Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Jedi Knight: I run from Operatives

Dawginole

I run from Operatives. I'm Easy Prey for them. And it is extremely frustrating to be caught by one. I don't understand why a Sentinel Combat class has to press about 10-15 buttons to build up 30 Centering just to get to the point where I can then start seeing good burst dmg with Zen/Blade Rush and my opponent Operative goes: Invis > stun > "back stab" equivalent > "back stab" for 6k dmg and at this point has a CD'd stun and repeats stun > "back stab" > "back stab" > I'm dead.

Never happened.

Lots of fail in these threads on both sides. I play a BM operative in Best In Slot gear, and participate in a dueling tournament every week. I've fought against Best in Slot geared players of all classes in 1v1 full CD duels and I can tell you this:

Skill being equal, gear being Best in Slot, Marauder VS Operative, is a pretty close fight. RNG will decide a lot of it.

You realize that using your lowest numbers you just described 6k dmg to me. Strangely enough I stated they were doing roughly 6k dmg to me in about 3 seconds.

You use your final paragraph to bust my balls and you said the exact same thing I did. lol

You said 6k with a single hit, as quoted by another poster.

Wich is total and complete bs.

If you really are complaining about 6k from the opening rotation of 3-4 attack, I don't really know what to say.

Single target burst is the whole purpose of scrapper scoundrels (and the operative's mirror tree) and we aren't even the best at it.

Problem is, it seems more "unfair" because you get the scoundrel popping on your *** from stealth.

Same or higher damage from a guardian's AoE? Fine.

Same or higher damage from a sentinel? Cool.

Same or higher damage from something I don't even see because he's 30m behind me? Balanced.

But god forbid if a scoundrel does the same.

You said 6k with a single hit, as quoted by another poster.

Wich is total and complete bs.

Uh, no I didn't. I said the combo was doing 6k. I also stated I wasn't complaining about Operatives at all. And used the phrase, "more power to them," as a dominant dps class. That's not the words of someone complaining about your class, so there's no reason for you to be upset since this post was about my Sentinel and not your Operative. It seems the only QQ'ing in this thread is from Operatives that can't read and are over eager to defend themselves where no defense is needed.

First off, if you cant handle a 6k hit, you dont have enough END to be in the PVP - I dont even queue until 15k and I tell people not to queue until 15k at least (50s bracket obv). This sound more like health problem then anything - the op burst looks huge when it hits a tiny health bar.

mind you, the easy solution is CCbreaker-AOEstun if you got it, and most classes do. I absolutely love shutting down a stealther with those "breaks if dmged" 6-8 second stuns. You can invariably predict that their response will be CC breaker-vanish, so hit um up with a dot and watch the anger and rage commence :D

First off, if you cant handle a 6k hit, you dont have enough END to be in the PVP - I dont even queue until 15k and I tell people not to queue until 15k at least (50s bracket obv). This sound more like health problem then anything - the op burst looks huge when it hits a tiny health bar.

mind you, the easy solution is CCbreaker-AOEstun if you got it, and most classes do. I absolutely love shutting down a stealther with those "breaks if dmged" 6-8 second stuns. You can invariably predict that their response will be CC breaker-vanish, so hit um up with a dot and watch the anger and rage commence :D

See these are the posts I like. Consideration of possible problems, recommendations for possible solutions.

Lots of fail in these threads on both sides. I play a BM operative in Best In Slot gear, and participate in a dueling tournament every week. I've fought against Best in Slot geared players of all classes in 1v1 full CD duels and I can tell you this:

Skill being equal, gear being Best in Slot, Marauder VS Operative, is a pretty close fight. RNG will decide a lot of it.

Pretty much this, its a fight of reflexes in my experience. If the op gets 2 good openers then he'll win barring crazy rng (critting every hit).

But if you get a shield up before the opener or get a burn or a root before the vanish then hes pretty beatable.

My advice in a 1v1 would be

dont bother trying to knock him out of stealth if he pops up right on top of you, you might get an attack off but he'll probably get his opener off too (lag basically) put the 75% damage shield up instead.

A lot of ops will telegraph their vanish (they'll break off to make a bit of space or turn away) keep cauterize for this point (he'll just dispel it if you dont time it properly) or if he's a bit far away the root on crippling throw will do the same job.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.