I want an alt, but I can't go through the same planets again

Yakito

I managed to level up two characters to 50.

Second time, I was mildly bored of the side quests, Corellia was my breaking point, because the planet is just so horrible that it makes me want to slash my wrists.

Anyway, I remember devs hinting us that this MMO is supposed to the kind of MMO where you level multiple alts, because there are many stories. I understand that, I like the idea, but unfortunately the only story that we want to go through on our second, third and fourth playthrough is our Class story, not the side quests that we've done multiple times already.

I am a bit sad that there's only one path we can follow, we cannot choose a different planet to level up on. It's always going to be:

Starting planet - Coruscant - Taris - Nar Shadaa and so on. There is no alternative. Well, pvp is, but how about people that do not want to level up this way? I like the voice overs, I don't like grinding Warzones to reach 50.

Even with the Legacy in place I fear we'll still have to go through the same planets over and over again and it saddens me. So my poor Smuggler is waiting, I log onto it and log off straight away, because I just realise that I simply can not force myself to get even one level in the zones I've seen already.

You know, normally I'd go Westfall instead of Darkshore if I wanted a change and it worked perfectly. There was this feeling of freedom, and I could choose my "epic story".

I do not think Bioware's idea is bad, I just think that it's extremely bad that we cannot choose where we want to go to level up.

It's the first MMO I tried to have this kind of restriction. More experienced MMO players will tell me that there are worse MMOs leveling wise, but to me, this one is the worst when it comes to picking your zones, because you simply can not.

Did you switch factions? There is a good change of scenery between the two (different planets at times, and most of the times different areas of the same planet).

I levelled two characters Empire-side (one light, one dark) and now levelling a Republican (dark side), and so far the scenery is quite different.

Did you switch factions? There is a good change of scenery between the two (different planets at times, and most of the times different areas of the same planet).

I levelled two characters Empire-side (one light, one dark) and now levelling a Republican (dark side), and so far the scenery is quite different.

That is an answer, but I really hoped to keep all my alts on the Republic side, so I can still talk to my friends and listen to the chat, and so I can also help the guild out on my alt if it's required.

solution :

dont do the side quests...

i kid you not, i am downright trying to not level and actually spend all my rested xp, and i have spent eh last 15 levels (42 atm) trying to do so, purposedly loggin out in the middle of nowhere because i oultlevel the content and then it becomes so easy its boring

and i literaly CANNOT finish my rest xp up, no matter how hard i try not to level , there is so much xp being thrown around everywhere that you can just do class quests/pvp matches and pretty much level all the way to 50 on rested xp

you honestly dont have to repeat all the little side quests, jsut get more cash/gear elswhere , or get/craft boe gear with your main to that alt..

avoid the actual repetitive part of leveling wich are the side quests , you honestly dont need them

PS: bah , i reread the op again, im sorry i misunderstood , and yes i can see what you mean, that its sort of " on rails" so to speak... its been like these in most games i guess, but at least you can pick between 2 zones for the same level range in wich to level in....wow did it but only with its third expansion actually.....i suppose they could add alternate leveling planets later on along with a new race or two

Edited by LaVolpex

That is an answer, but I really hoped to keep all my alts on the Republic side, so I can still talk to my friends and listen to the chat, and so I can also help the guild out on my alt if it's required.

It's not much of a solution. After the first two worlds you will be going through the same worlds. Again. Even the areas on the worlds are very similar. Some of the Imp bases are literally the same Republic ones expect the npcs/vendors are different faction.

Corellia is the epitome of empty unused zones.

Once the lfg tool is out, you can also just level to cap on repeatable flashpoints and heroics. If PuG'ing, no two groups are exactly the same and you'll meet new ppl. Especially when you make use of the incoming dual spec and play different group roles.

But when will BW deliver these..?

Edited by aivedoir

I tried this and it worked for me the first time, but where it falls short is being unable to trade between your Republic & Imperial characters even though they are on the same account.