Bane vs Vader

BrandonSM

I dont get how Bane just became so strong. 1 min hes nothing then he trains with the Blademaster and in a few monthes kills him in a fight. Its like the deal with luke. If you know anything about combat you know that 1 or 2 years is nothing. You cant become a master of fighting art in 2 years let alone a damn jedi/sith master. Thats why i think the whole thing with bane and luke is crap. So then vader wins.

Which incarnation of Vader? And Majin Luke had his father's ability of quick learning, so it makes sense that he was able to be a good swordsmen in just a short time its something he was born with.

Vader and Bane in their primes.

And Bane quick-learnign was because he was the prophecized Sith'Ari. Basically the Chosen One for the Dark Side. He started the whole Ro2 and all that. So they had to make him God-Like.

And Vader was... well is the Almighty Chosen One. But since his injuries ended his potential pretty much, Luke reach the full potential.

Bane was a beast. i'm guessing they lept forward a bit because it wouldve been boring to read 10 years worth of training.

would you have preferred a book 9000 pages long. page 150 through 8500 to be...

'bane wakes up'

'bane meditates'

'bane reads some ancient manuscript'

'bane trains lightsaber skills for 9 hours'

'bane takes a smoke break'

'bane sleeps'

'bane sleeps some more'

'still sleeping - it's nighttime on korriban'

they had to obviously speed it up a bit. movies do this too. you can't do decades in real-time :D things have to be sped up for times-sake

If Bane is not in his Orbalisk armor and Vader is not in his suit. Vader wins. He has more force power and can use them against Bane as well as his ligthsaber.

Bane in his Orbalisk armor and Vader in his suit Bane detroyes Vader. The only thing that can work aganst the orbalisk is force lighting a technic that Vader can't use in his suit.That and they amplify Bane's force powers to a point where he is indestuctable.

If Bane is not in his Orbalisk armor and Vader is not in his suit. Vader wins. He has more force power and can use them against Bane as well as his ligthsaber.

Bane in his Orbalisk armor and Vader in his suit Bane detroyes Vader. The only thing that can work aganst the orbalisk is force lighting a technic that Vader can't use in his suit.That and they amplify Bane's force powers to a point where he is indestuctable.

Ya but its also his weakness, its a double edged sword.

Ya but its also his weakness, its a double edged sword.

It was a weakness as far as hiding that he was a Sith and Sublty needed to stay in hiding from the Jedi. I mean he really couldn't come up to some one and say "Hey I'm just a normal guy." With an orbalisk armor suit on could he?

It was a weakness as far as hiding that he was a Sith and Sublty needed to stay in hiding from the Jedi. I mean he really couldn't come up to some one and say "Hey I'm just a normal guy." With an orbalisk armor suit on could he?

Its other weakness was that if he had his helmet or gloves knocked off/destroyed, the orbalisk would spread over his body and kill him. Also if some orbalisks were destroyed they injected chemicals into the host which would kill them over a matter of days. So really Vader could still win in some form or another. The armor isn't an instant win button for Bane.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I dont get how Bane just became so strong. 1 min hes nothing then he trains with the Blademaster and in a few monthes kills him in a fight. Its like the deal with luke. If you know anything about combat you know that 1 or 2 years is nothing. You cant become a master of fighting art in 2 years let alone a damn jedi/sith master. Thats why i think the whole thing with bane and luke is crap. So then vader wins.

The Force. It's all about The Force.

Its other weakness was that if he had his helmet or gloves knocked off/destroyed, the orbalisk would spread over his body and kill him. Also if some orbalisks were destroyed they injected chemicals into the host which would kill them over a matter of days. So really Vader could still win in some form or another. The armor isn't an instant win button for Bane.

The helmet and mask were only used while he was sleeping so it takes time for them to grow. Second the only technic to destroy ther orbalisk is force lighting(a technic that vader can not use in his suit.) nothing else can stop them they are imune to light sabers, they absorb dark side power giving the host more power. All powers used against Bane get absorbed by the orbalisk and make Bane stronger.

The helmet and mask were only used while he was sleeping so it takes time for them to grow. Second the only technic to destroy ther orbalisk is force lighting(a technic that vader can not use in his suit.) nothing else can stop them they are imune to light sabers, they absorb dark side power giving the host more power. All powers used against Bane get absorbed by the orbalisk and make Bane stronger.

No. Like I said before Bane was stronger post-Orbalisks because the Orbalisks nearly killed 2-3 times and poisoned him. His mind was rotting from too much Raw Dark Side Energy.

Likewise, all of that rage could overload, he would stop thinking straight, he became a beast and Vader could take full advantage of that, what you seem to forget is that Vader was exactly the same, but even more so, his rage was not only immense, it kept him alive, it made him nearly unbeatable in combat, he could lose a limb and still carry on, he was practically unkillable, he stabbed himself through the chest with his lightsaber to kill Maul and many other injuries that would kill anyone else, Bane was A powerhouse, Vader was THE powerhouse, he was simply a better duellist as well, and he was stronger, Vader takes this in my opinion, never rely on the movies in an EU debate.

0k let me explain I am not saying Orbalisk Armor means bam Bane wins.

