Melee force classes and talented stat increases

cdzander

Is there an even remotely good reason that Sentinel/Marauder and Shadow/Assassin are the only ACs that cannot use talent points to raise their primary statistic?

My first character is my Sentinel. It was only after I created and played other classes that I realized almost every other single one could use points to raise their primary statistic an extra 6% or 9%, most on the bottom level of the tree, easily accessible. If not on the bottom level, then they are next one up.

The shadow/assassin lack of willpower is even worse when sage/sorc get theirs in the "shared" tree. At least the +str for Juggs/Guards is in a tree Sent/Mara have no access to.

I can think of a few lackluster talents on the bottom layer of the Sentinel trees that can be replaced with a far more useful 2-4-6% Str increase.

It makes no difference whatsoever. Your abilities are balanced by the numbers already. Sentinel DPS is anything but lacking. This is a non-issue.

QFT. the issue is your looking at a single talent idea and not looking at the bigger picture. Actual class numbers are looked at as a total, not via individual skills. If a marauder can put out as much dps as other classes without the "skill" buff...then why do they need one?

would you prefer it if Bio actually cut back on your high damage abilities just so they could add a talent that boosts your strength...so you end up getting the same damage...

Edited by Elyx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.