Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

1.1.5 Just got Updated.

OrionDammit

It doesn't make the game a success. For all you know, they don't want to play WoW and there's nothing else to do til other -NON WOW CLONE- MMOs come out this year. Just look at the track record of WoW clones. They fail, regardless of whether or not some people like them.

The Secret World.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what exactly is the point of going to Ilum now if we can just do the daily sitting around the fleet queuing up for WZs??

Who cares about illum I play on a not so populated server where illum dailys were pretty much only completeable thru the armaments which was so freaking tedious when theres like 10 imps fighting over em. Atleast now u can actually pvp to earn gear. As for the new medal system that's great news I think it will encourage team work.

For all you complainers about the 4 med cap, you can still earn more to flex ya e-peen :)

Why don't they just give us all equal set then remove valor and cammendations while your at it. That should make things fair an you better too.

I have no problem w/ this, but I doubt it would be fun for many thousands of players who enjoy the progression feel of obtaining the gear to compete w/ the highest tier of PvPers.

I personally enjoy knowing that there is a ceiling on the gear. When you feel like no matter how well you play, you are never going to be able to compete with other players simply because they started playing the game before you, it's discouraging.

When you know that if you play long enough and well enough, you will obtain the same gear as the best players and be able to fight them on equal ground, then grinding said gear is not so bad.

I said it before: when I lose, I like to know it was because I was outplayed and not outgeared.

I am one of those people who rarely post on the forums. As a republic player, these changes will finally even the playing field and encourage more and more people to play whatever class or faction they enjoy and be able to be competitive with a little skill and hard work.

Bravo Bioware!

I have no problem w/ this, but I doubt it would be fun for many thousands of players who enjoy the progression feel of obtaining the gear to compete w/ the highest tier of PvPers.

I personally enjoy knowing that there is a ceiling on the gear. When you feel like no matter how well you play, you are never going to be able to compete with other players simply because they started playing the game before you, it's discouraging.

When you know that if you play long enough and well enough, you will obtain the same gear as the best players and be able to fight them on equal ground, then grinding said gear is not so bad.

I said it before: when I lose, I like to know it was because I was outplayed and not outgeared.

Here is the problem. When 1.1.5. hits, you complete the warzone and double the valor we are getting now...

Just jump around on a node and get a 2.5k shot. pvp should mean more than this...

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but I'm going to be 100% honest

Everytime I look at a BM guy I think to myself did he earn that by first leveling up his character thru pve and taking many hours to learn his class, do the missions, build up his gear or did he simply fast level thru pvp. If the answer is you power leveled pvp, then I don't care a single bit about your bm title. If you power leveled and farmed kills and grinded up on weaker inexperienced players you didn't earn your title. You can scream and complain all you want, but you didn't put nearly as much time into your character as pve players did. You need to face players of equal skill for you to earn that gear, if you outclassed another player and you knew it you sure didn't earn your next level.

I'm sure there are those who deserve the gear and title, but I bet a big majority don't deserve it. Every single time I see a BM geared guy I wonder if he truly earned it or if he just leveled by killing weaker opponents when they came for their dailies or encountered them in warzones. The game is what two months old and I've seen alot of those bm guys. Its not only a select few. I even heard they had to change the bags, because people were getting gear too easily so what does that tell you.

I'm all for these changes, it will put players on an equal level.

Edited by RenegadePlayer

I am one of those people who rarely post on the forums. As a republic player, these changes will finally even the playing field and encourage more and more people to play whatever class or faction they enjoy and be able to be competitive with a little skill and hard work.

Bravo Bioware!

LOL you couldnt be more wrong.

Making it faster/easier to get gear is going to encourage FOTM spikes every time they rebalance.

Why stop at DoTs? Lets just make it so AoE abilities dont knock people off turrets and doors. You guys cool with that? We can make it a race to see which team has the fastest clickers and most aoe stuns. These changes are garbage.

Everytime I look at a BM guy I think to myself did he earn that by first leveling up his character thru pve and taking many hours to learn his class, do the missions, build up his gear or did he simply fast level thru pvp. If the answer is you power leveled pvp, then I don't care a single bit about your bm title. If you power leveled and farmed kills and grinded up on weaker inexperienced players you didn't earn your title. You can scream and complain all you want, but you didn't put nearly as much time into your character as pve players did. You need to face players of equal skill for you to earn that gear, if you outclassed another player and you knew it you sure didn't earn your next level.

