One nice thing to say a week about SWTOR by Shannon Lee Martin #2

Bleakmage

For about a week, then he will be bored again

The only reason so many people are bored is we have become spoiled demanding brats who are accustomed to chewing through content (whether it be in video games or other things) at an alarming rate instead of using our own imaginations as the necessary part of the entertainment process they always were and must be.

The only reason so many people are bored is we have become spoiled demanding brats who are accustomed to chewing through content (whether it be in video games or other things) at an alarming rate instead of using our own imaginations as the necessary part of the entertainment process they always were and must be.

That ~emotes clap animation~ :D

Your assumption makes sense for players whom hit cap in a few weeks or less. However, the issue is that the content goes by too quickly even if you're not trying. A game like this, does everything it can to remove your imagination from the equation. By the fact that the story is entirely told as a movie. You don't need to Imagine your character doing something because you can clearly see him do it.

The leveling curve was simply too fast if you're not making alts and playing a very small amount of time. I use my imagination to RP on Jung Ma, but even that tends to break down if things go wrong for one reason or another - like a key player leaving the RP.

It's a core design flaw, and a very painful one. It can be corrected in future expansions, but as for now it has to be lived with and that's about it. You hit 50, you raid or die really. Roll an alt, and if you don't like that? Time to leave. Interactive activities for players of all levels must Never be shunned.

I use my imagination in what I perceive to be gaps in the consistency of a storyline I may be following at the time, filling in my own blank. It would be nice if new story content were added every month like Asheron's Call. I'll keep stating that game as the Gold Standard of Content updates. I know there will also be expansions, but I'm saying both. If this game wants to excel it will topple all former deities. It has a huge amount going for it so far :D

Also, I do most of my roleplaying in my own head. I prefer neither. Either is good for me, people, no people, its all the same :D Well not really but that keeps me from crying lolz.

Also, plenty of roleplaying opportunities on the PvP battlefield :D

• 2 months later...