300x RE Red lethal crystal.

DarthWalt

So today I just made and RE My 300th yes 300 times and RE and still have no purple schem.

Yea this clearly working as inteneded.

4x Primevil artiafact lvl 6

4x Red Polychomic Crystal LvL 6 crystal

4x Lorrdain gemmstone lvl 6 gemstone

4x Corotis Substrait

x300.

*** Fix your G/D crafting and stop tring to break it more.

4x Primevil artiafact lvl 6 x125cr =500

4x Red Polychomic Crystal LvL 6 crystal x180cr =720

4x Lorrdain gemmstone lvl 6 gemstone x425cr =1700

4x Corotis Substrait x400cr =1600

=4520cr ea (being generous and unerestimating the cost)

x300. = 1,356,000 CREDITS

If you gathered the artifacts & color crystals you'd still be out 990,000 credits just for the lorridian and cortosis.

There is the issue of time- because those crystals take 25 minutes each to build.

So 25min x 300 =7500 minutes = 125 hours of crew skill crafting time.

Divided by 5 companions = 25 hours of actual crafting time.

Let's talk about the lorridian- cause I've never seen more of 4 of those from a non discovery gathering mission at an average of 2k per mission - so they actaully cost more than 500cr ea. My crew affection is over 6K ea (except for the fussy droid). The mission time for those is roughly 1 hour. So if you ran 300 missions to get these- you're looking at 300 hrs of crew missions. With five companions running non stop it would still take 60 hrs for these missions to run. And 600,000cr just to run the missions...... Even if you played 12 hours a day, and sent everyone out before logging- it would take almost 5 days for these missions to run.

You didn't buy them cheap off the GTN- because their selling for 1700 -2400cr each on there.

Are you sure you made 300 of these crystals.....

I RE'd 50 x lvl 49 prototype color crystals yesterday and got 4 artifact paterns....

You're doing it wrong, you're grossly exagerating, or both.

Yes it is working as intended, because it doesn't reward people for skipping crafting until level 50, grinding their craft to 400, and ignoring their low level paterns. If you want to craft- craft- but don't complain that you can't just skip to the top tier paterns and get them EZPZ.

4x Primevil artiafact lvl 6 x125cr =500

4x Red Polychomic Crystal LvL 6 crystal x180cr =720

4x Lorrdain gemmstone lvl 6 gemstone x425cr =1700

4x Corotis Substrait x400cr =1600

=4520cr ea (being generous and unerestimating the cost)

x300. = 1,356,000 CREDITS

If you gathered the artifacts & color crystals you'd still be out 990,000 credits just for the lorridian and cortosis.

There is the issue of time- because those crystals take 25 minutes each to build.

So 25min x 300 =7500 minutes = 125 hours of crew skill crafting time.

Divided by 5 companions = 25 hours of actual crafting time.

Let's talk about the lorridian- cause I've never seen more of 4 of those from a non discovery gathering mission at an average of 2k per mission - so they actaully cost more than 500cr ea. My crew affection is over 6K ea (except for the fussy droid). The mission time for those is roughly 1 hour. So if you ran 300 missions to get these- you're looking at 300 hrs of crew missions. With five companions running non stop it would still take 60 hrs for these missions to run. And 600,000cr just to run the missions...... Even if you played 12 hours a day, and sent everyone out before logging- it would take almost 5 days for these missions to run.

You didn't buy them cheap off the GTN- because their selling for 1700 -2400cr each on there.

Are you sure you made 300 of these crystals.....

I RE'd 50 x lvl 49 prototype color crystals yesterday and got 4 artifact paterns....

You're doing it wrong, you're grossly exagerating, or both.

Yes it is working as intended, because it doesn't reward people for skipping crafting until level 50, grinding their craft to 400, and ignoring their low level paterns. If you want to craft- craft- but don't complain that you can't just skip to the top tier paterns and get them EZPZ.

Yes I have been playing daily starting the morning of 12/14/11 This was my first toon and has anyways been arty. And yes I counted the 300xs cause I wanted to prove a point with real numbers so everyone even the nah sayers and there are still plenty of people that think crafting is working and it is broke.

And the fact is I refuse to pay over priced GTN for items I should be able to make myself.

And trust me having 3 lvl 50s and and the rest between lvl 11-30 I have been crafting and RE stuff to supply them with upgrades. So no i dont just have a ton of greens and only blues and purple at high end.

All this is, is a prime example of how grossly broke and ignored this problem has been. But let make sure we tweek that UI more. Or add color effect and shadding cause I mean thats whats rly mportatin looking good not working.