Bane no armor vs Vader no armor = Vader wins

Bane no armor vs Vader in suit = Vader wins

Bane with Armor vs Vader not in suit= Vader Wins

And Hell just for the fun of it Bane in armor vs Sidious= Sidiuos wins

The only way that Bane wins is when Vader is in his suit and Bane is in his orbalisk armor. Vader's suit is a robotic moving vetilator. It is run by machines. Short out the machines Vader is dead. No force technic that Vader uses can get past the orbalisk unless he wants to die also, no sword technic can work cause 1 the orbalisk block all light sabers and 2 if you manage to get the saber in an exposed area it atomaticlly gets healed. The only way I see Bane winning any duel with Vader is when he is wearing his armor and Vader is in his suit otherwise Vader wins.

Considering Starkiller combined Force Lightning and regular lightning from an Antennae and transferred it to Vader. Vader went down to one knee and stood right back up.

So the arguement, Vader's suit will short out is pointless.

Agreed. The thing about the lightning killing him if he used it was something people said was possible to prevent his further ascension to more power. And to explain why he didn't have lightning.

Considering Starkiller combined Force Lightning and regular lightning from an Antennae and transferred it to Vader. Vader went down to one knee and stood right back up.

So the arguement, Vader's suit will short out is pointless.

OK here is proof.

1.The novel Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader says he can't use force lighting

2.The Revenge of the Sith Visual Dictionary says he can't use force lighting

3.Quoted from wikia http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Anakin_Skywalker: It should be noted that Darth Vader, despite being a powerful Sith Lord, was unable to generate Force lightning. This was due to his cybernetic implants, and any attempt by Vader to generate it would cause it to backfire, electrocuting his life-support systems, causing it to short-circuit and kill him. This is ultimately how he was killed, as his act of redemption in saving his son caused him to be bombarded with the Emperor's lightning. Because Vader's Sith powers were limited due to his artificial limbs, Darth Sidious found him less than satisfactory as his heir to the Sith legacy, despite the effort Sidious spent for more than a decade to recruit Skywalker. Upon the discovery of Luke Skywalker, Palpatine concentrated on turning him to the dark side.

4Also from a wikia http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_lightning: There was, however, one case where Vader did use Force lightning. When Vader was in close proximity to the presence of the Kaiburr crystal on Circarpous V, the amplification effects of the Force caused his affinity with the dark side to expand. As a result, Vader was able to utilize this power(force lighting), a feat normally impossible for him.

Vader's cybernetics, as well as his artificial life support system, made him much more vulnerable to the damaging effects of Force lightning. This vulnerability would eventually contribute to his death.

5 From wookieepedia http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Force_Unleashed_II: Using the force, he(Starkiller) causes the remaining pylons to release a huge amount of electricity, which he then absorbs and uses to blast an incredible amount of Force Lightning at Vader, finally subduing him.

6. Want to see what happens here.From Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBa7n_a-vSc. Vader is on his knee and does not rise and is able to be caputed because he couldn't take another hit of force lighting.

Want more proof? Ok

6.Injuries of Darth Vader http://www.theforce.net/swtc/injuries.html: Vader's mortal injury was inflicted by the Emperor's lightning. The lightning which lashed Vader was of a lethal intensity. The energies which Palpatine had previously used to strike Luke were less powerful, intended merely to cause agony and torment. When Vader seized him, Palpatine was already intensifying his output, with the intention of finishing Luke. These discharges were absorbed by Vader rather than his son. The remarkable intensity of these final energetic bursts (exceeding the shocks that had tormented Luke) is evident in the way they heated Vader's bones enough for to glow visibly through his flesh and clothing. The outbursts were brief enough not to roast him totally, but the instantaneous peak power is remarkable. Luke's skeleton never reached this incandescence, even for an instant. By the sound of it, his mask's breather was broken. His armour was scorched and his electrical life support systems were probably ruined.

7. Count Dooku , Yoda and Sidiuos use force lighting in the movies. Vader never uses force lighting any way shape or form in any of the movies.

8. In no comics does Vader use force lighting.

9.Palpatine on at least one occasion threatened to use Force lightning against Vader as a way of showing how much more powerful the Emperor was in comparison and how easy it would be to dispose of him.Quoted: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Vader's_armor.

In the Suit Vader loses to Bane his armor.

If he used lightning then it would short out. But if someone else did besides the Emperor used lightning at him it wouldn't much damage.

For crying out loud he had his hand cut off and was severely injured and took the Most Powerful Sith Lord's lightning and was still alive.

Not even Yoda could take the Emperor's lightning.

Edit: I think you think that I said he could use lightning. I said that lightning being used agaisnt him to kill him instantly would be pointless. Not that he could use lightning.

He is canoncially, the Sith Lord with most Lightsaber resistance.

Edited by BrandonSM

If he used lightning then it would short out. But if someone else did besides the Emperor used lightning at him it wouldn't much damage.

For crying out loud he had his hand cut off and was severely injured and took the Most Powerful Sith Lord's lightning and was still alive.

Not even Yoda could take the Emperor's lightning.

Edit: I think you think that I said he could use lightning. I said that lightning being used agaisnt him to kill him instantly would be pointless. Not that he could use lightning.

He is canoncially, the Sith Lord with most Lightning resistance.

I made a mistake. I meant to say Lightning instead of lightsaber.