The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Insane Spec?

Toxification

http://knotor.com/skills#AgMXABJRWmFpeoKaqrO609pzgoqRq7rS2wAA

I'm not a high enough level to test it but this spec looks like it would be an insane PvP spec. The sustained damage looks like it would be insane because of rocket punch's extremely low cooldown with the spec, thereby rail shot would have a really low cooldown and it also vents heat. Not to mention rail shot is the classes hardest hitter. So has anybody actually tried this spec?

This is the Parakeet spec. It is okay dps in exchange for defensive abilities. its a strong hybrid spec with lots of props from this forum, it is not as high as a 31 pyro or 8 8 25 pyro but it is a good mix of defense and dps. You have officially rediscovered the wheel congrats!

This is the Parakeet spec. It is okay dps in exchange for defensive abilities. its a strong hybrid spec with lots of props from this forum, it is not as high as a 31 pyro or 8 8 25 pyro but it is a good mix of defense and dps. You have officially rediscovered the wheel congrats!

8 8 25 Pyro is fine, but 8 6 27 is better. It is interesting that the OP found the build discovered two months ago.

It definitely is a decent spec, but it forces you to take talents that are 100% useless. So you are wasting talents and making a gimped spec (compared to others). A full 31 pyro spec will get you the most damage if thats what youre looking for.

I switched from CP to full Pyro a couple weeks ago, basically you are trading a small amount of (PVP) survivability and charge for much higher burst. Once you get used to not having charge, Pyro is far superior imo.

I switched from CP to full Pyro a couple weeks ago, basically you are trading a small amount of (PVP) survivability and charge for much higher burst. Once you get used to not having charge, Pyro is far superior imo.

Exactly, the only thing that makes you more survivable is a little bit more health and the extra armor from ion gas, and a couple random times to shield specific attacks. Aside from jet charge, you dont get any of the utility that any other class gets when they go tank spec.

But the extra burst you get from going full pyro borders on the absurd.

That was rude. Perhaps the OP does not spend all his free time on forums. Would it kill folks to post something useful rather than snide comments? There is some useful info in that reply, but why the need to end it with an insulting comment.

That said, thank you OP for posting this as I did find it useful. I don't read forums threads from 2 months ago so this was new to me.

That was rude. Perhaps the OP does not spend all his free time on forums. Would it kill folks to post something useful rather than snide comments? There is some useful info in that reply, but why the need to end it with an insulting comment.

That said, thank you OP for posting this as I did find it useful. I don't read forums threads from 2 months ago so this was new to me.

PS the sticky at the top of this forum has the spec he listed, so you don't need to read a 2month old thread.