Confirmation on "Insight"

RedThanix

I know there's a fair bit of contested opinions on whether or not Insight (2/4/6% Crit increase on Force attacks) affects DoT ticks for Watchmen, but I'm just checking to see if there's been any confirmation (or beg a Dev for actual confirmation).

There's a debate on that? I've been under the impression that its a given that Insight affects our DoTs and the debate has been about whether it's worth investing 3 points into that.

The most typical discussion that I see revolving around Insight is whether yellow damage is directly correlated to the Force Crit bonus.

Admittedly, I haven't checked on it in the past two weeks or so. I was just looking for solid confirmation.

Edited by RedThanix

The most typical discussion that I see revolving around Insight is whether yellow damage is directly correlated to the Force Crit bonus.

Admittedly, I haven't checked on it in the past two weeks or so. I was just looking for solid confirmation.

No, yellow hits are force type of attack... Just look at Ataru Proc, the color code is same as DoT damage. Even devs said the the color codes should tell you if its a normal attack or a force attack.

SO yes insight does benefit DoT. So in theory you can have talants give you 21% Crit chance when in combat (15% Stance stack and 6% insight).

Someone posted awhile back that it only affects Overload Saber DOTs and not your Cauterize because Cauterize is counted as physical for some reason. Haven't really bother to check myself but just throwing it out there.

Now, the initial damage (starting damage) is physical attack, DoT damage is still Force damage.