses focus you too if you do too much!

snap!

Why would I run 300m to you, if it doesn't help me win the game or complete an objective? If you're 300m away and I'm trying to cap the door right beside me, do you think that GIANT ICON above your head is going to somehow affect my opening the door?

Will that GIANT ICON help me get a bunch of noobs to kill you? For sure. Will a lack of that GIANT ICON prevent better players from focus firing you? Not at all.

Noobs are the ones that will suffer. Bioware, keep this game noob friendly. Let the noobs see who they should be targeting.

Im in Alderaan Warzone Im getting on the speeder to go to the gun torrent Humm let me see witch one is about to be zerg. Well i see his raid Icon from up here going to East well i know he prob follwing 2-3 dps if not more will I will just jump on this speed here to East and kill him then the dps GG. So yes 300 Meters seeing where he is GAME BREAKING DERP.

And Void Star well he just jumped down ill just kill him right there yep GG GG

Edited by Molatova

Im in Alderaan Warzone Im getting on the speeder to go to the gun torrent Humm let me see witch one is about to be zerg. Well i see his raid Icon from up here going to East well i know he prob follwing 2-3 dps if not more will I will just jump on this speed here to East and kill him then the dps GG. So yes 300 Meters seeing where he is GAME BREAKING DERP.

And Void Star well he just jumped down ill just kill him right there yep GG GG

We all know the speeders are game breaking. They shouldn't be in any of the WZs to be honest. Having to wait for the speeder ride in Voidstar while your team is outnumbered and defending is stupid.

Ok, but I can still mark enemy players in WoW.

POINT not in a BG/arena . Thats what we are talking about WF/BG so hay mark someone in world pvp if you need to that's not a game changer there is no game

Edited by Misspriss