I'm sure there are those who deserve the gear and title, but I bet a big majority don't deserve it. Every single time I see a BM geared guy I wonder if he truly earned it or if he just leveled by killing weaker opponents when they came for their dailies or encountered them in warzones. The game is what two months old and I've seen alot of those bm guys. Its not only a select few. I even heard they had to change the bags, because people were getting gear too easily so what does that tell you.

Um, what? PvP leveling takes MUCH longer than PvE leveling. I think the carebear/misinformation section of the forums is that way ---------------------------->

Rage.

:mad:

What? standing around waiting for a dot to drop while the other team respawns??

Finally....got you killed. Lets plant the bomb....."dot"....damb try this again......"dot".....grrrr.......again.............."dot"..............WTH?.....plant bomb......./saber to the face cause your back with 2 of ya friends.

this is great stuff, i think the 500 valor per medal system is going to cause problems and it seems highly impractical, maybe just incease the current amount of valor so people dont want to just trade kill on illum, also im personally upset with the stopping dots, but it doesnt matter either way really

personally i can just see tons of people getting their 4 medals and going afk, i think WZ valor needs to be buffed to comete with illum but this is a really bad idea

Edited by Cuddlezz

Good decisions and you can see ideas behind every decision, which is great. I am sure in a year this game will be much better polished, and will have much more end game content than now.

Problem I see with those decisions is that now when people will get their BM and BM gear faster, they will face question "what to do in SWTOR" much earlier. I was part of two 100 strong PVP and PVE quilds lately, and see 6-10 people online normally in the evenings, sometimes even less. Just 2 months after release. Main problem is that people are bored as hell with a lack of end game content.

We can only hope 1.2 will change it, but I would not hold breath for it. When next hyped games are out SWTOR will lose big chunk of its population. I really hope it will survive it, I really do. I love SWTOR and see potential in this game.

Edited by FarizAA

In Ilum's current state it is very 'bad' the performance issues most see make it tedious to do the dailies, and whilst i dont see this on my server, others have issues on imbalanced factions.

Ilum in its current state does not work quite right.

The changes on Warzones imo are a quick fix until they make Ilum what it should be.

What? standing around waiting for a dot to drop while the other team respawns??

Finally....got you killed. Lets plant the bomb....."dot"....damb try this again......"dot".....grrrr.......again.............."dot"..............WTH?.....plant bomb......./saber to the face cause your back with 2 of ya friends.

yeah, this is why it needed changing...had this happen to me today when I went to cap a turret in alderan and I 1v1 the guy defending it then after I killed him I went to capture it and I kept on getting a tick of damage every few seconds interrupting me untill their reinforcements were arriving.

what? Standing around waiting for a dot to drop while the other team respawns??

Finally....got you killed. Lets plant the bomb....."dot"....damb try this again......"dot".....grrrr.......again.............."dot"..............wth?.....plant bomb......./saber to the face cause your back with 2 of ya friends.

l2dispell.

L2cc.

L2p.

Guess they're making it much easier to rank up Valor wise. At least I can say I did it the hard way.

A guaranteed 2000+ valor per WZ... insane in mah membrane!

Catch up all you silly Repubs - The nasty Sith need a beating. :)

I'm actually getting 200 valor per Rep kill in Ilum right now (base camping) so it's already to grind valor on my server, seems like everyone is a Battlemaster.

I'm all for these changes, it will put players on an equal level.

This applies especially to those imps on Ilum who basically had ilum all to themselves, and even exploited it to a point where it gave them this huge imbalance in gear in the first place. Not to mention the fact that the Imperial faction had unbalanced conditions in their favor when it comes to pvp mechanics in game. Who earned their BM titles? The Imps who had it easy peasy, or the Republics who had to claw their way up?

This applies especially to those imps on Ilum who basically had ilum all to themselves, and even exploited it to a point where it gave them this huge imbalance in gear in the first place. Not to mention the fact that the Imperial faction had unbalanced conditions in their favor when it comes to pvp mechanics in game. Who earned their BM titles? The Imps who had it easy peasy, or the Republics who had to claw their way up?

silly noob i love people who talk crap about merc's when troopers are just as easy and mindless to play, have you ever heard of grav rounds? guess you dont know **** about the game, yet you all cry about sorc's... so pathetic

this game needs arena so all these entitled pubs have to take a look an actual look at how they play

Edited by Cuddlezz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.