Casters not needing ACCURACY is Game Breaking!

Icysunx

Everyone complains about how overpowered Sorcs/Sages are but when you can effectively ignore a stat that all melee need to have and just continue to stack power it gives them a huge advantage in both raids and in pvp.

Everyone complains about how overpowered Sorcs/Sages are but when you can effectively ignore a stat that all melee need to have and just continue to stack power it gives them a huge advantage in both raids and in pvp.

It's even worse, sorcs can even ignore shield and absorption and I've been told they even ignore main attributes like strength, aim and cunning. It's entirely unheard of!

IIRC, the chance to hit with spells is (supposedly) only 10% higher than your chance to hit with other attacks.

i.e. the 100% chance to hit with force attacks still modified (supposedly) by the targets defense (and level differences)

So up against a tank with 33% defense, a sorc with 100% accuracy should still (supposedly) be missing 1/3rd of the time.

(Not sure I believe it. I suspect it actually uses the resist and not ranged or melee defense stats, and with no way to raise resist, the default accuracy is probably all one needs)

Definitely wouldn't call it game breaking though, either way.

Game breaking news, melee don't have to get alacrity, all their stuff is already instant.

And no you can't defend against force attacks, or tech attacks for that matter. No yellow attacks, then. A marauder/jugg and their jedi counterparts, and also snipers and I suppose assassins have the most need of accuracy. Operatives, for example, only have one white attack in their rotation: the "auto-attack".

So since operatives don't really need either accuracy or alacrity, I think they should be nerfed.. again.

Edited by Boissi

Game breaking news, melee don't have to get alacrity, all their stuff is already instant.

And no you can't defend against force attacks, or tech attacks for that matter. No yellow attacks, then. A marauder/jugg and their jedi counterparts, and also snipers and I suppose assassins have the most need of accuracy. Operatives, for example, only have one white attack in their rotation: the "auto-attack".

So since operatives don't really need either accuracy or alacrity, I think they should be nerfed.. again.

Marauders have a lot of melee skills that are on 3 second cast timers.

Plus the majority of melee attacks have less than a 5m range

I'm just sick of SW: The Overpowered Ranged (classes).

I just got stomped by six sages in civil war, and I've experienced the same when facing six sorcerers (to our two) in same-faction huttball.

Maybe it's just that melee get super shafted, idk. Clearly class balance was ported over from WAR, except it's actually worse here.

Edited by Ansultares

I'm just sick of SW: The Overpowered Ranged (classes).

I just got stomped by six sages in civil war, and I've experienced the same when facing six sorcerers (to our two) in same-faction huttball.

Maybe it's just that melee get super shafted, idk. Clearly class balance was ported over from WAR, except it's actually worse here.

I know right? When I have six marauders on me I just giggle. But a sorc? **** OP!

I know right? When I have six marauders on me I just giggle. But a sorc? **** OP!

yes.. yes this pretty much how it goes. are you defending the fact that sorc's are not OP or are you part of the BUFF SORC crowd?

yeah as a shadow DPS any ranged combat class ESPECIALLY sorc's

they can nuke me down from 12k hp before i can even get with melee distance.

Hope sarcasm. If you have 12k HP you need to get some gear. And as a shadow you are expected to normally open from stealth. Just like Guardians are intended to open with leaps, not walk up to the ranged class.

yes.. yes this pretty much how it goes. are you defending the fact that sorc's are not OP or are you part of the BUFF SORC crowd?

I think the hybrid spec needs talents rearranged to break it's utility as it has way too much CC and just as much damage as a full 31 point spec. But that's really it. I don't think any specific ability needs a nerf.

Edited by Dystopic

This thread is entirely wrong on numerous points. The problem isn't ranged/caster classes, the problem is force/tech attacks, the ones that cause yellow damage as opposed to white. As a marksman sniper, I can attest to numerous misses, dodges, deflects, and shieldings of all of my attacks because they're ALL white. Meanwhile, my Vanguard is almost entirely reliant on tech attacks, and they always hit no matter what.

Force/tech attacks never miss and cannot be defended against or shielded. THIS is the problem. Not only is this a contributing factor to the perception of sorc/sage being OP (and really why lots of other ACs are, as well), it's also a problem for tank specs in PvP. Much of your mitigation essentially ignored (especially by sorc/sage because of the internal/elemental damage) and you also have many talents that provide defense bonuses, damage bonuses, improved resource management, and more that rely on either defending or shielding attacks, thus they are nullified almost completely.

Hope sarcasm. If you have 12k HP you need to get some gear. And as a shadow you are expected to normally open from stealth. Just like Guardians are intended to open with leaps, not walk up to the ranged class.

Do you pvp at all? If you're melee and you open with a leap ur screwed. You need the leap to get back to them after you're knocked back, rooted, stunned, rooted again and mezzed.

IIRC, the chance to hit with spells is (supposedly) only 10% higher than your chance to hit with other attacks.

i.e. the 100% chance to hit with force attacks still modified (supposedly) by the targets defense (and level differences)

So up against a tank with 33% defense, a sorc with 100% accuracy should still (supposedly) be missing 1/3rd of the time.

(Not sure I believe it. I suspect it actually uses the resist and not ranged or melee defense stats, and with no way to raise resist, the default accuracy is probably all one needs)

Definitely wouldn't call it game breaking though, either way.

Defense do not work with force and tech attacks. Which basically means, yellow attacks cannot be defended like parried, dodged and etc.

Do you pvp at all? If you're melee and you open with a leap ur screwed. You need the leap to get back to them after you're knocked back, rooted, stunned, rooted again and mezzed.

Yeah, I PVP. I have a Guardian and a healing sage. My Guardian does fine. Though I do think roots should be tied to resolve. Getting full resolve than being rooted is stupid.

Edited by Dystopic

yeah as a shadow DPS any ranged combat class ESPECIALLY sorc's

they can nuke me down from 12k hp before i can even get with melee distance.

You need gear at 12k hp! You also need to use this great ability called RESILIENCE!! See it 100% protects against tech and force attacks (tracer missiles, lightning). It lasts 5 seconds if u kinetic spec 3 if you are infil. You know how I know? The tooltip cause I read!

Now let's say it's on cooldown!! Gasp! Hmm stun 30m force speed in. Interrupt, kick, low slash. Force wave! Will all stop lightning some of these are spec dependent if viable in different situations but I'm sure you knew that :rolleyes:

If you have everything on cool down and they have everything off cd then you probably wouldn't win the fight anyway luck of the draw force cloak run heal come back kill.

Edited by Rasheth

Yet I still see accuracy on stuff intended for sorc/sages.

Does bioware even play their own game? How does it make sense?