Asia Pacific Server Names and Launch Timing

StephenReid

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Asian Player, it is good to have servers with ppl playing at same time line. However, i am not sure about reducing latency, since most internet sea FO cables are connected to Japan directly to US with few go toward AUS via Indonesia. It is possible that the IP will loop further to US then go to AUS or bottleneck on INA.

I guess we will find out tonight.

Edited by Bambang

They really should have sorted out character transfers before hand to be honest, so people could flag the ones they wanted. I'm sure people would have rather that and maybe spent 1 day not playing than go through this mess which is what i'm sure it will be :(

They really should have called this an oceanic update too not an Asia Pacific one :S

I plan on reserving my character names just to be safe. Only thing I'm worried about is Legacy names and Guild names. Legacy xp doesn't really concern me too much since i can always get more of that.

how about Philippines? im European but i live in Philippines since 2006. How about the players from Philippines, are we gonna get invitations to the new servers as well?

Please let us know, i know there are alot of players from Philippines playing on Swiftsure

waiting an answer on this.

They really should have sorted out character transfers before hand to be honest, so people could flag the ones they wanted. I'm sure people would have rather that and maybe spent 1 day not playing than go through this mess which is what i'm sure it will be :(

They really should have called this an oceanic update too not an Asia Pacific one :S

I plan on reserving my character names just to be safe. Only thing I'm worried about is Legacy names and Guild names. Legacy xp doesn't really concern me too much since i can always get more of that.

Reserving your name via a placeholder toon would seem to be the only viable way of guaranteeing you'll have it when its namesake is eventually transferred over.

Even if they had allowed the transfers to happen beforehand, so they would be there when the servers go live, there'd still be cases where there were name clashes. If two players have toons on different servers with the same name, only one of them is going to get to keep it!

As far as guilds go, given they're not being transferred, if you want to hang onto your name you'd better log in tonight along with three friends and grind up the credits needed to register your guild ASAP.

Great, so only 1 hour away i think, if im not mistaken.

I guess i'd be the first to say.

HOW many people have organised guilds already. or guild move to pacific servers?

Im thinking about starting fresh

SITH.

any guilds recruiting onto the PVP server "Master Dar'Nala"

theres no forum subgroup.

there is no "chit chat" about LFG or GUILD MOVE.

is there going to epic queues in 1 hour?

surely lots of guild organising?

BTW there seems be only 3 servers in pacific tab.

1 is RP>

is it RP-PVP or RP-PVE would be good to know..

thanks

Edited by RobertFisher

Great, so only 1 hour away i think, if im not mistaken.

I guess i'd be the first to say.

HOW many people have organised guilds already. or guild move to pacific servers?

Im thinking about starting fresh

SITH.

any guilds recruiting onto the PVP server "Master Dar'Nala"

theres no forum subgroup.

there is no "chit chat" about LFG or GUILD MOVE.

is there going to epic queues in 1 hour?

surely lots of guild organising?

BTW there seems be only 3 servers in pacific tab.

1 is RP>

is it RP-PVP or RP-PVE would be good to know..

thanks

It's RP-PVE

ouch, just got told in game from a GM that since I just realised (i. e read) today that we needed an active subscription with our Australian account yesterday to qualify for the transfer. Being that I reactivated it today I miss out on the transfer and nothing they can do.

At least I know to re-cancel the subscription as I can't get my old characters to move to the Australian servers. My family and bank account will thank me in time I guess lol

Looks like I won't see what the game is like with ping of less than 300 (typically) . Hope everyone moving to local servers have fun! I won't be :p

As Asian Player, it is good to have servers with ppl playing at same time line. However, i am not sure about reducing latency, since most internet sea FO cables are connected to Japan directly to US with few go toward AUS via Indonesia. It is possible that the IP will loop further to US then go to AUS or bottleneck on INA.

I guess we will find out tonight.

You were right - at least it applied to my location.

Being in the PH, my latency went up to 372-400ms (up from the 200 range). I'll probably try it again tomorrow but looks like I'll be back on the US servers.

Asia Pacific my ***, *********** 400ms. 200 worse than US West Servers.

Same situation here.

Edited by cinder-x
grammar