HELP!!! Becoming a Founder Member

darth_blue

I've got a bit of a problem 'coz I want to be a "Founder" member for SWTOR.

Problem is, i signed up for the subscription last Feb. 20. I found out that upon registering, it has 30 days free game time, and I will be billed for the subscription on Mar. 20 which is 1 day too late!!

The "Becoming a Founder Member" states the following:

So how do you earn the “Founder” title? This reward is only available to players who have completed either one of the following transactions (by March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST; Pacific: March 18th, 9:01PM PST; European: 4:01AM GMT, 5:01AM CET):

Billed at least once for an active Star Wars: The Old Republic subscription

OR

Redeemed a Star Wars: The Old Republic Pre-Paid Game Time Code

Another problem is when I'm trying to buy the Pre-Paid Game Time, the link to origin.com redirects me to it's main page?

What will I do oh what will I do?

I've got a bit of a problem 'coz I want to be a "Founder" member for SWTOR.

Problem is, i signed up for the subscription last Feb. 20. I found out that upon registering, it has 30 days free game time, and I will be billed for the subscription on Mar. 20 which is 1 day too late!!

The "Becoming a Founder Member" states the following:

So how do you earn the “Founder” title? This reward is only available to players who have completed either one of the following transactions (by March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST; Pacific: March 18th, 9:01PM PST; European: 4:01AM GMT, 5:01AM CET):

Billed at least once for an active Star Wars: The Old Republic subscription

OR

Redeemed a Star Wars: The Old Republic Pre-Paid Game Time Code

Another problem is when I'm trying to buy the Pre-Paid Game Time, the link to origin.com redirects me to it's main page?

What will I do oh what will I do?

Yeah the way I read it is that it is too late for anyone to get a "founder" title now, and hasn't been possible since the 19th February. Hopefully they've removed all mention of the founder title from the website, so new people aren't confused and think they can still obtain it.

Because, as you point out, if you started playing from the 20th Feb you can't get it (or shouldn't be able to get it).

That's the thing with time-limited cut-off dates: there'll always be people right on the cusp who think it is unfair they can't get it.

It'll be a pretty cool title to have in around a few years provided founders are still around by then.

Unobtainable titles and all that.

Yeah and that's just it ... right now it is a fairly meaningless title and I'm not bothering to display it because nearly everyone you meet will also have that title. In a year or two's time though it may have some gravitas.

It made me laugh when people were complaining on day 1 of 'founders title launch' that they didn't have it yet because at that point it had even less meaning. Everyone playing at that time would get the title, so a week of delay's meant nothing. At least now we're at the point where new players can't get it and so it has some exclusivitiy ... not much, but some.

That's the thing with time-limited cut-off dates: there'll always be people right on the cusp who think it is unfair they can't get it.

just to be clear, i don't think it's unfair. i'm just exploring the possibilities that i could still get it.

i know it's just a title, and won't affect my game whatsoever. but to think that if i have subscribed 1 or 2 days earlier i will have no problem getting the title as "founder".

still crossing fingers XD

i'm not from america or anywhere near it.

where could i purchase it online? any specific url would be helpful. thank you!

Since Origin is stupid, even if i give you a link it will redirect you to the home page. As I said earlier just search for Star Wars The Old Republic in the search box there and you should see it. Good luck.

Edit: Here's a link anyway: http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/sv_SE/pd/productID.242638300/sac.true

Edited by dosadnik

i was just billed for the next month, had to be billed by march 19th, where do i find the title. i havent gotten any conformation, no in game mail. so now what?

If you were just billed, as in today, it can take a day or two for you to get it. It will be sent through in-game mail. Just be patient.