name your most minor annoyances with the game....

therealphyzik

These are non-game breaking stuff.... Really minor stuff that just annoys you but overall doesnt really affect gameplay....

I'll start off....

Going into the guild window and sorting by rank sorts alphabetically, which you would think would sort by actual rank!

Seeing races that I wish I could play.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless level or gear is an issue, not participating in Operations/Flashpoints is a conscious choice. The only thing preventing you from participation is you. Please explain why the extra 15 seconds it takes to use the game's current LFG tool is such a deal breaker. WoW doesn't even have a 1-button system, and they're bleeding subs. Maybe you're wanting a no-button system? Just think it and bang you're there?

Have you ever seriously relied upon the current joke of a LFG system? I have. I used to log on, and then click the box, put a special note in the notes area and then go about my business. Now, put your forefinger and thumb together to make a zero and you have the number of times I got a group. I would even search the /who and see who else might be using it... usually less than 2 others and they were never wanting the same thing as me.

To point someone to the current system is to declare your total ignorance of the tool and that you have never ever had to rely upon it.

I actually gave up using the tool about 2 months in. It is a complete waste of time.

I resort to /General spam for finding groups. And that is dubious at best.

Have you ever seriously relied upon the current joke of a LFG system? I have. I used to log on, and then click the box, put a special note in the notes area and then go about my business. Now, put your forefinger and thumb together to make a zero and you have the number of times I got a group. I would even search the /who and see who else might be using it... usually less than 2 others and they were never wanting the same thing as me.

To point someone to the current system is to declare your total ignorance of the tool and that you have never ever had to rely upon it.

I actually gave up using the tool about 2 months in. It is a complete waste of time.

I resort to /General spam for finding groups. And that is dubious at best.

Indeed I have. It works great for grouping up (anything from heroic quests to Ops) and only takes a few minutes to learn how to use:

• open the Social window
  • click the Who tab
  • put a check in the "Looking for a group?" box
  • click the "Set LFG Comment" button & type in a LFG comment like you would in chat
  • click the "Update Comment" button
  • close the Social window
  • then wait a few minutes for a group leader to make contact with you.

It's server wide by default so typing in something like "Marauder LFG HM BT" would autoparse server-wide for group leaders and solo players looking for heroic BT. During the wait time (which I find is less than WoW's dungeonfinder - at least on Mask of Nihilus) I normally quest, farm, craft or do some kind of admin. There are direct-to-fleet shuttles on most planets for those who don't want to burn their fleet pass.

Here's a thread on the tool's specifics. http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=224095&page=6

No one can speak to the traffic on your server but the people on your server. In my case on Mask of Nihilus the LFG traffic is robust, especially for HMs. The LFG tool isn't the problem.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Indeed I have. It works great for grouping up (anything from heroic quests to Ops) and only takes a few minutes to learn how to use:

• open the Social window
  • click the Who tab
  • put a check in the "Looking for a group?" box
  • click the "Set LFG Comment" button & type in a LFG comment like you would in chat
  • click the "Update Comment" button
  • close the Social window
  • then wait a few minutes for a group leader to make contact with you.

It's server wide by default so typing in something like "Marauder LFG HM BT" would autoparse server-wide for group leaders and solo players looking for heroic BT. During the wait time (which I find is less than WoW's dungeonfinder - at least on Mask of Nihilus) I normally quest, farm, craft or do some kind of admin. There are direct-to-fleet shuttles on most planets for those who don't want to burn their fleet pass.

Here's a thread on the tool's specifics. http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=224095&page=6

No one can speak to the traffic on your server but the people on your server. In my case, LFG traffic is robust, especially for HMs.

Been there, done that... for 2 months or more. And now I am done with it.

No matter how much you want to make it sound like a great system, it isn't. On my server, no one uses it at all. And, to say, well then get the word out... why should I be the prophet of a manual process that BW threw in at the last minute just so no one can say, "You don't have a LFG tool". No, I say rubbish on this one! Bad design, bad decision!

