Healers getting Kill credit for people they heal? [FIXED]

GirraffeOnFire

But you can only get 4 medals that count towards comms and valor now.

Healers already got that many.

And I frequently got plenty of kill credits because i didnt just spam heals, i did aoe's and dots between healing.

Its just sad how ez-mode this is becoming.

And I frequently got plenty of kill credits because i didnt just spam heals, i did aoe's and dots between healing.

We've got dps for AoEs and dots, healers shouldn't be forced into doing a dps's role when they should be healing.

The only way we could get 4 medals before was by dpsing, I believe

This is awesome. I had it politely explained ( and was not so politely insulted for misunderstanding ).

I hope this brings healers into WZs, it will be nice to actually have one on the team more often than I win roulette.

I may spec healing now b/c of this change!

No what is sad is me healing 300k plus in WZ's and only getting around 3-4 medals when basically with out my healz everyone would have just gotten owned. Oh and then theres the MVP at the end which never goes to healers. It is about time we get rewarded for Carrying the ball.carrier over the line :)

Yes, I'm glad that I can finally play a support role in WZ's now, it's what I excel at (Lore-Masters in LOTRO anybody??). It's ok to go unrecognized, clearing peoples slows/dots and force pulling them out of danger just makes me happy haha. Love it! Edited by Amien

Healers didnt get this many at all. A full healer only get 3. They are not even getting the medall for 10 killed enemies. Because as healer, you dont get credits for these.

So this is a awesome change for healers, and a good way to support their work in WZs.

You're missing the point.

The objective behind changing how much valor you get per medal and capping how many medals count towards valor/comm total is to REMOVE the "medal farming" mentality. Anyone can hit 4 medals easy. So now it's about WINNING THE GAME and not SOLO'ING for medals.

Healers didnt get this many at all. A full healer only get 3. They are not even getting the medall for 10 killed enemies. Because as healer, you dont get credits for these.

So this is a awesome change for healers, and a good way to support their work in WZs.

2.5k single heal, 75k heal, 5k single heal, 300k heal - thats make 4, so it's ok now. As full heal seer have usaully something about 6-8medals.

This is awesome. I had it politely explained ( and was not so politely insulted for misunderstanding ).

I hope this brings healers into WZs, it will be nice to actually have one on the team more often than I win roulette.

As far as I understand, the healers will get the kills from the ones they heal added to their own kills? And including the fact, that warzone kills will count towards the Ilum dailies/weeklies, does this mean this kills through healing count towards the Ilum quests as well?

You're missing the point.

The objective behind changing how much valor you get per medal and capping how many medals count towards valor/comm total is to REMOVE the "medal farming" mentality. Anyone can hit 4 medals easy. So now it's about WINNING THE GAME and not SOLO'ING for medals.

That was never the problem.

Problem is with people leaving lost games, mainly battlemasters. They don't care about valor anymore, only about daily wins.

I play a full healer and i avg'ed 6-8 medals per warzone.

It will stop medal farmers, i.e. the cheap PvPers who play WZs for the wrong reasons. People used to medal farm and not bother actually trying to win the WZ. This patch is productive in that respect, and will also help low population servers a little. The problem with low population servers is they are probably dying a bit. Why play there when you can re-roll onto a better one, that say actually has Ilum battles.

Edited by Ewgal