Huttball is going to make me quit this game if something doesn't change

Cataphractone

huttball is fine. As long as they never allow 8 man premades it should be fine in the future. I agree if you are unfortunate and get into a game with a major imbalance of sages/sorcs on one team then it can suck, but that doesnt happen to me often.

by imbalance i mean that one team has significantly more sage/sorc players than the other. Ive played games where we had no consulars, and the opposite team had 4 sorcs... that game ended quick...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can, but they aren't completely class crippling like they are in huttball.

I don't get why you are completely discounting mid-control in Huttball. In a decent match, mid-control is crucial. With Ops being stealth and a quality 1v1 burn class you can help your team with mid control.

Also, you should work on your positioning because you shouldn't be knocked off the ledge from every single knockback, utilize the poles that are on the grates as well as positioning yourself to be knocked in a direction that won't put you in the pit. Sorc's and assasin's knockbacks don't knock you very far, and only tracer spamming Mercs have a really far knockback that is difficult to position yourself to avoid being knocked off. Most players are fairly obvious with their knockbacks, is a Sorc running towards you, then you are going to be knocked-back, position yourself properly and also utilize the root on your snare to ruin their position.

I don't like huttball either but more about I am tired playing it. It would be fine if I did not get it 80% of the time. Also it would be nice if they added maps for it. Yes there better classes at running the ball and better classes at defending the score. Though to me that the point having different skills in the game. I see some balance issue in the classes, but over all it not to bad of start.

A sorcerer can do everything I can do better, except stealth. And if your idea of a good healer is sitting in stealth in their endzone waiting for a pass, you are weird.

Then re-roll sorc and quit b!$ching.

I was not implying that one would wait in their endzone and try to heal at the same time, but one could have the ability to wait in their endzone, and also have other benefits to the game if not doing that, which you seem to think operatives do not have.

I have been a benefit to my team in Huttball more times than I can count and I have seen other operatives benefit my team or the other team way more times than that. I'm sorry if the same can not be said for you. I don't know what else to say. Personally, I think it is fine.

A sorcerer can do everything I can do better, except stealth. And if your idea of a good healer is sitting in stealth in their endzone waiting for a pass, you are weird.

A sorc does not survive as well under focus fire (obviously Merc/Commando survive even better under focus fire than operatives, but they have the worst mobility), nor can they heal as well on the move. Further, Sorcs diminish in power with more Sorcs around because of the debuff from bubble.

Uh first of all they can guard, taunt, AoE taunt, force pull, have a 5 second stun and 2 second knockdown, sprint, and they can stealth on the goal line.

So what can scoundrels do? Mediocre heals that are in no way comparable to guard, stun people, stealth on the goal line. Why are you playing a scoundrel again?

Edit: Oh yeah assassins/shadows also have a knockback lawl.

I have a battlemaster assassin as well, I'm aware of what they can do. If they're force pulling people they're going the tanking line and trading off burst damage to do it; the knockdown is also in the tanking line out of stealth and requires stealth otherwise. Both classes are very effective in different ways. I play a scoundrel because despite the opinions of poor players, they are fantastic healers and offer a great deal of flexibility in the hands of someone who plays intelligently. The people I see crying the loudest are often the ones who put themselves in bad situations and can't seem to identify the problem staring back in the reflection of their computer monitor.

I don't get why you are completely discounting mid-control in Huttball. In a decent match, mid-control is crucial. With Ops being stealth and a quality 1v1 burn class you can help your team with mid control.

Also, you should work on your positioning because you shouldn't be knocked off the ledge from every single knockback, utilize the poles that are on the grates as well as positioning yourself to be knocked in a direction that won't put you in the pit. Sorc's and assasin's knockbacks don't knock you very far, and only tracer spamming Mercs have a really far knockback that is difficult to position yourself to avoid being knocked off. Most players are fairly obvious with their knockbacks, is a Sorc running towards you, then you are going to be knocked-back, position yourself properly and also utilize the root on your snare to ruin their position.

I can avoid a knockback in a 1v1, but when you get hit with one you can still get hit with 3 more before you are immune. One roots you, you can't move to get in a better position.

People seem to think me having to sit in mid killing other people that have no mobility or ones that don't get pulled by a sorcerer is beneficial.

Or I am just suppose to sit in the endzone stealthed waiting for a pass.