Been there, done that... for 2 months or more. And now I am done with it.

No matter how much you want to make it sound like a great system, it isn't. On my server, no one uses it at all. And, to say, well then get the word out... why should I be the prophet of a manual process that BW threw in at the last minute just so no one can say, "You don't have a LFG tool". No, I say rubbish on this one! Bad design, bad decision!

Then it isn't the system, it's the people not using it. Because it's a mainstay on our server. We (the server's community) made a concerted effort to get players to use it. The system works and Mask of Nihilus is living proof that it not only works, but it works well. If not having a WoW-clone interface is someone's deal breaker then they fabricated the deal to begin with because this isn't WoW. Edited by GalacticKegger

1 The way my female toons butt vibrates durring quest conversations with her Scoundrel jacket on.

2 The black screen on revive, almost every time I am nearly frantic wanting to know what the hell is going on!

3 The way everything pauses every time I open any window, inventory, map, anything...

4 The thing I hate the most, well two things, no day/night cycle, and no swimming. To me all this does is completely ruin any immersion I had to begin with.

5 random conversations that continue even though I am no longer in that area.

Don't know if this has been mentioned already. There are two things about companions returning from crew skill missions that I find very annoying:

• When you're in combat and your companion returns, that window pops and the "I have returned" audio plays. Especially annoying in PvP.
  • When you send all your companions out to gather before logging off your character, the next time you log back in they all come back and all their "mission success/fail" audio files play at the same time, sometimes a full minute after you've collected their goods.

Customization or lack of bugs me so far more then anything else. I hate finding a look I love then having to give it up because the piece is not modifiable and all the better gear are in colors that I find unappealing.

Companion babble tends to get out of hand at times to. Its why I run with Zenith on my consular he doesnt talk much. others wont shut up no matter what especially the ship droid oh man my kingdom for a mute button.

Other then that the game has been alright especially running around on my own learning at my own pace.

Then it isn't the system, it's the people not using it. Because it's a mainstay on our server. We (the server's community) made a concerted effort to get players to use it. The system works and Mask of Nihilus is living proof that it not only works, but it works well. If not having a WoW-clone interface is someone's deal breaker then they fabricated the deal to begin with because this isn't WoW.

Hm.. I think the point is that if the interface were easier to use, more people would use it. And without a "concerted effort."

It takes 3 actions just to bring up a list of people who flagged themselves as LFG. Ths interface is buried under a seondary menu item. It's tedious & cumbersome to use.

Then it isn't the system, it's the people not using it. Because it's a mainstay on our server. We (the server's community) made a concerted effort to get players to use it. The system works and Mask of Nihilus is living proof that it not only works, but it works well. If not having a WoW-clone interface is someone's deal breaker then they fabricated the deal to begin with because this isn't WoW.

What can I say? If you don't see the short-comings of their current system, nothing is going to convince you.

It doesn't work universally. And what good is a tool in a game that is sporadically useful?

But, like most people, its hard to understand others when we aren't willing to walk in their shoes. If it works for you and your server, that's awesome. But its useless on my server. Could you imagine a similar system for PvP?

Or, how about a system that works on my server but doesn't on yours. I bet the roles would be reversed here, right?

Analogy time: Its like handing a bunch of people small hand-held hammers to lay railroad track across the city. Sure, you could probably make it work with "concerted effort" and a lot of pounding, but wouldn't it be better to get a proper sledge hammer designed for driving railroad spikes?

Edited by Meldwyn

Melee companions whose main stat is Aim. Aim?

Lack of Tech Staff options for these Aim based melee companions.

Crew mission windows should go to pending if I have any other windows open

GTN needs so much work I won't list them, others have.

Load screen times.

Too many time sinks. Way too many.

Speeders on fleet.

I need more than 8 toons per server, altoholic sorry.

I send 8 items to an alt, mail window then goes back to inbox, so I have to go back to compose window type in alts name again. Rinse repeat.

