"All classes should do the same damage"

Seravis

but only some classes should be allowed to have CC.

but only some classes should have to press more then 2 buttons to dps.

but only some classes should should be ranged.

but only...

(only 1 class should be allowed to have all these things and do it all with less effort)

Seems balanced to me. Now on with the new "nerf ranged(sorc) classes" QQ thread.

So.... who else is getting tired of having every warzone being 6 ranged and 2 melee when there are 3 ranged AC and 5 melee AC? You don't have to understand math to realize the giant discrepancies appearing in class populations nowadays.

Something needs to change before this game is 90% ranged with 10% melee(someone needs to tank ofc), and I don't really care what. Personally I don't feel the ranged class are OP, but that they are just too easy to play and succeed with compared to the melee classes.

But regardless... nerf sages into the ground oh and put a damn CD on grav round so I can play pvp against more then 2 classes. Otherwise this games PVP will become literal trench warfare with 8v8 all ranged. Or better yet give scoundrels insane kinetic burst openers that dispel shields as well. They will die horribly vs anyone with armor, but will be able to force some noob to reroll their sorc/sages.

Oh and yeah this post is a giant QQ thread, and If you aren't QQing over the sad state PVP is in then you are probably a merc/sorc who forgot to bind your Grav Round/Force Lightning key to Q.

So your solution is "nerf two classes so much that the people playing it will reroll other classes to be competitive".

Some thoughts aren't worth posting on these forums.

We could just nerf them enough so that everyone and their grandmother stops rolling them.

So your solution is "nerf two classes so much that the people playing it will reroll other classes to be competitive".

Some thoughts aren't worth posting on these forums.

How else would you stop everyone from continuing to reroll sorc/sage?

Go play some 1-49 warzones to see the evidence. It's getting to ridiculous.

If you don't see a problem with 90% of the population playing the same class then I don't know what to tell you.

Now replace Sage with Sorc and grav round with tracer missile. You still feel the same way correct?

Of course. Nerf/over complicate sorc/sage and merc/commando to be on par with other classes when played with keyboards with only 2 keys on it. AKA terrible.

put a damn CD on grav round

*facepalm*

That would quite litterally RUIN the gunnery commando. While I admit some Mercs and Commandos use Tracer Missiles and Grav Rounds more than they should, the fact is that the entire Gunnery/Arsenal tree is built around that one ability.

Rail shot/High Impact Bolt? On your own, the target needs an armor debuff to use it, and the damage is only really good after you've built up a few stacks of the damage buff from Grav Round/Tracer Missile.

Unload/Full Auto? Damage is only really good when you've procced off... wait for it... Grav Round/Tracer Missile.

Heatseaker Missile/Whatever Commandos have? You guessed it.

Seriously, look at the arsenal/gunnery tree before you throw out stupid complaints like this. You could ask for a damage reduction to Grav Round/Tracer Missile, but a corresponding boost to the damage buffs from it would probably be needed.

Also, it really helps if you learn how to actually disrupt Grav Round (It's a lot easier than you seem to think it is)

Well at least you are constant about it :)

I am all for balanced factions. Actually I would almost say give republics a few "buffs" so they are 1% better than imperials. As long as we got FOTM rerollers we should use them to fix the imbalances in the game whenever possible.

Lol! You do know that there are specs on MOST classes that any half decent player can use to kill Sages/Sorceres, right?

Granted, melee classes take more skill to use, but when you've attained that level of skill, you destroy people far better than most ranged classes could hope for.

THAT is why there is, and will always be an over-populated ranged damage group. Because it's easier to be "ok". No matter what you nerf on one class, people will still roll a different ranged class whether they enjoy ranged because it's their thing, or people who play ranged because it's all their skill level will allow them. The only time this will stop is when Melee are so dominant that there is literally no point being ranged.

If that happens, haven't you just switched one problem for another? Currently there are a lot of ranged and bad melee players get little out of PvP. Nerf ranged classes enough and the good melee (who already destroy most ranged classes) will be SO much better than even the good ranged people that you will find most war-zones to be excessively melee-heavy.

Trading one problem for another one at least equal in magnitude , simply because it benefits you to do so, is never going to be a good answer to a problem.

Edited by Tyrias

How else would you stop everyone from continuing to reroll sorc/sage?

Go play some 1-49 warzones to see the evidence. It's getting to ridiculous.

If you don't see a problem with 90% of the population playing the same class then I don't know what to tell you.

Are you on a PvE or PvP server? On my server most alts or new 50s are marauders, because everyone who is serious about PvP knows they destroy any and everyone on a even 1v1 comparison.

They are also the class best equipped to destroy a Sorc/Sage.

*facepalm*

That would quite litterally RUIN the gunnery commando. While I admit some Mercs and Commandos use Tracer Missiles and Grav Rounds more than they should, the fact is that the entire Gunnery/Arsenal tree is built around that one ability.

Rail shot/High Impact Bolt? On your own, the target needs an armor debuff to use it, and the damage is only really good after you've built up a few stacks of the damage buff from Grav Round/Tracer Missile.

Unload/Full Auto? Damage is only really good when you've procced off... wait for it... Grav Round/Tracer Missile.

Heatseaker Missile/Whatever Commandos have? You guessed it.

Seriously, look at the arsenal/gunnery tree before you throw out stupid complaints like this. You could ask for a damage reduction to Grav Round/Tracer Missile, but a corresponding boost to the damage buffs from it would probably be needed.

Also, it really helps if you learn how to actually disrupt Grav Round (It's a lot easier than you seem to think it is)

They should change/add some new abilities to make up for it obviously. But no classs should be able to press 1 button and win. ever. EVER. Grav Round spam is perhaps the stupidest thing I have ever seen in any MMO. Its literally a button button class. Either use the same ability over and over. Or lose.