I do PvP so that I am not forced to do one thing. In Civil War and Voidstar I can do anything just as well as everyone else if I want. In Huttball I am forced into being something that doesn't really help anything because of no mobility.

But whatever, I'm done posting here.

I'll just keep leveling my powertech.

I can avoid a knockback in a 1v1, but when you get hit with one you can still get hit with 3 more before you are immune. One roots you, you can't move to get in a better position.

People seem to think me having to sit in mid killing other people that have no mobility or ones that don't get pulled by a sorcerer is beneficial.

Or I am just suppose to sit in the endzone stealthed waiting for a pass.

I do PvP so that I am not forced to do one thing. In Civil War and Voidstar I can do anything just as well as everyone else if I want. In Huttball I am forced into being something that doesn't really help anything because of no mobility.

But whatever, I'm done posting here.

I'll just keep leveling my powertech.

Nobody is saying camp in the endzone, nor are we saying you just camp in the middle. But you have those options available.

Mid-control isn't just about sitting right next to the ball (you could do that though and pass quickly to a more durable and better positioned teammate) but you also want to attack that sorc who is in an obvious pull position on the grating by the first fire. There you can easily avoid knockbacks because of the huge boxes, and if they have positioned themselves poorly be being too close to the edge your knockdown from Jarring Strike will knock them off the ledge.

I know you just want to be able to run in that blob right next to the ball carrier with all of the charging classes, but you just can't unfortunately. But those healer that have to stop and heal start trailing behind that blob, you pick them off and your team will burn down the ball carrier.

I don't know why you were expecting everyone to agree with you in unison. But you should probably level your PT because you can be in the thick of the battle in Huttball with pulls and charges.

Edited by Bnol

All I know, is that the more IA's I have on my team, the less chance I have of winning at huttball. Also, when the opposing team has more IA's, my team usually wins. This is a fact I have observed.

What's worse, is I consistently top the DPS charts and rarely die more than twice in a game, and only pull this off by constantly trying to damage the main enemy group (not just picking off people on the fringe), yet I typically lose huttball matches. Why? Because I'm constantly sending enemies closer to their goal line to defend against my team scoring, with each kill I get.

But whatever, I don't play WZ's to win the match. I play them to have fun. And trying to actually win at huttball as an Operative is boring, and I'd be better off doing it as any other class. IMO, scoring in huttball /= skill, and I play to get better at fighting, not running some silly ball to a line. K/D ratio and DPS/Healing is the only accurate measure of skill in this game.

Huttball is more about what classes you have on your team, not how skilled your team is at PvP (In a PuG).

I love Voidstar and Civil War.

I like small battles where it is just about PvP and CC. Mobility doesn't mean you are a god in these two Warzones.

And then there is huttball. Damage and CC mean nearly nothing in Huttball. It is all about mobility, and certain classes have none.

Something needs to happen to the Warzone, or give the classes some mobility.

And like I said, I love the other two.

so you want warzones that are tailor made to YOUR advantage and not other classes.....

jebus, suck it up

All I know, is that the more IA's I have on my team, the less chance I have of winning at huttball. Also, when the opposing team has more IA's, my team usually wins. This is a fact I have observed.

What's worse, is I consistently top the DPS charts and rarely die more than twice in a game, and only pull this off by constantly trying to damage the main enemy group (not just picking off people on the fringe), yet I typically lose huttball matches. Why? Because I'm constantly sending enemies closer to their goal line to defend against my team scoring, with each kill I get.

But whatever, I don't play WZ's to win the match. I play them to have fun. And trying to actually win at huttball as an Operative is boring, and I'd be better off doing it as any other class. IMO, scoring in huttball /= skill, and I play to get better at fighting, not running some silly ball to a line. K/D ratio and DPS/Healing is the only accurate measure of skill in this game.

Huttball is more about what classes you have on your team, not how skilled your team is at PvP (In a PuG).

Winning is the only thing that matters.

It's funny, I'm in the same boat as you. I started out with an Operative mostly because I had heard the IA storyline was great, played him up to 50, and pretty much feel worthless most of the time in Huttball if the other team has half a brain and any coordination. I'm now leveling up a PT and find the utility I can bring to a Huttball match makes my OP feel like a sad joke.

That said, I've respec'd Med/Lethality and have had some success running around Mid and being a general nuisance. I'm definitely not swinging the outcome of the matches though - I can kill stuff but most of the important action is occurring on platforms that I'm remarkably useless on. Generally this is as simple as someone grabbing the ball and either jumping or getting pulled out of my range.

