Do you play for fun or for digits on your Character Screen?

varbosa

So much whine, so much suggestion of farmers and exploiters, unfair advantages of this and that.

How many people just play for fun?

And will deal with any inequalities like an adult, life isn't fair, suck it up.

I always play for fun. If you're not having fun, why do it? Having an overdeveloped E-peen is so overrated. It's one of the top causes of lack of girlfriend.

So much whine, so much suggestion of farmers and exploiters, unfair advantages of this and that.

How many people just play for fun?

And will deal with any inequalities like an adult, life isn't fair, suck it up.

Yeah, gear and stats are all nice, but it's not the reason I play, which is to hang out with friends and family and enjoy a challenge overcoming an obstacle in the game.

The title of the thread should be what do you determine to be fun, as some people do have fun counting stats.

Edited by Vydor_HC

I acecpt your fun, I would of made a poll if possible.

Was curious and even if people would admit it :)

I should have added that I don't cry rivers on the forums or anywhere else about bugs, imbalance etc. I simply find making my toon better to be fun. That could be stat wise or appearance.

I try and play for fun, I WANT to play for fun...but the pvp & wz is so overloaded with elitists that it kills the fun...being called an idiot and a n00b simply because you dont have top skillz, fancy tactic, and special knowledge on all that is PVP..... is really a huge downer.

Fun for me is fighting a player controlled character when neither of us has a major advantage due to gear. When game knowledge and ability to execute with your character are the major deciding factors in PvP, that is fun for me.

And Ilum is most enjoyable for me when there are only a handful there on each side and I can fight with even numbers in small engagements. Large engagements are not fun due to lag.

well i do like to win... its why i would play any game. If i didnt play to win then what fun would it be for the other people I am playing against. I would hope they are trying to win too that would be kinda boring playing against a bunch of people that just dont care. The rewards dont even bother me that much, i just want to see a green bar that says victory and a good fight thats fun.

Gota have the numbers though to make those wins possible, its just the nature of the "game". I always try to put 100% in to everything i do, life, work and even games.

Edited by yinten

I try and play for fun, I WANT to play for fun...but the pvp & wz is so overloaded with elitists that it kills the fun...being called an idiot and a n00b simply because you dont have top skillz, fancy tactic, and special knowledge on all that is PVP..... is really a huge downer.

+1

My block list is full of these. Seriously, there is no need to be an a-hole every time somebody makes a mistake. I'm all for correcting said mistake, however. :)

I have to play for fun. Coming in to the office and telling everyone I got a boss drop last night in an online game would get me branded as a cuckoo. And my friends couldn't care less about my epeen or achievements in PvP. Sadly, I must play for fun since no one in my life gives a hoot about magnificent I am online. :D

I play for fun, and it is a lot of fun building and optimizing your character and getting those better digits. Games like this are fun because of the challenges they present (and also because the Star Wars universe is so rich).

I am a moderate/casual gamer, so I really haven't found anything in the game that would prevent me from having fun... So much QQing on the forums that I just... don't... understand...

So it seems most people play for fun, its hard to see with the majority of these posts and threads though.

Those posts and threads are the overly vocal minority. Just like with any revolution/uprising, its typically not the majority of the population standing up to the regime, but really just one minority fighting with another minority, and 95% of the population gets caught in the crossfire.

If you enjoy the game, nothing is a chore.

You play, you have fun and the rewards will come as a side effect.

Relax and improve your gameplay. Everything else follows.

I disagree, grinding can be, and a lot of the time is a chore. But the work you put towards achieving something or getting your reward it makes it that much more satisfying.

Edited by Martingale

So it seems most people play for fun, its hard to see with the majority of these posts and threads though.

fun is pretty subjective though... of course every one is going to be playing this for fun. If your not playing a game for fun then your either getting paid or its what all of your friends are doing and dont want to be left out.