Messing with Europe!

Gumakk

19 is even worse tbh. Laughable. And we are not playing for free. We payed for pre-orders.

If you payed more for Pre order you got ripped off, you might want to speak to your retailer about that because it has nothing to do with BW.

Yes there is the fear that in 4 days time when we are on payed time they will still have issues. I definitely grant that. But at the moment… We get out of the newb zones before the gates get swung wide open. That is enough to warrant the planning…

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just dont get how people expect them to do double the work for different maintenance times. It sucks waiting for any maintenance. Their are alot of US players waiting along with you. Find something to do till its time to play again.

I'd expect anyone launcing as big a game as SWTOR to perform best in class. If they don't - and they aren't - it ticks me off. If it was only this maintenance...fine. But it's not.

Yes,yes I'll stop posting QQ now.

(But I'm right)

Edited by zoofar

Sorry guys but it seems to be messing up with Europe so hard... Maintenance at USA 2-6 at night and 9-13 at day in Europe sucks a lot. Why you cant do that separately in Europe like others companies do?

Have a cry, MMOs routinely screw those in Oceania by having maintenance right in their prime time. You will get over it.

Edit: Such as tonights. 8pm on a friday night and the servers are down. I am sure you can cope with it being down in the morning.

Edited by Swift

People took time off to play EGA this week.

Then they are idiots, for taking time off work for a computer game, or for skipping work in this economic climate and risking their jobs just to get a few levels ahead of others.

Other companies manage to keep servers up "fine" with less maintenance, why can't Bio? I'm not buying that "much more people" aspect. They have "much more money" so this smells to me like they simply haven't got a large enough crew. I.e. cheap. CE wasn't.

Other companies divide Europe and America, usually with separate offices in either Paris or Ireland. Bioware seems to still have its management of TOR centralised in its american office, so its sticking with their timezone.

As for the CE not being cheap, no one forced you to buy that version of the game. If you thought it was expensive, then why the feck did you buy it in the first place?

Its not that easy to put in a maint that will not bother eighter EU or US

But as you say we in EU allways get the short straw but arent we used to it by now ? :>)

Next maintaince is at 6pm CST, do EU get the short straw there to?

Really why dont people read what the devs write, would save them so much trouble...

People took time off to play EGA this week.

And those are sort of ready to play 24/7 and will complain about any maintenance time.

P.S. I am from Europe myself and happen to be at home today (some emergency stuff requires my presence), still I consider current timing to be quite reasonable. Even though I could have played these few hours.

I really hate when they take down servers during the early day, especially just after a launch or during "Early Access".

Yay! Getting up in the morning, got a day off, ready to play!

Then they throw some "Scheduelled maintenance" in my face - It sure as hell wasn't Scheduelled when I bought the game, when I got the early access, when I planned my week.

So many games do this, and always it's freaking 4 hours. Very annoying.

Then they are idiots, for taking time off work for a computer game, or for skipping work in this economic climate and risking their jobs just to get a few levels ahead of others.

And everyone knows launch week means queues and downtime, it would make more sense to take a week off 2 to 3 weeks after launch, if you absolutly have to take time off work to play video games.

I really hate when they take down servers during the early day, especially just after a launch or during "Early Access".

Yay! Getting up in the morning, got a day off, ready to play!

Then they throw some "Scheduelled maintenance" in my face - It sure as hell wasn't Scheduelled when I bought the game, when I got the early access, when I planned my week.

So many games do this, and always it's freaking 4 hours. Very annoying.

So you knew this would happen, because "So many games do this" and still youøre suprise...:rolleyes:

If you looked at the schedual for maintanence I think the third one is smack in middle of prime game time in US servers, something like 1-2am european time.

edit: it was the 2nd maintanence.

Maintenance Window #2:

Date: Evening of December 19th (CST)

Time: 6PM CST (4PM PST/7PM EST/12AM GMT/1AM CET)

All game servers and SWTOR.com will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to complete before 11PM CST, and will mark the end of Early Game Access for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Edited by Jocken

Sorry guys but it seems to be messing up with Europe so hard... Maintenance at USA 2-6 at night and 9-13 at day in Europe sucks a lot. Why you cant do that separately in Europe like others companies do?

