It is just plain dumb that you heal by ...

Letsjet

... shooting your team mates. The whole concept is retarded. (now watch me roll one ... nah).

Retarded? You are throwing bacta to your team mates. Do you know what is retarded? Asking the milicronians to heal someones wounds or being an elf and call divine light or holy powers in order to make god heal your teammates.

No, throwing bacta heals to your teammates is the less retarded heal concept I 've seen (Well, Lotro morale healing is for sure, the most real heal)

The concept isn't bad at all. You shoot enemies, you load ammo. You fire at friendlies, you load med packs. The major problem is in PVP when, as a healer, your beam is always the same color. It's a major announcement that, "Hey, I'm a healer over here putting out tiny heals for whatever reason!"

DPS Commando's can take advantage of that and lure people in, but it's severely detrimental to actual healers.

I don't have any problem with the mechanics of the heal, it's great. I think the graphics of it should match Hammer Shot.

I remember playing an AD&D game once where my character received a cursed sword that healed its target instead of damaging it. I promptly started hacking away at my party members to great effect. It was one of the Baldur's Gate series, I think...might have been Icewind Dale.

I also recall shooting potions from a mortar in the Final Fantasy Tactics series.

The idea isn't new, and it isn't "retarded." It's a science fantasy universe with advanced medical technology. We already employ lasers and other forms of radiation in medicine in our own society for a variety of uses.

I remember playing an AD&D game once where my character received a cursed sword that healed its target instead of damaging it. I promptly started hacking away at my party members to great effect. It was one of the Baldur's Gate series, I think...might have been Icewind Dale.

I also recall shooting potions from a mortar in the Final Fantasy Tactics series.

The idea isn't new, and it isn't "retarded." It's a science fantasy universe with advanced medical technology. We already employ lasers and other forms of radiation in medicine in our own society for a variety of uses.

Lol, there was a weapon in Oblivion called "The Dagger of Friendship"