500 valor first 4 medals...bad idea!

dejavy

As far as i understood the coming patch description:

"Medals are now worth 500 Valor and 10 Commendations. Players only earn Valor and Commendations for the first 4 medals earned each match."

So, we get 4 medals: guard, taunt, killing blow, 10 kills and later can afk till the end of the match because there's no reason to die somewhere else if we ALL get the same amount of valor.

Did i understand correct your idea? If so, it's just BAD idea my dear BW.

Every match with my premade i do about 8-11 medals as vanguard assault. I don't want to get the same valor amount doing NOTHING with those who did their best at the field.

The better variant would be 200 valor and 5 Commendations each medal. For 10 medals i'd get the same 2000k bonus valor but must work for this. The first 4 medals are too easy to get. The reward must be appropriate.

Don't feed the crying hamsters!

We need challenge!

We don't need easy Valor farm!

We don't need free BM and other titles!

"WE WANT TO WORK HARD TO BE UNIQUE!" - Think about the concept.

I agree that they should not make it POINTLESS to get medals after 4...

but their goal was obviously to stop the farming and encourage more team oriented play.

thus your premade can focus on winning instead of farming. (you dont accidentally get 11 medals just from playing the objectives)

I think about 8 are guaranteed every match. you really gotta try for those last few.

I think you also get valor in reward for winning a match, so there would always be that incentive.

But I think this is a better system, I'm not going to call you a bad player but on many classes consistently getting 11 medals is practically, if not entirely impossible, whether or not you really deserved all that extra valor & commendations simply for playing a dps class that can guard and taunt is debatable.

Edited by Aidank

So, we get 4 medals: guard, taunt, killing blow, 10 kills and later can afk till the end of the match because there's no reason to die somewhere else if we ALL get the same amount of valor.

Thats because your "bad" at pvp.

PvP for the sake of pvp, not because you have 10x better gear than the rest of the ppl you play against.

If you play well, and perform well ppl will recognize you as a good player and you will still grind scrubs into the dust.

But its typical a bad player to want to outgear ppl like mad, its like that in all mmo's. I know that mmo's are about charecter progression, but you still have that, same as the other ppl. And if think your good cause you get 8-11 medals, then just rofl.

"Medals are now worth 500 Valor and 10 Commendations. Players only earn Valor and Commendations for the first 4 medals earned each match."

Every match with my premade i do about 8-11 medals as vanguard assault. I don't want to get the same valor amount doing NOTHING with those who did their best at the field.

The better variant would be 200 valor and 5 Commendations each medal. For 10 medals i'd get the same 2000k bonus valor but must work for this. The first 4 medals are too easy to get. The reward must be appropriate.

We need challenge!

If you are implying 8 - 11 medals is hard for a vanguard you lost me bigtime. This is a great change - it gives everyone a minimum valor gain (thats in liner with illum time vs. reward) AND puts a greater incentive on team play to win games for the extra comms and valor.

There is a massive imbalance between valor and comms gains based on class alone at the moment - this change removes that.

Nothing to see here, just a vanguard thinking he is l33t for having the ability to faceroll medals.

We need challenge!

its to stop players medal farming also for example in things like huttball it will also stop players hitting 5 then farming the other team for medals as it wont effect them anymore and it would be pointless griefing the other team :)

maybe noobs will realise there is objectives in warzones now instead of concertrating on medal farming :p

another great fix by bioware i saw what they was trying to do as soon as i saw the patch notes :D

Hey, everybody! We already have a great discussion thread dedicated to talking about this patch note. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the discussion thread here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=333198

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the existing thread, so we can keep the conversation a little better consolidated. Thank you!