Non stealth classes dissapearing when almost dead

Elaril

I've recently taken the pvp plunge, and have noticed this every couple of warzones. Is this a feature of some pvp item that I am unaware of? Or is this some kind of cheat? I'm not talking about shadows or agents, Im talking about sorcs sages marauders knights bounty hunters and troopers. It is really kind of annoying to have a guy dead to rights and *poof* gone. At least with the stealth classes I can aoe find them, but dissapearing is not a feature of these other classes.

There is some lag and banding as well, if the character vanishes and you lose the target it's probably actually dead or is using the short-term vanish ability some classes get.

If your bothered, dot them, dots will repop them. If it's dotted, vanishes and does not reappear or is dead it has either purged the dot, crashed or it might be something else.

People cry foul a lot in this game and it's often something else.

They come right back to the wz, and it's not just marauders, although I'll admit I didnt know they had that feature. I can even have a dot on them and, when they come back, they have the same amount of health they had and no dot on them.

And I dont think it's a dot purge/vanish deal either, as my aoe should still reveal them if it hits. Im not crying foul, really, just wondering if there is some cheat, such as a local internet kill or something that is being abused. I'm under no illusion about my skills, though I do seem to get better with each match, but I do know what skills I'm using, how they work, and where they should hit.

I've recently taken the pvp plunge, and have noticed this every couple of warzones. Is this a feature of some pvp item that I am unaware of? Or is this some kind of cheat? I'm not talking about shadows or agents, Im talking about sorcs sages marauders knights bounty hunters and troopers. It is really kind of annoying to have a guy dead to rights and *poof* gone. At least with the stealth classes I can aoe find them, but dissapearing is not a feature of these other classes.

Marauders and Sentinels have a Vanish ability (a 4 second stealth that has additional features depending on spec) that lets them stealth and forces you to lose target. In some cases (Sentinel: Combat Spec) they may be able to break roots or snares or in others (Sentinel: Watchmen Spec) they get 100% damage reduction for the duration which renders DoTs null and void for the duration.

Have you taken into account that the ability Smuggle (Infiltrate, agent counterpart) can be used and it requires the smuggler/Agent to be out of combat to use but will cloak party member up to 10 feet of the player that uses it.

That isn't what is happening. If that were the case we'd see the whole group vanish not simply one person in the middle of the group. On my server some of us have taken to FRAPSing the Warzones because we believe it is an exploit. We are reporting those who we see doing it.

This is legit yesterday. A Reb commando during warzone matches was running around invis Almost the whole match. All you could see was his name other times just the gun. At one point this guy was simply just invis. You could target him via the tab button, but it did nothing because you weren't getting a marker for him.

He knew what was going on and made a few wise cracks acknowledging he was aware. Did this during Huttball and during voidstar. If that wasn't happening he was floating around healing while putting out damage. Then getting heals from Sages who seem to be the only ones who could really target him.

Sentinels can vanish. Scoundrels can vanish. Shadows can vanish.

Do I need to continue?

Learn to AoE, learn to DoT, and stop whining over things like these.

The first thing I do when fighting a possible vanish class is DoT them. And IF they cloak, then spam AoE after about 5 seconds.

There is simply no need for threads like these, and there is no such exploit as entire groups vanishing.

Perhaps warzone popups in ilum, can do that. Once you get the popup you can instantly port out of ilum, no matter what

Other than that I suggest you upgrade your graphics card if suddenly entire groups are vanishing.

There is no such exploit. Use common sense before pointing your fat finger and scream AMG HAX0RR.

This is legit yesterday. A Reb commando during warzone matches was running around invis Almost the whole match. All you could see was his name other times just the gun. At one point this guy was simply just invis. You could target him via the tab button, but it did nothing because you weren't getting a marker for him.

He knew what was going on and made a few wise cracks acknowledging he was aware. Did this during Huttball and during voidstar. If that wasn't happening he was floating around healing while putting out damage. Then getting heals from Sages who seem to be the only ones who could really target him.

There's a bug with infiltrate that when it fades, it renders the player completely invisible to humans, but has no effect on mobs.

Sentinels can vanish. Scoundrels can vanish. Shadows can vanish.

Do I need to continue?

Learn to AoE, learn to DoT, and stop whining over things like these.

Learn to read.

I cannot fathom how it is possible that you managed your entire, coherent, post without being able to read more than one post.

I've seen this with many people, but most seem to hate it and not know why it happened.

They are also targetable, the target icon circles the empty space below their name.

Frustrating, but it seems like a graphical glitch. Perhaps a few people are finding ways to produce it at will, but most of the time, no.

The easiest way to return to normal when this happens is press force camo immediately when it recharges. It will return you to normal and yes its a graphics glitch. I hate when this happens, because I have to put my stealth abiltity on a one minute cooldown just to return to normal. Edited by RenegadePlayer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.