Yes I have been playing daily starting the morning of 12/14/11 This was my first toon and has anyways been arty. And yes I counted the 300xs cause I wanted to prove a point with real numbers so everyone even the nah sayers and there are still plenty of people that think crafting is working and it is broke.

And the fact is I refuse to pay over priced GTN for items I should be able to make myself.

And trust me having 3 lvl 50s and and the rest between lvl 11-30 I have been crafting and RE stuff to supply them with upgrades. So no i dont just have a ton of greens and only blues and purple at high end.

All this is, is a prime example of how grossly broke and ignored this problem has been. But let make sure we tweek that UI more. Or add color effect and shadding cause I mean thats whats rly mportatin looking good not working.

the system has been said to be broke. you chose to use a system that was not working as intended. would you rather they disabled the system entirely? can you honestly state you wouldnt be here making the same qq post but this time titled "bioware wont let me progress"?

as to your whine about them fixing other things, you do know that you arent the only person playing the game right? other people dont care a lick about re, but do about the ui etc. the issue you are annoyed with has been addressed, we even have a decent idea in terms of eta. stop whining and deal.

So you've been dividing your time between multiple characters enough that you have 3 50's in basically the same time as it took me to level 1? I havn't been casually playing this game either. And if you want to suggest that I am a casual player- I'm not QQing that the RE proc rate is busted. Somebody who RE'd 300 items without a proc probably wouldn't have misspelled the names of all 4 of the mats listed in the original post.

The only thing you've proven to me that you either power leveled to 50 + ground up your crafting skill with money from endgame dailies & the sooper sekrit slicing/UT/TH cash money NAOW formula, or you are grossly exaggerating how many of these crystals you have made... If you leveled your craft while leveling- while leveling 2+ alts, you wouldn't have had the actual RL time to acquire the mats for 300 of these. The only way possible that you could have even acquired the mats would have been for your 2 alts to funnel money to your artificer- and buy the mats from the GTN. -Oh but you don't buy from the GTN.

I've run a scary crapload of grade 6 TH missions specifically for lorridian - and only ever accumulated 3 stacks of them. I ran over a third of these missions with credits provided by another player who only wanted the Corrusca gems. You can't farm these anywhere. The only way to get them is crew missions or the GTN. Running 4 grade 6 TH missions yesterday I got 10 of these (one mission was a crit).....And you say you've never bought any mats off the GTN....But you used 1200 of them to make 300 red crystals? A crystal that sells on the GTN for 30K btw. That is 12 stacks of each of these mats. You're claiming that you've managed to gather 1200 red on Correlia & Ilum? I've spent time farming for those mats - and I don't believe that it's physically possible that you've ever obtained 1200 red g6 crytals.

I honestly don't know how many artifact paterns I have- because there are too many of them. I've got 48 out of the 50 trainer acquired crystal paterns RE'd to artifact- everything except a g6 green & a g6 orange. I have almost every hilt RE'd to blue, and well over half of them RE'd to purple. With exception of 21/22 enhancements - those are developed about the same. I've almost ignored offhands, but I've still got over 20 offhand artifact paterns. I've spend so much time and money on crafting in this game that I only just yesteday bought speeder 2 training. And somehow you've had the game time/credits to level 2 alts to 50 & throw away at least 1.5 MIL on REing 1 crystal? Only if you didn't RE your lower paterns much at all.

I have only twice had it take more than 30 copies of a blue item to get the artifact patern.... (31, 34). Both times I was trying to RE a patern for an item that was at the very top of my skill level. Once for an enhancement & once for a focus. A boatload of my paterns proc'ed from green to blue in less than 10 tries. I've had a large number proc to purple in less than 15 tries. And I've had an unexpected number of procs in less than 5 tries. And twice I've had 2procs in 2 RE attempts.

I can't speak for any other craft besides Artifice- because I havn't leveled any of them. But the RE proc rate for artifice is far from broken. And for every person posting this same tired RE qq on here- I've talked to 5 others in game that have no idea what the qq is all about. If anything RE procs are too easy in artifice.

There are things about artifice/ARch/TH that are broken- but RE isn't one of them. Drop rates for certain mats from Arch/TH missions are busted as hell- but I havn't seen 1 post on these forums about that. Because the people complaining about RE proc rates don't bother to run g1-g5 missions. All they want is a BiS rakata relic before they retool for biochem.

If you can't get the proc- it's because you're doing it wrong.

I have every single hilt & crystal including magentas unlocked and the blue version of every offhand and all the enhancments (except some of the lvl22's) ... some I got try 1 others try 50 but it ALWAYS ends up averaging out to around 15% discovery rate (higher for low lvl items, lower for high lvl items) so yes RE'ing works but like any random system... ITS RANDOM so stop crying.