Forums...

FragarachSWTOR

Noone seems willing to answer...

1: Who designed these forums ?

2: Do they still work for BW ?

3: Are there any actual "web developers" working for bw ?

4: When will the forums be fixed?

try answering a question of your own..

whats wrong with the forums... they work pretty much like any other...

Whats wrong with the forums...

-Realm forums.. Have you even looked ? *shudders*

-Class forums.. why on earth are they "basic class" not "advanced class" ... Oh lets put a tanking advanced class with a healer advanced class and make it the one subforum.. yeah real great idea that..

-Stickies.. stickies stick to the FIRST bloody page of a sub forum.. not EVERY page.

-Polls ?

-Utube imbedding ?

-Search function ?

-Star wars discussion, story and lore, community, general discussion.. yes just split the topics up more.

Whats wrong with General chat, pve, pvp, realm (each server with its OWN forum), class (advanced/mirror) Guides (craft/newplayer), Bugs (Dev tracker/customer service), PTR, Spam... Wouldnt that be so much easier ??

vBulletin ? Thanks dayfax :)

So about question 3 ... Answer is aparently NO... so new question .....

Are BW ever going to hire an actual web developer ?

-Class forums.. why on earth are they "basic class" not "advanced class" ... Oh lets put a tanking advanced class with a healer advanced class and make it the one subforum.. yeah real great idea that..

-Stickies.. stickies stick to the FIRST bloody page of a sub forum.. not EVERY page.

-Polls ?

-Utube imbedding ?

-Search function ?

-Star wars discussion, story and lore, community, general discussion.. yes just split the topics up more.

Whats wrong with General chat, pve, pvp, realm (each server with its OWN forum), class (advanced/mirror) Guides (craft/newplayer), Bugs (Dev tracker/customer service), PTR, Spam... Wouldnt that be so much easier ??

- Realm Forums - See Signature.

- Class Forums - There are sub sections for advanced classes within their main class section.

- Stickies - Welcome to how most every forum system works.

- Polls - These are put up by Bioware only when they are wanting feedback about something.

- YouTube Embedding - There is no need for that on these forums and it would be abused more than it would be helpful.

- Search Function - See the top bar where the box is, right next to the "Search" and "Advanced Search" buttons.

- Star Wars discussion is ok. Community section is heavily moderated, I see a lot of threads moved in that section. The general section is where most threads go and probably should be split a bit more.

You appear to be implying this is not how the forums are setup. Did you see the main forum page?

You appear to be implying this is not how the forums are setup. Did you see the main forum page?

Im implying that this forum setup is from the 90's and looks like it was setup by a 12yr old on lsd. Its not well organised, thoughtout or designed.

Lets say for example your on a low-pop server (somewhere arround 90% of players) and you have got in into your head to kill the world boss on belsavis.. Where would _you_ post the thread saying hes getting killed 6pm next saturday so log on early ?.. In realm forums ? In general ? .. how about community ?.... lets face it.. if you want to get enough people from your realm to read it your probably best off posting it in customer service :p

Im implying that this forum setup is from the 90's and looks like it was setup by a 12yr old on lsd. Its not well organised, thoughtout or designed.

Lets say for example your on a low-pop server (somewhere arround 90% of players) and you have got in into your head to kill the world boss on belsavis.. Where would _you_ post the thread saying hes getting killed 6pm next saturday so log on early ?.. In realm forums ? In general ? .. how about community ?.... lets face it.. if you want to get enough people from your realm to read it your probably best off posting it in customer service :p

I start posting in the Fleet General at 5:30 and make my way there. Then I post in general when I get to Belsavis. I estimate the World Boss would be dead by about 6:07:42.784521754 PM

EDIT: Or I go to the Server Group Forums and start a thread [sERVER NAME] Belsavis World Boss scheduled to die Saturday 6:00 PM {Insert Date/ Time Zone}

Edited by sikandar

EDIT: Or I go to the Server Group Forums and start a thread [sERVER NAME] Belsavis World Boss scheduled to die Saturday 6:00 PM {Insert Date/ Time Zone}

Based on your scenario, this is what you would do.

However, I do find it funny that you originally posted in the Custom Service section, which then this thread got moved to General, which has now gotten moved to Community.

Noone seems willing to answer...

1: Who designed these forums ?

2: Do they still work for BW ?

3: Are there any actual "web developers" working for bw ?

4: When will the forums be fixed?

1. Vbulletin.

2. ............

3. Of course.

4. Never.

-Polls ?

-Utube imbedding ?

-Search function ?

vBulletin ? Thanks dayfax :)

So about question 3 ... Answer is aparently NO... so new question .....

Are BW ever going to hire an actual web developer ?

Worth a repost. The structure of these forums look like something a kid could put up for free. Oh its vBullitin? - They can. Its called a webmaster. Hire one.

The game badly needs individual server forums imo.

Its hard enough to create that community feeling as it is without the lack of proper server forums.

Indeed.... I wonder if there is a community site out there that has provided these to the community. :p