Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Health

robertwdanger

This is a dumb question (I know), but i'm a level 50 (Guardian) and my health is only at 13000. One of my guild-mates mentioned it should be closer to 16000. Is it purely a gear thing? I'm all high level 50 gear. Maybe it is more of a spec thing? I'm almost entirely Vig spec. Maybe that's just the HP you get with a Vig spec?

If your HP is only around 13000 then you are not in high level 50 gear... You are in questing gear. Go do dailies on ilum/Belsavis to get your rakata earpiece/implant and get some 49/50 mods so you can do hard mode flashpoints. Or do pvp dailies to get your cent/champ gear. Edited by Raansu

My sorcerer has 17.4K HPs unbuffed; it's not related to spec so much as gear. Certain talent trees (namely tank trees) will have some extra endurance/hp-granting talents, but the vast majority of your endurance (which dictates your health pool) comes from gear. Run hardmode flashpoints and start in on normal mode operations and you'll see that health pool grow pretty quick.

(It's pretty funny when I'm helping to gear up a new tank for our guild and as the healer I have the most HPs in the group [not even wearing any pvp gear...]!)

Edited by Natarii

Most of your health will come from the Endurance stat on your gear. While your health is very low for a tanking character, it's not exceptionally low for a DPS character. So you may have gear mods that favor strength/aim/cunning/willpower/power/surge/crit over endurance, which is fine if you play as a damage dealer. If you are planning on tanking, then you need to find gear and armor that emphasizes Endurance over the other stats. These types of armor will usually come with Defense and/or Absorbtion as a secondary stat. So you may just need to adjust your gear to your character's desired job.

There are also some talents you can get in your skill tree that will boost your Endurance/health. I can't remember names, but they generally say "Increase character's Endurance by 1/2/3%." Tanks should almost always choose those skills, DPS characters can take them or leave them, depending on how survivable they are or want to be.

Since you're Vig spec, you shouldn't be too worried about your HP. You're DPS so you want to prioritize Str over End.

Keep getting better gear, and your HP will improve on their own. As long as you manage your aggro properly, you're not going to be too much of a burden on tanks or healers, even with low(ish) hit points.

In other words: you're DPS, not a big deal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.