Why should sorcs be nerfed?

paladinjb

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people say that they have too much CC and that they do too much damage. That is not true of course, other classes have the potential to do more they just don't all know how to or haven't figured it out yet. It's all pretty balanced imo.

Bad player of class A goes up against really good player of class B. Gets his *** handed to him. Goes to forums and complains that class B is overpowered, because 99% of players can't even entertain the idea that they aren't the best player that's ever played the game. This is further compounded by the majority of players being used to Blizzard's hand-holding, where the game protects you from all the things that mark a bad players, so players never learn that they need to get better and simultaneously the good players don't stand out as much.

Basically, the forums are the absolutely last place you should ever look to see which class is imbalanced.

Sorcs have a fair amount of CC, and properly speced, a fair amount of AoE. However, this is offset by their relatively limited defensive options and extremely low base mitigation. Sorcs are glass cannons with a lot of tricks up their sleeves. Mercs are titanium cannons with a few less tricks. It all evens out.

Edited by Daellia

Bad player of class A goes up against really good player of class B. Gets his *** handed to him. Goes to forums and complains that class B is overpowered, because 99% of players can't even entertain the idea that they aren't the best player that's ever played the game. This is further compounded by the majority of players being used to Blizzard's hand-holding, where the game protects you from all the things that mark a bad players, so players never learn that they need to get better and simultaneously the good players don't stand out as much.

Basically, the forums are the absolutely last place you should ever look to see which class is imbalanced.

Sorcs have a fair amount of CC, and properly speced, a fair amount of AoE. However, this is offset by their relatively limited defensive options and extremely low base mitigation. Sorcs are glass cannons with a lot of tricks up their sleeves. Mercs are titanium cannons with a few less tricks. It all evens out.

The answer to every nerf thread ever.

Do they have too many tools in pvp?

Are they too hard to kill?

Do they add too much to a huttball match?

What are your thoughts?

LOL, dude... your seriously asking trolls to provide an intelligable answer... Sorry, but that is a paradox to their nature.

wut

Seriously, nerf rouges.

That was intentional, I did not mean Bioware. The majority of SWTOR players are former WoW players, and Blizzard has been coddling and handholding their player base for quite some time.

Its hilarious really. No matter the class, you get people asking for buff, and on the same page people that just got pwned by one of that class crying for a nerf. Every single one.

Snipers cry for merc nerf, and want their mobility buffed, operatives whine that after the nerf, they suck and the world hate them, mara want a jug's survivability, merc complains about their heat.

Never mind sorc getting jumped by a mara/sent.

My view is that if everyone whines equally, we have a pretty decent balance.

does titanium mean glass now?

I don't know.

On my Operative I'm still concerned about taking down PVP flagged Commandos even if they appear to be AFK.

Somewhere in the 3 minutes of stabbing it takes to kill them there's still the chance his pet cat could jump on the keyboard and instantly kill me.

True story.

Well what classes have as many match changing tools as these?

Sprint, AOE knockback, bubble that absorbs damage, and furthmore can be talented with a stun on finish, teammate pull, a long stun, Whirlwind (cc that breaks on damage that can be talented to instant cast),

These are above any beyond and damage and healing that they can do. This is raw utility, and cannot be disregarded as insignificant. I don't think that Sorc/Sage damage is over the top, but the amount of escape tools and utility that they have is really overwhelming, especially in a match like huttball where the geography and hazards favors them.

I have a level 50 sorc btw, and I think it is in the best interests of any game for each class to be balanced with each other. When any class is above the average, an attempt should be made to bring them in line to close levels.

although sorcs can top dmg in wzs. They really cant kill anyone 1v1 on the same gear and skill level, most esp melee classes. Dps race with ranged classes to death, sorcs still dead.

Are sorcs really getting a nerf?

This should be a sticky for all nerf this and that posts!

IMHO, Sorcerers have a VAST range of abilities at their disposal. And from an uninformed/new players perspective, they do come across as being very overpowered. They're also pretty powerful in the 1-49 bracket (then again, so are Snipers). Anyway, I play a sniper, so they don't last particularly long, especially when they're healers. Lol

The y DO NOT need a nerf, it's just the jedi consular coming in after getting and they there class buffedl but though extensive research we are NOT superior.

God I hope a DeV doesn't go along with these players that don't know how to play or I'm out ffsl

Only the Hybrid-Specc needs nerfing. The other DPS trees need actually a hard buff.

The only thing that really needs nerfed for the hybrid spec is their AoE output in PvP, which is easily solved by giving Chain Lightning a 15 second cooldown instead of a 6 second. Lightning Storm resets the cooldown anyway, so this would only affect hybrid builds. Give Death Mark a boost to 25% to offset the dps loss in PvE (since with the Lightning Barrage double-dip fix in 1.2, 13/28 is right on level with 31-Lightning and 31-Madness), and problem solved.

Do they have too many tools in pvp?

Are they too hard to kill?

Do they add too much to a huttball match?

What are your thoughts?

Single target damage is easily healed.

Focus target is dispelled making DoT's of little use.

Any team worth anything will have at least 1 pull AC, Force Charge+Pull and Sorcerer is dead.

What they do have is acceptable AE damage that requiring sacrificing PvP survivability.

In Rated WZ no team worth anything will ever allow the Sorcerer behind them..The will Force Charge and pull her down and beat the living snot out of her in seconds.

Sage/Sorcerer will be re worked after Rated start -I suspect even buffed.

As a 61 Valor Assassin and 61 Valor Sorcerer I know only bad players die to Sorcerer and only bad team allow the Sorcerer to run free on platforms.