Same Gender Romance- Facebook Page

mrfuzbear

It has come to my attention that the developers of this game aren't taking our questions about same gender romances in SWTOR too seriously. We were promised post launch, and now it looks like it may never happen, because it is SO hush hush, due to the "negativity" other players bring into the conversation.

My thoughts are simple, hit the like button on this Facebook page, and lets show them how many of us DEMAND that we get some information regarding what TRULY amazing Bioware games brought us to Star Wars: The Old Republic.

As quoted by Stephenreid:

“Due to the design constraints of a fully voiced MMO of this scale and size, many choices had to be made as to the launch and post-launch feature set. Same gender romances with companion characters in Star Wars: The Old Republic will be a post-launch feature. Because The Old Republic is an MMO, the game will live on through content expansions which allow us to include content and features that could not be included at launch, including the addition of more companion characters who will have additional romance options.”

Lets get us some answers:

http://www.facebook.com/SameGenderSWTOR

Edited by mrfuzbear

Why not have it in my MMORPG with a RP server? I am just saying, why does Bioware have to cave in to those who have views different to the rest of us, when they had no problem implementing it in previous games.

And due to those games and their EXTREME popularity in part to same gender romances, I fail to see how this MMORPG which is a BIG leap for Bioware, has not had the same implemented.

I am not the only one looking for a response, hence why the page was created

I don't know man, but gay community seems to be "DEMANDING" same sex romances in every game Bioware makes and it's kinda making me tired. I don't want to suddenly see a romance option with Aric Jordan on my trooper. I'd probably never talk to him ever again, like it happened with a certain character in Dragon Age 2.

Call me a homophobe, but it changes the way you look at your character, like it or not.

Unless you also demand that we get to state your sexuality during character creation so there are no accidental romances. That would be fine for me. Otherwise... I am very much against it.

Bioware, if you are listening - please make it an option during character creation if you ever choose to implement same sex romances.

Edited by Yakito

Stranger things have happened. I mean look at what happened with Taylor swift and the cancer kid. It isn't impossible, I am asking for people who support it, to hit the like button. If you think it is a dumb idea, then don't do it. Shooting it down just because it was an idea doesn't make it pathetic though.

Also, this page has some sort of meaning, have you noticed there are some pages of Facebook dedicated to Toe Fungus?

I personally deem this more important. Just sayin.

I don't know man, but gay community seems to be "DEMANDING" same sex romances in every game Bioware makes and it's kinda making me tired. I don't want to suddenly see a romance option with Aric Jordan on my trooper. I'd probably never talk to him ever again, like it happened with a certain character in Dragon Age 2.

Call me a homophobe, but it changes the way you look at your character, like it or not.

Unless you also demand that we get to state your sexuality during character creation so there are no accidental romances. That would be fine for me. Otherwise... I am very much against it.

Bioware, if you are listening - please make it an option during character creation if you ever choose to implement same sex romances.

We demanded nothing but asked for answers every single time, we have not once demanded it has to be content that is put in.

You see, all previous bioware games, already had SGRAs in them, no one needed to ask because bioware already decided they should be included, this is the first time.

Also, there is already a thread on some sort of toggle on Same Gender content, it is in the suggestion box, post there if you want to ask for one.

“Due to the design constraints of a fully voiced MMO of this scale and size, many choices had to be made as to the launch and post-launch feature set. Same gender romances with companion characters in Star Wars: The Old Republic will be a post-launch feature. Because The Old Republic is an MMO, the game will live on through content expansions which allow us to include content and features that could not be included at launch, including the addition of more companion characters who will have additional romance options.”

as a quote. The website is the first that popped up, i can go back into the forums and find it given time.

http://www.forcejunkies.com/2012/02/14/patiently-waiting-for-same-gender-content/

as a quote. The website is the first that popped up, i can go back into the forums and find it given time.

http://www.forcejunkies.com/2012/02/14/patiently-waiting-for-same-gender-content/

I'd suggest editing that into the OP, with 'Quoted by StephenReid' as to show the exact post.

I would have but whats wrong with an additional post referencing the same topic, hence this includes facebook it seems to be slightly different. It may be due to the fact that I am bored at the moment, but I certainly support getting answers for my friends who are homosexual and play this game. Just feels like they are being ignored.

ya give the gay community and inch...and they take a mile. That's the truth. I always wonder why they "demand" to the core such romances in every bioware game. I'm still wondering...

Edited it into the original post btw.

Its not so much as we dislike the fact its not implemented. We dislike the fact that Bioware hasn't worried about Homophobia and how it was going to affect them before. Seems like they took a back seat to letting "those kind" of people win when they were a pillar of strength in RPG's for a lot of people. Myself included. I just don't appreciate how they haven't given answers out, regarding yes or no, when so many loyal people ask this question weekly.

Personally, I have a great relationship, and am currently engaged. This has nothing to do with the thought of currently being single or taken. It has to do with the fact that we were promised content into a game we paid for, subscribe to, love and cherish, yet-ignored and given a post launch. Any information will do. It is content nonetheless. -Although not important to you specifically, I can say PvP generally doesn't concern me, but I will not say it isn't soemthing that needs tweaking or fixing in the game. Edited by mrfuzbear

We had gay relationships in Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Jade Empire, and KOTOR (the juhani female/female relationship on the PC). Obviously we're getting it in this game, they've already stated we ARE getting it in this game.

Though I'm starting to wish they had them already to make the all the homophobes get out.

Edited by PinkiePiePower

We had gay relationships in Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Jade Empire, and KOTOR (the juhani female/female relationship on the PC). Obviously we're getting it in this game, they've already stated we ARE getting it in this game.

Though I'm starting to wish they had them already to make the all the homophobes get out.

That's the thing though, we were told it was going to be implemented "Post -Launch" at least things like space warzones, pvp, new content- all get addressed. This one gets brought up weekly in the Q&A's but ignored every week with no information what so ever. The slightest detail would derail this whole thing.

Hi there.

As this thread has immediately become a discussion about the merits of implementing Same Gender Romance Arcs, and we currently have a number of major discussion threads on this topic, this thread is now closed.

Those wishing to continue discussing this topic are certainly welcome to in the appropriate threads. You can find those threads here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=320678

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=294041

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.