are they falling on their own sword before launch?

mmjarec

People are actually playing the game, take that as a positive for the longer term when things settle down. Popularity like that means plenty of enthusiastic people to play with for months or maybe even years to come*, a few days of inconvenience is worth that, rather than months roaming around a ghost server until you finally give up and quit from loneliness. But no company is going to intentionally invest in stacks of additional hardware that will become redundant after the initial rush.

*People with the attention span of goldfish in the only explanation I can come up with for this level of rage over something as trivial as a computer game – if it was a 2 hours wait to be seen in A&E while slowly bleeding to death I might have a little more sympathy...

Edited by Agrimax

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to say we should all be glad that they are keeping server populations high. Obviously they are going to add more servers as time goes on and the playerbase (hopefully) grows long-term. The thing is there -will- be a drop in players within the first month and especially when people have to start their subscription, and if they just opened up all the servers so there's never ques primetime....well lets just say you don't want to play a standard/light population server prime time and you most certainly don't want to be on that server during off-peak hours. One of the biggest flaws with warhammer was due to population issues and them having to combine servers shortly after launch because they opened up too many at launch.

As far as smoothness goes....warhammer's launch was pretty smooth (probably detrimentally smooth in retrospect re: too many servers) but this one seems to be pretty good too. Warcraft's was god awful....probably the worst I've seen. It took them like a week for the game to be really playable on some servers lol.

Actually, he's been lying all along, claiming he got free stuff from someone else because he wants compensation from Bioware. Two free games? Bad liars exaggerate too much.

So someone else sees it as well! All I have to say is "troll grow strong when troll is fed, dont feed troll"

This is funny every day again and again. I play Tor, have zero issues, enjoy the game, the next day I check the forums and see posts saying why this launch fails and there are so many problems...

What Parallel Universe do you live in OP ???

not everyone is having a great experience.

for me the longer i play, i start getting hitches in frames....mem leak? maybe

point is dont be a snob because YOU have no issues

This is funny every day again and again. I play Tor, have zero issues, enjoy the game, the next day I check the forums and see posts saying why this launch fails and there are so many problems...

I am wondering this too.

I logged in yesterday after a 10 minute queue (big deal), maxed out all my video settings, and then enjoyed levels 1-10 without a single problem, flawles fps, and no server issues at all. Logged out. And now I have to suffer a full workday until I can play again.

I want to play!!!!!!!!!

I'm having framerate issues, but I know why. It's my crappy GEForce 312 videocard that can't handle the game. GTX 560 ti, here I come. :D

What setting do you use. I have a outdated puter, but it runs the game alot better on high settings than low, and I see others report the same.

Low settings : 25-35 FPS

High settings: 50-80 FPS (upto 100 when standing still)

Core2duo E8400 3Ghz

GTX 260 868 MB

4GB DDR3 ram

2x 500GB in raid 0 (OS)

4x 1TB in raid 5 (game, storage)

By 7 pm last night Canderous Ordo had a 700+ queue to get in..

this is the server my guild was placed on..

I already have 3 L20+ chars on that server.

moving is not an option..

Our guild ( dual Faction both sides were moved there) and our enemies and friends for the most part..

yet people are dog piling the server when there are plenty of other servers that arent full..

Because the doom sayers on the forums mostly aren't in the game yet. Hehehe

I was in on the 13th Dec, so my server is overcrowded and I have to wait 45 min queue now, but when I finally log in on my Sith Warrior, I am so enjoying the game.. It is absolutely awesome.