Problem with crit crafting orange gear and removing purple mods.

Gidoru

If you can crit oranges to get an augment slot, then there has to be another way to get augment slots as well. Otherwise, the vendor orange sets like the Pilot sets will be useless. Same goes for any other future commendation based sets BioWare wants to introduce (and I'm sure there will be some).

An appearance tab would fix all of this.

You have set gear for the grind.

You have crafted gear for the highest potential of stats.

You have an appearance tab which makes ALL gear useful to someone.

But the way Bioware is going, you just have one continuous type that is always needed while everything else is wasted.

Edited by illgot

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can crit oranges to get an augment slot, then there has to be another way to get augment slots as well. Otherwise, the vendor orange sets like the Pilot sets will be useless. Same goes for any other future commendation based sets BioWare wants to introduce (and I'm sure there will be some).

You would think so, but then, thats coming from someone who has the foresight to think about the consequences of a change. But at the moment i quite frankly do not trust in Biowares ability to get it right. There have been too many changes (IILUM LOL) and things present in the game thus far to suggest that they may not infact fully consider the implications of the changes they make...thus the concern. Certainly its possible they will get it right and the system will exceed my expectations but id rather not give them the benefit of the doubt and raise my concerns now, maybe they will take notice or otherwise clarify the issue.

Edited by Gidoru

Orange gear is already the best gear from 1-50 until you get raid gear from doing 4man group content.....

Itemization in this WHOLE game is piss poor, this change just means that now you can keep the gear you got from Eseless/Black Talon until you quit the game.

Also, if you ask all the crafters, they will say that they are the ones that SHOULD be making the best gear in the game to keep the economy thriving.

THIS. If my armormech is pointless at end game, why did I spend 150 hours leveling it up? This actually sounds like a good solution to the problem for everyone, rather than just letting people PvP their way to the best gear. If people don't like to PvP as much as someone else, they should still have a chance to craft top notch gear via the crafting skills and the GTN. But it's got to be a money sink to compensate.

1) You still need to get the gear to get the mods. Some people may still prefer the look of the gear. Essentially, this just makes it so ALL gear is mod gear. Pick what you like the look of.

2)It is expensive to remove purple mods. Money sink.

3)Because people QQ'd on the forums.

4)It doesn't make orange BEST, it makes it equal.

It makes orange best because of the augment slot so if you want to get your toon as good as possible you'll need to use orange gear.

What happens now is that for example PvP sets as they are will be useless to wear and so will PvE sets.

Edited by PalawaJoko

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.