*Mech Healing - the ultimate CM Trooper & SB Smuggler Blog/Guide

hawga

Tired of all the talk about lightsabers and force abilities?

Well come check out Mech Healing!

A place were all you probers, scanners, and Kolto spammers are welcome.

It is our brand new blog/guide for all Combat Medics, and Sawbones!

Trooper Guide Features:

-Abilities

-Skill builds & breakdowns

-Stats

-Mods - unfinished

-Crew Skills

-UI & Macros - unfinished

Smuggler Guide (in progress)

Come check it out and tell us what you think, and may the Mech be with you!

:sy_republic:

I appreciate it! Yeah force heals are overrated :D

Things are going slow right now because were hard at leveling but I appreciate all your PM's and comments, please feel free to sign up and tell us what should be added so that when me and my partner are doing our bi weekly blog update we have a nice community to blog too.

This site is in kind of a beta phase and will be until we cap 50, and can give more solid operation experience talk. Everything I know is from beta testing so a little has changed.

:ph_thank_you:

@Jeargroth

Depends on if your solo or grouping. I prefer to group a lot and do flash points so I went my first 12 points into Combat Medic to get Kolto bomb, and then started working on my gunnery. I would personally suggest going into 12 gunnery, and then into combat medic if you intend on soloing a lot and not doing FP's.

Either way you start, they are both effective. I out dps a lot of people that I group with being 12 CM in, and only 8 in gun. Like I said in yesturdays blog update, the hybrid spec really start to shine once you receive your m1-4x companion. M1-4X is tank/dps mixed with your healing/dps is just perfect. I can clear mose 2+ heroics solo.

@Behrit

You can see the stacks of CSC (combat support cell) at your buff bar. Each Hammer shot on a player or enemy with CSC active will generate 3 stacks.

Edited by hawga

Great site! I like this time of the game where everyone is learning how to play their roles and coming up with their own takes. I recommend having a general healing aid post where you talk about UI controls and stuff to help new healers. Things like how to set and use Focus Frames and how to make your party health bars more defined.

@USCLawStudent

Yeah thats currently already in the works, I have a section called "UI and Macro's" but its not even close to being finished. I was thinking about waiting until they implemented a UI system but that might be a while. Thats a good idea bout the Focus frames I think I will add that in next time servers go down ;]

If you have any other ideas let me know, I would love to make this a "community" style site with lots of input.

Thanks for making your guide, it was helpful.

If you could expand the discussion about itemization it would be appreciated. I am thinking about doing a hybrid spec of 24 in medic and 17 in gunnery. I am trying to figure out whether I need to spend the 2 points in first responder to boost alacrity, or can invest those points elsewhere. Similarly, I am trying to figure out whether I am better off getting + alacrity gear, or sticking with +crit and +surge gear.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the input Chris! What would you like to see explained more for itemization?

I would personally get havoc shot first (spend 11 points in gunner) and then work on your medic skills. I would save the alacrity until the very end because it is not a significant change.

As far as stats go you don't get a lot of choices when leveling up. When you get mods from quests or buy them from vendors they only give you a few choices. From level ~1-30 I stack AIM, and POWER (sometimes END if only option). From ~30+ you get more stats onto your mods and I prefer to have AIM, then POWER, then CRIT (sometimes you have to take END which is fine). I have stacked alacrity and I was very dissatisfied because our AMP is 1.5, then MP is ~2 seconds, rest is instant. As a Medic we need to focus and AIM, POWER, CRIT, and then SURGE. With the medics mechanic of short burst heals but small pool, we need to utilize the our crits to be effective.

Edited by hawga

Thanks again.

Focusing on aim, power, crit and surge is what I assumed would be best, so I'm glad to see you recommend it.

I was confused because some others are saying alacrity is important for healers and that it helps to spend the 2 skill points in first responder and another 2 points in weapon callibration to boost alacrity even further. I would rather spend these 4 points elsewhere, the gain seemed extremely marginal to me and it sounds like you agree.

So I think you answered my question and I can now stop worrying about alacrity and be happy! :p

@Chris

I personally will be putting the points in both first responder and weapon calibrations because they will make a difference. Those are a % of alacrity rather than alacrity rating. Either way alacrity is on the bottom of my list as a trooper, but not completely forgotten.

ALSO

Mech Healing website UPDATE!

- updated pics for blog

- my operations key binds page (in progress)

- smuggler update

- NEW BLOG!

- NEW FRIENDS!

Take a look and submit some feedback!

may the mech be with you!

Thanks guys for all of your complements on the site me and Hawg are going to be updating it here soon.

As for the mods and ui we'll explore that as soon as Bioware allows customization to our UI's.

:D

Edited by Centerpin

I'm a level 25 on Krath and I have been using your hybrid gunnery/medic build. I enjoy it and I think it makes for a very versitile toon. However, I have a question about Alcarity for you.

Since Alcarity speeds up casting time, you get more skills off faster. However, cannot this mess with the 'ideal' skill rotation for maximum ammo regen? After a critical with first responder and weapons calibrations you are granted a 9% alcarity. Does that essentially mean that with a standard critical rate I can get 10 shots or skills off in the time it would normally take 9? Is that a significant bonus? With maintaing ideal ammogen regen skill rotation is the alcarity really worth it iF that "bonus" shot has to be a Hammer Shot?

I read in an earlier post by you to even place the points in AS last as they provide minimal benefit. Why not then take these two points and put them somewhere more useful?

With those two extra points you could grab Combat Shield and Armor Screen for example. and get an immune interupt ability and 10% armor on AMP for 9 secs.

It just seems that those two points could be better spent. However, I am not a level 50 so I don't know beyond what it looks like on paper.

What do you think?

@sixinarow

I dont want to say that alacrity is useless because it does knock a few seconds off spells and channels. I do however highly recommend stacking Aim, Crit, power, and surge in that order. The trooper has a small ammo pool that is unlimited. So maximizing your dps/heals with the little ammo you have is much more important. Also our healing/dps abilities are fairly quick, and on the move so alacrity is the least important.

You can put these points in last, or you can take other skills it doesnt matter. I also recommend that once you hit 50 to respec to a healing spec because you want to make sure that you can handle healing operations. Even if you only do flashpoints you will need to fill a standard role of full dps, or heals.

thank you for your feedback, and let me know how your leveling is going!