Sullust Interception. Did I miss a couple of difficulty levels?

Customization or lack of bugs me so far more then anything else. I hate finding a look I love then having to give it up because the piece is not modifiable and all the better gear are in colors that I find unappealing........................

^^^Yes! This! By far my biggest gripe. All of the stuff I find that I actually like, are green or blue, and therefore I have to give them up in favor of something I hate. And some of the coolest stuff I see is on NPCs or in the cutscenes, and unobtainable by players. It's an exercise in frustration and anger management in this game to "attempt" to make your character and companion look acceptable. Very frustrating.

Diplomacy crew missions shuffling in favor of whatever you don't need, like an entire page of dark side missions on a Republic character. I can see one or two maybe for those playing dark choices, but the whole dang page?!? Then the occasional light side comes up and it's companion gifts! What's up with that? Very frustrating.

Large speeders on Fleet.

Governor Saresh in the spaceport on Taris. Oh how I long to put a sock in it.

That the quest log text populates after every environment load and I have to click it off again and again.

That I'm not able to chat in loading screens.

My friends list follows each character and not the account so I'm adding friends to 6 lists.

Listening to the WZ intros over and over.

Selecting "Auto skip movies" does basically nothing. (You're wearing out my space bar)

Regrouping after WZs (being fixecd in 1.2)

and on and on....

What can I say? If you don't see the short-comings of their current system, nothing is going to convince you.

It doesn't work universally. And what good is a tool in a game that is sporadically useful?

But, like most people, its hard to understand others when we aren't willing to walk in their shoes. If it works for you and your server, that's awesome. But its useless on my server. Could you imagine a similar system for PvP?

Or, how about a system that works on my server but doesn't on yours. I bet the roles would be reversed here, right?

Analogy time: Its like handing a bunch of people small hand-held hammers to lay railroad track across the city. Sure, you could probably make it work with "concerted effort" and a lot of pounding, but wouldn't it be better to get a proper sledge hammer designed for driving railroad spikes?

Likewise if you don't see the current functionality and potential of their current system, nothing is going to convince you. For myself as well as the multitudes on our server it works just fine. If there is a system on your server that works better I'd be interested to learn about it. For those that want to wait around for a WoW-clone interface I hope theirs is a long wait. Because I don't want a WoW clone or I'd go back to playing WoW. Edited by GalacticKegger

Impatient players complaining is the one minor annoyance I could do without. ( I dont mean in this thread, but in game whining about when the next patch comes out etc ) Edited by Dayln

Sullust Interception. Did I miss a couple of difficulty levels?

upgrade as much as you can at the level youre at and then focus on capitol ship turrets with ur missiles, fighters with ur blasters...and be liberal with those missiles, i had alot of toruble with that one but yeah its basically spam right click

Likewise if you don't see the current functionality and potential of their current system, nothing is going to convince you. For myself as well as the multitudes on our server it works just fine. If there is a system on your server that works better I'd be interested to learn about it. For those that want to wait around for a WoW-clone interface I hope theirs is a long wait. Because I don't want a WoW clone or I'd go back to playing WoW.

I already said that its great that it works for you. And no, spamming is all we have.

How about walking in my shoes for a while? And will SWTOR instantly transform in to WOW when they put in a proper cross server LFG? How does that even make sense? You have essentially equated having cross server LFG with WOW. This game will remain SW but people will be able to enjoy all the content more efficiently no matter what server you are on. That sounds like a win win to me.

it bothers me how my companions will come back with a bountiful yield saying "sorry didnt do so hot" but when they totally blow it and fail they say "oh youll be quite pleased!"

Yeah... I do hope they work on that at some point, they used to be indicating properly how they did, they dont anymore.

Huttball Ive never been a fan of it :)[/quote

I agree..not interested enough to even try it. So it is optional and for now...I could'nt careless what they do with it. But it is not on my most anoying list. Because it never made any list of things I want to do. I did want very much to get involved with crafting however.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.