Don't you have school or a job?

Speaking about job, I need to go in 10 minutes and will be gone for the next 8 hours.

(Yes I live in Europe as well)

Do something else, your life shouldn't revolve around this game, it's a few hours...

There are plenty of people who game and DO have lifes. In fact, the none gaming part takes up most of their time, and they prefer it over gaming.

But that leaves small windows for gaming. My wife is at work, youngest at school, and i am off, as always on fridays, as i work every other weekend.

So don't tell me i should get a life or do something else. I have a family, a involving job in psychiatry, and a good social life outside of gaming.

I use my window op oppurtunity to get some gaming time when i can, thank you!

Being in the UK, I think this maintenance time is fine. Not many play in the morning, do they? Maybe if you work nights. They have to plan around the majority, though.

Nah I work nights, and thats pretty much when i should be going bed, and is when most the people who work nights (depending what shift patter) do.

Seriously the proposed times are fine, I honestly can't see what the fuss is about...

There are plenty of people who game and DO have lifes. In fact, the none gaming part takes up most of their time, and they prefer it over gaming.

But that leaves small windows for gaming. My wife is at work, youngest at school, and i am off, as always on fridays, as i work every other weekend.

So don't tell me i should get a life or do something else. I have a family, a involving job in psychiatry, and a good social life outside of gaming.

I use my window op oppurtunity to get some gaming time when i can, thank you!

Well guess what, I work, wife at work, young at school and I'm always off un thursdays, so I'm very pleased with this.

You understand now? They can NEVER keep everybody happy! The game JUST released, this is there very FIRST maintenance after letting in over a MILLION players, and you are complaining about a couple of early hours?

Stop feeling so extremely selfentitled, bah.

I don't go to school, i want a job! but i have'nt told my parents, or yes i have but i need my Gymnasium-pass thing to get a decent job. Sucks to be swedish.

You have to pass P.E to get a job in Sweden? Man those are some harsh rules. If you turn up to the office without a tie, do the managers make you do your work in your underwear?

You have to pass P.E to get a job in Sweden? Man those are some harsh rules. If you turn up to the office without a tie, do the managers make you do your work in your underwear?

Just a sign of the very poor quality of education here in Sweden. What the guy means is that he has to pass secondary school to be viable on the job market. Nothing more.

Old qoute and it definatly applies here "You can please some of the people all of the time, but NOT all of the people all of the time"

Marine corp Moto "Suck it up Troop"

My Moto "Murphys law if it can go wrong , it will go wrong"

ultimatly this needs to be done so do some of the follwing as an alternative:

A: Read a book(pr0n is optional)

B: watch a movie

C: if your in Scotland go play in the snow with your kids

D: If your emo raging stare at screen and swear in klingon

E: Facebook some old friends

G: go back to bed

H: Think up another great excuse to get of work tomorrow to play more, the bubonic plague works.:D

ultimatly this needs to be done so do some of the follwing as an alternative:

A: Read a book(pr0n is optional)

B: watch a movie

C: if your in Scotland go play in the snow with your kids

D: If your emo raging stare at screen and swear in klingon

E: Facebook some old friends

G: go back to bed

H: Think up another great excuse to get of work tomorrow to play more, the bubonic plague works.:D

Or combine them. Read a book in the snow while emo raging at your kids, then Facebook your friends in bed while dying of the bubonic plague.

Try being in the godamn redzone!!

It went off at 6pm here. I had it all planned out - swtor action from 6pm-9pm then go out and get (more) pissed! I guess I'll just have to miss the first part.

Cry more, red zone has not officially launched yet and you want to ***** about support, it was your choice to source a copy elsewhere, and Bioware have been quite candid, while you can play, you will receive no support for your region. The fact you did not get an official launch along with everyone else is a different issue and I understand feeling annoyed by that, but you have no cause for complaint when you suffer downtime during peak hours until it does officially launch.