However, I can have the same impact on Mid when playing my PT and can additionally Guard the ball carrier or be the ball carrier and can jump and pull to score, keep people from scoring, and abuse the traps to rack up easy kills.

One thing that would make Stealth more useful in Huttball would be if you could actually catch the ball while stealthed (it would, of course, break stealth when you caught it). I can usually unstealth as soon as I see the pass circle appear, but I've not always had the game register it properly and have had it not let me catch the ball more than once even though from my PoV I was out of stealth before the ball reached me. If you are out of stealth too soon you can get stunned/rooted/pulled away from being able to make a score and you have no jump/charge/free movement to pull it off after you get stopped.

Winning is the only thing that matters.

If you are a valor/gear farmer, sure.

I play to have fun, and get better at the game. Thus why 100% of my XP post level 10 is from PvP.

Still, it's frustrating to have such little use in Huttball. Most of the time I get the ball, I will instantly throw it away. If no teammate is in site....I throw it on the GROUND!! (I aint gonna be part of your system! :p) except the rare cases I am in a good position.

EDIT: LOL, my new Huttball theme song:

Edited by MobiusZero

Nobody is saying camp in the endzone, nor are we saying you just camp in the middle. But you have those options available.

Mid-control isn't just about sitting right next to the ball (you could do that though and pass quickly to a more durable and better positioned teammate) but you also want to attack that sorc who is in an obvious pull position on the grating by the first fire. There you can easily avoid knockbacks because of the huge boxes, and if they have positioned themselves poorly be being too close to the edge your knockdown from Jarring Strike will knock them off the ledge.

So if you were running a Rated Warzone team, you would take an Operative over and equally geared and skilled Assaassin because they may be able to stop a sorcerer with jarring strike knockdown. While an assassin can knock that sorcerer off 100% of the time with his knockback on a 20 second cooldown while being able to spec into tanking for a pull, and gets 100% immunity for 3 seconds to force and tech attacks.

You would bring an operative over that.

so you want warzones that are tailor made to YOUR advantage and not other classes.....

jebus, suck it up

Civil War and Voidstar don't cater to my class. They cater to all classes equally.

Edited by Cataphractone

Pretty much, the more force users you have, the chance you have at winning Huttball, it's BS but force users just have to have easy mode, otherwise it would just be so difficult to learn to pass the ball.

So if you were running a Rated Warzone team, you would take an Operative over and equally geared and skilled Assaassin because they may be able to stop a sorcerer with jarring strike knockdown. While an assassin can knock that sorcerer off 100% of the time with his knockback on a 20 second cooldown while being able to spec into tanking for a pull, and gets 100% immunity for 3 seconds to force and tech attacks.

Civil War and Voidstar don't cater to my class. They cater to all classes equally.

No he wouldn't, and this is why when they add rated warzones, all you're going to see is Force Teams.

I asked one tard muffin like 10x in a thread which healer he would take, and each time he kept trying to avoid the question cause he knew it would show how oped it is in huttball.

For just huttball, no I wouldn't want a concealment operative, but for the other WZs I would want a stealth burst class. I highly doubt you will be able to queue for just a specific WZ for the rated BGs, or the queue times would be horrid and you would have these balance issues.

An assasin with pull is going to do a lot less burst damage than a concealment operative. Concealment Ops still do the most unpredictable burst damage without needing any set-up time, which is the quickest and easiest way to kill a healer.

My ideal warzone full premade would be quite balanced as the classes are quite balanced in group combat and all bring something to the table. Certainly, a concealment operative brings less to the table in Huttball, but that is balanced by what they bring in the other WZs as pulls and knockbacks do not compare to the burst damage.

Is the OP serious? We have a small but great PVP guild and one of my main premades has an scoundrel.

This guy literally owns the middle. You know, the most important part of the battlefield? The ball always ends up in the middle. He is their stealthed to absolutely DESTROY anyone that touches it or to pick it up himself and toss it up.

He is a battlemaster, but I'd like to think less geared ops can do the same damage...between my freezing force and aoe damage and his burst damage their ball carriers rarely make it past our ACID PIT, force sprint or not.

Not to mention ball carriers focus on one thing normally, going forward, leaving them incredibly vulnerable to ops/scoundrels.

EDIT: Also if scoundrels/ops got a gap closer....I mean lol. Game breaking right there.

Edited by Invictusthetaru