Resolve bar and roots

Dampeer

So why have resolve when roots go right through an active resolve bar? it completely defeats the purpose of resolve. juggs/guardians, marauders/sents and more can just root you to death with or with out a full resolve and needless to say this effects huttball the most.

bioware.... care to explain yourself?

Edited by Dampeer

So why have resolve when roots go right there an active resolve bar? it complete defeats the purpose of resolve. juggs/guardians, marauders/sents and more can just root you to death with or with out a full resolve and needless to say this effects huttball the most.

bioware.... care to explain yourself?

get a flashbang, get a knockback get the ball and score

now use your brain and think

For me the CC features in this game are way overdone. As others have said in this thread, you can be CC'd to death very easily. The resolve idea is fine in concept, but in action provides you with very little protection from being rendered completely helpless over and over.

Some of the characters have several CC methods... others have just one or maybe two. That is imbalanced. And the snare and root should be included in resolve, as they are just as deadly sometimes.

I can tell you it is just plain frustrating as the victim to not be able to move or counteract anything that is done to you, with the mild exception of a skill that releases you once every 2 minutes.

The cooldown on that skill needs to be reduced to every 20 secs, so that you have a chance to defend yourself -- or that all CC breaks on any kind of damage. Either that or you cannot be CC'd in any fashion except once every 2 minutes to match it.

Edited by Appletaz

I really don't see the issue. Sorry for not being constructive, but it's really not an issue. You can still do most abilities while rooted, which include passing.

You must be a sage/sorc.

I don't mind snares not being counted for resolve. but roots should be, they're in many cases the same thing as a stun. And you can be pretty much chain rooted to place.

Bad design on Resolve really ruins the pvp for me.

Resolve has a lot of issues and needs reworked. Why is there such a discrepancy between the amount of resolve gained between equal abilities? Why does a short duration stun add as much resolve as a long duration stun? Why can I be CC'd for 8 seconds, get 99% resolve, then CC'd for another 8 seconds?

Resolve should be a max cc'd duration counter. It should be based strictly on time duration. Maybe more extreme cc's, such as stuns get a different multiplier.

Let's say everyone gets a base resolve of 10 seconds. 5s stun hits you? its now half full. Someone lands a force lift on you? It auto breaks after 5s when your resolve bar gets full. Any form of 100% immobilization needs to be added to resolve as well.

Now if you have different classes of CC on different multipliers, such as:

Stuns = 1.2

Mez = 1.0 (normal)

Root = .5

You could still root someone for 5s and only add 2.5s to their resolve bar. That still gives you a long duration stun that you can land on them (say the stun was 5s, now they have 8.5s of resolve). So now the CC'd player has 1.5s left of CC time. Hit them with an 8s mez? Breaks after 1.5s.

Snares however, should not affect resolve. They are not a 100% immobilize, and MANY abilities have a snare secondary component. You would effectively give everyone full resolve just by DPS'ing them and never casting any heavy CC abilities.

I find rooting someone, particularly tracer missile nabs, on the huttball fire pads to be the most personal way to get a kill. You stare into each others eyes, both knowing whats about to happen, and watch as the flame consumes them. I wouldn't want to change this for the world.

I really don't see the issue. Sorry for not being constructive, but it's really not an issue. You can still do most abilities while rooted, which include passing.

Sure, if you're ranged.

And even still, Snipers can't even go into cover while rooted...Now tell me THAT is working as intended, LOL.

Ironically- sorcs get zero roots without speccing for them- and one root is so deep it's pretty much never taken, the other is very short range.

The classes that use roots the most are actually the marauder/juggernauts- so, please, mara/juggs, keep begging for BW to nerf your best and most used CC, and then enjoy as the good mara/juggs get furious at you for being bad.