what do you provide in raids?

xioix

Serious question. Because right now, my IA is only L4 and I'm wondering whether I should continue or level up my also L4 Sorc.... :confused:

So you want to go play sorc and attempt to join a guild that has closed recruitment on sorcs and play in a raid full of sorcs that are already providing everything a sorc can provide and compete with them on sorc gear?

the biggest thing we bring to a raids is that we are a rare breed, so...

1- We are not in competition for gear with others.

2- Coordination: 5% crit buff for the group (all imperial agent have this)

3- Ballistic shield: 20% dmg reduction for 15sec

4- Distraction: one of the few range interupt

5- Shatter shot: 20% armor debuff for 45sec

the biggest thing we bring to a raids is that we are a rare breed, so...

1- We are not in competition for gear with others.

2- Coordination: 5% crit buff for the group (all imperial agent have this)

3- Ballistic shield: 20% dmg reduction for 15sec

4- Distraction: one of the few range interupt

5- Shatter shot: 20% armor debuff for 45sec

And a HELL of alot of dps.

Sniper is always # 1 RDPS in raids. Everybody and their moms will want sniper in ops.

As for utility:

- long droid npc CC

- + 20 % dmr AoE field (good for some bosses like 1 droid boss in EV).

- AoE on packs of trash and some encounters (like mouse droids on Karaga, adds on Foreman-crusher).

And we provide class. All those siths running around getting all sweaty and burning energy, and the Bhs all bottled up in their tin cans, its really left to us snipers to be the classy ones. find a nice spot, lay out a drink maybe an ashtray for our cigars, and proceed to melt faces. I mean come on, It doesnt get much classier then a Sniper. I think that its just an important as all the above mentioned advantages we bring.

And we provide class. All those siths running around getting all sweaty and burning energy, and the Bhs all bottled up in their tin cans, its really left to us snipers to be the classy ones. find a nice spot, lay out a drink maybe an ashtray for our cigars, and proceed to melt faces. I mean come on, It doesnt get much classier then a Sniper. I think that its just an important as all the above mentioned advantages we bring.

/agreed

Tea in one hand, Sniper rifle in the other.

A snuff box and crumpets don't hurt either to be honest. Snipers bring the sexy.

As a woman who enjoys a good Cigar, i feel my sniper would have 3 Autorro Fuente 858's and a Perdomo Lot 23 (for a good headshot) all in a bicep sheath, if you notice alot of our armor options have cigar tubes on them. a thermos with a good Irish Whiskey, Tulamore Dew mayhaps. and my little chest pouch will have 2 fresh phesant sandwhiches (sans crust) and a small cup of Apple ambrosia. Im a fancy lady, after all i did roll a sniper.

So to all my snipers, pinkies out! show the enemies we are not only scary lethal, we are also fancy ladies and gentlemen.

*curtsy*

Sniper is always # 1 RDPS in raids. Everybody and their moms will want sniper in ops.

As for utility:

- long droid npc CC

- + 20 % dmr AoE field (good for some bosses like 1 droid boss in EV).

- AoE on packs of trash and some encounters (like mouse droids on Karaga, adds on Foreman-crusher).

How do we know this, without proper tools to make a comparison between the classes?

For one thing, many Snipers also play other characters. While it isn't necessarily easy to tell, it can be fairly easy to deduce which of your characters does more damage.

Second, the fourth boss in EV. I have never ever seen a sniper not placed on one of the high health bosses, and generally we suceed in downing ours first. My 8man raidgroup used to feature three snipers and we did some wicked damage at times.

Im sure snipers do good dmg and offer a lot to a ops but saying when I play as sniper things seem to die faster and having 3 snipers in a group makes things die faster isnt an argument to me. I trust numbers more.

I realize I have no numbers but I have a hard time taking such statments as truth when half of the stories like that seem to be completely made up in this forum.

As midgey said, the 4th EV boss involves each player having a 1v1. With equivalent gear, snipers tend to be the fastest ranged dps to finish there fight. Does this fight provide an exact ranking of dps classes? No. Does it give us some idea of who is strong and who is weak? yes.

How do we know this, without proper tools to make a comparison between the classes?

Well we don't, but you see, every single thread about how bad Sniper dps is and how they don't bring anything to raids is just as blind to any metrics. So why the hell not say we bring the best rdps?

As a woman who enjoys a good Cigar, i feel my sniper would have 3 Autorro Fuente 858's and a Perdomo Lot 23 (for a good headshot) all in a bicep sheath, if you notice alot of our armor options have cigar tubes on them. a thermos with a good Irish Whiskey, Tulamore Dew mayhaps. and my little chest pouch will have 2 fresh phesant sandwhiches (sans crust) and a small cup of Apple ambrosia. Im a fancy lady, after all i did roll a sniper.

So to all my snipers, pinkies out! show the enemies we are not only scary lethal, we are also fancy ladies and gentlemen.

*curtsy*

This is WIN!

The biggest change I would like to see for snipers is the removal of our flashing red lights on cover...its hard to look stylish when you appear to be at the scene of a hazmat accident.

Im sure snipers do good dmg and offer a lot to a ops but saying when I play as sniper things seem to die faster and having 3 snipers in a group makes things die faster isnt an argument to me. I trust numbers more.

I realize I have no numbers but I have a hard time taking such statments as truth when half of the stories like that seem to be completely made up in this forum.

You can really see it most when you are fighting an elite in my opinion. Sometimes I just stop dps'ing for a minute and watch the health bar just kind of sit there and inch it's way down. Then I start up again and watch it go on a steady decline.

I also have two alts. Sorcerer deeps are nice on my alt, but it takes a while to get them going full bore. I also hear when other people in my raid are saying I just critted 4k!!! Meanwhile I just critted it 3 times in a row on three different attacks.

Bring on the dps meter, I have no doubt we are right up there near the top.

Well we don't, but you see, every single thread about how bad Sniper dps is and how they don't bring anything to raids is just as blind to any metrics. So why the hell not say we bring the best rdps?

Yesterday, during the summit, the guy said that Snipers are currently the top damage class. This is from one of the developers who I am sure have been looking at the meters for Ops and WZs for quite some time now. They also said that Mercs are going to be getting a nerf though so who knows what is really going on.