Please give PTs another weapon besides the dinky little blaster pistol

xTehMikex

The republic counterpart, the vanguard, has an assault rifle. Yet we get a blaster pistol. Not two, but one. What kind of tank only has one dinky little blaster pistol, What kind of dps only has one little blaster pistol... cmon now, give us something better.

The republic counterpart, the vanguard, has an assault rifle. Yet we get a blaster pistol. Not two, but one. What kind of tank only has one dinky little blaster pistol, What kind of dps only has one little blaster pistol... cmon now, give us something better.

i love my little potato gun, makes me feel warm inside when i kill a commando

I've always considered my powertech to "dual wield", pistol for range in right hand and power gauntlet in left for melee rocketpunching, md range flaming, and a few long range tricks like rail and missiles.

the vanguards rifle does all the tricks our left hand does. do you want all BHs animations to become rifle based instead of gauntlet/pistol based? because if you got your way and we got rifles, either the rifle takes over our animations or it looks awkward while we hold a rifle like a pistol in our right to throw flame with our left. where will I put it when I rocket punch or grapple someone - will I just hold it in one hand? I think that would look silly IMO.

the whole setup is designed to be power armor (ala ironman) vs tricked out rifle. If you want rifle and not armor to use your abilities, roll republic please. Powertech is pistol and free hand for utilizing the power armor, thats just the way it is and I don't see any way they could change it to rifle w/o screwing up all the animations I love.

Edited by Prolyfic

It would be nice if the top of each skill tree gave you the ability to use another kind of weapon. Like arsenal let you use heavy connons and bodyguard let you use rifles, something like that. I'd like to be able to do melee tbh

What exactly do you want? a Massive pistol that looks like a one Handed Rifle???

I am a huge proponent of more weapons choices for all classes, but it's not going to happen. The pistols grow on you, even if you'd rather have carbines. And you asked what tank uses a pistol... well, you've got heavy armour. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.