No Social Points for PVP? why?

Rootez

No, it was /thread.

If you want to reopen the discussion, let's start with introducing repair bills to PvP. Shall we continue with the homogenization of the two?

I was going to reply to your first point saying /thread for the whole [i don't get comms for running FPs] *whiny voice* (totally not the same thing)

But after the point about never having to pay for repairs I say you can keep your social points. :p

But in all fairness.... my pvp is WAY more social than my mindlessly running HM FP and spacebaring though all the story I have seen a billion times. Never even talk to the people I pug a FP with. I just listen to an audio book while mindlessly healing dropping bars and staying out of fire.

it's called social points because the rewards that the points open up are completely social with no benefit whatsoever. They are essentially role-playing sets that you can wear and different-looking speeders that you can buy.

I just want the dance party so I can toss it out while waiting at the WZ gate for a min and half. :D

Social points = pve

Warzone commendations = pvp

Gear drops = pve

Warzone commendations = pvp

fixt

Edited by Nhaok

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest the social gathering point system is a joke.

i farmed several times with some random people each time the Esseles and made my social lvl3.

i got sick and tired of that FP ofc. and why i did esseles? coze at lvl50 you can do it in 10min or so and it has the most chat dialogs than other FP. i do not like the grind system of "MUST find a group to get those points".

Both involve combat that presumably damages gear. Why doesn't PvP also have a repair bill?

Because you die alot more often in PvP than PvE.

Purpose of social points is to reward socializing in game. Currently, you only get them via in-game conversations which is literally the opposite of socializing. When you group up with someone for a mission, how often do you actually see them "socializing"?. Now tell me why should 2 people who only said "Hi!" and "Thanks for the group" get more social points than those who are actually talking with one another to win a warzone match?

The entire social points system is a joke. For those who are arguing with PvP=/= PvE, well guess what? you don't get Social points for doing flashpoints/operations as wel and the repair bills are much higherl.

Edited by Idunhavaname