But yeah overall Arsenal spec is a pathetically weak PVP spec vs anyone with a brain 1v1. unfortunately when not constantly interrupted in group pvp or against a bad player it is a stupidly strong spec for literally only pressing 1 button. No movement needed. no facing needed. nothing. Just run near the fighting and press 1 key.

Sorcs do high continuous damage because they have no burst.

Sorcs have good CC and a shield because they have zero defensive cooldowns.

Sorcs have a single escape because every other class either has an escape or a distance closer, or, multiples.

Sorcs have healing because they're a support class in light armour.

If you take out their high damage over time- you need to give them burst.

If you take away their CC, you need to give them some temporary CC immunity/damage immunity defensive CDs like other classes have.

You take away force speed, you need to give them in combat stealth or a blink or some kind of escape.

You take away healing- you need to give them a great deal to make up for that to make them on par with marauders.

Lol! You do know that there are specs on MOST classes that any half decent player can use to kill Sages/Sorceres, right?

Granted, melee classes take more skill to use, but when you've attained that level of skill, you destroy people far better than most ranged classes could hope for.

THAT is why there is, and will always be an over-populated ranged damage group. Because it's easier to be "ok". No matter what you nerf on one class, people will still roll a different ranged class whether they enjoy ranged because it's their thing, or people who play ranged because it's all their skill level will allow them. The only time this will stop is when Melee are so dominant that there is literally no point being ranged.

If that happens, haven't you just switched one problem for another? Currently there are a lot of ranged and bad melee players get little out of PvP. Nerf ranged classes enough and the good melee (who already destroy most ranged classes) will be SO much better than even the good ranged people that you will find most war-zones to be excessively melee-heavy.

Trading one problem for another one at least equal in magnitude , simply because it benefits you to do so, is never going to be a good answer to a problem.

A good player CAN kill an average sorc 1v1. You are right. But don't insinuate sorc are a bad 1v1 class. a good sorc can kite just about anything to death given the time in a pure 1v1. But that is a good sorc. I'm not asking to nerf good sorcerers. I'm asking to nerf bad sorcerers. and this is ignoring just how much CC/shields/etc they can throw around in group PVP. Ask that marauder what he can do to help his team win besides attack 1 target.

But in the end here is the thing. At the moment there are way too many sorcerers being rolled. You can try to look away from that, but its happening and anyone not a sorcerer is noticing this.

Regardless of whether or not the class is indeed overpowered or not the sheer class imbalance this is making is just 1 more thing killing this game.

Its either buff 7 classes or nerf 1.

Sorcs have a single escape because every other class either has an escape or a distance closer, or, multiples.

If you take away their CC, you need to give them some temporary CC immunity/damage immunity defensive CDs like other classes have.

You take away force speed, you need to give them in combat stealth or a blink or some kind of escape.

You take away healing- you need to give them a great deal to make up for that to make them on par with marauders.

Your right they don't have those cool downs. Because all their abilities that do those things you listed aren't cool down abilities...

Nice try though.

You don't "need" to give anything in compensation. What did Operatives get when they got nerf smacked? They got nothing.

Sorcs are overpowered. You nerf them, and you give them nothing.

Edited by EternalFinality

Nerf healing..period.

Thats whats currently broken/unbalanced.

Right now if your not a healer or healer/hybrid or marauder/sentinel...you should be rolling one.

Without any viable heal debuffs aside from maras/sents pretty soon nothing else will matter.

Id be happy to see them put Smugglers/Operatives into a support role by giving them an AOE heal debuff... nanotech dampeners or some such is perfectly fitting with what a sneaky spy might do.

Without more hard counters to massed healers being added to the game... things arent gonna get better for DPS classes in warzones.

Hope the Legacy system brings at least a couple of such debuffs

First things first I would rather they just make the sorcerer class FAR more complicated to play so that bad players do bad and good players do good. But nerfs are far more likely to happen.

Oh and Marauders have no burst. Doesn't mean they don't do stupid amounts of damage. (calling annihilate burst is like calling crushing darkness > death field > shock burst. they both take multiple GCDs to achieve due to rage mechanics. )

Your "defensive CDs" is that you take 0 damage from melee at >5m. If you can't kite someone 1v1 with multiple stuns, a knockback, a blind, a root, a sprint, multiple slows, a mezz... I don't know what to tell you. most melee have 1 "gap closer" and a slow. The next time someone charges you. Hit knockback and walk away to 30m. either they break your CC and you mezz/stun/etc them and then walk to 30m. or you walk to 30m.

Every single one of your CC's is an escape.

I don't care about the healing. But w/e. Armor means about jack**** in PVP at the moment. about 90% of classes ignore armor almost entirely. and sorc are dps/support/healers while some classes are just "dps". They have nothing else. But sorc are allowed to dps just as well as them and have the ability to do other things as well. This is just another reason to roll a sorc.

I've noticed the only big PvP guilds on my server actually rolling marauders because they are excellent in PvP.

If anything, marauders will probably be on the chopping block if sorcs get nerfed, considering how incredible their defensive CD's are in addition to their amazing damage. I've seen marauders/sents kill two people right by themselves when they pop CD's.

Edited by LordZanos

Not really, overall we're probably got the most solid toolkit in the game.

Not that bad. With my sorc and Assassin, I do tend to kill people fast and swift, but I can also die faster then most classes. Inquis are far from being truly OP especially when you choose sorcs.

Not that bad. With my sorc and Assassin, I do tend to kill people fast and swift, but I can also die faster then most classes. Inquis are far from being truly OP especially when you choose sorcs.

Go hybrid 20/21 and I can almost guarantee that you won't be dieing faster than most classes anymore.

Edited by Aidank