MMORR - Massively Multiplayer Online Railroad

EasyLee

This one time I played a game of dungeons and dragons where there was no illusion of choice or variability. The DM railroaded everyone through the campaign, giving is no say in what happened, when we went where, when we did what, or anything. He was the only one having fun, because he wrote it. Swtor feels like that.

Class storylines have next to no choice since we're running the same quests no matter what. We can't choose what world to go to since they all have a fixed level range and there's only one per range. There are only three, predetermined viable skill builds per class, as bioware has already stated they don't want multi-tree builds to be viable. Gear all does the same thing, just has different amounts of stats. There aren't even unique environments or special challenges, since everything is pretty much a flat space with some holes and cliffs. Hell, you can't even swim in this game it's so streamlined.

These are my thoughts after I played this game, took a month long break to play other games, and came back when some friends got this game. I'm sure someone is going to respond "if you don't like it don't play!" I'm already doing that.

This one time I played a game of dungeons and dragons where there was no illusion of choice or variability. The DM railroaded everyone through the campaign, giving is no say in what happened, when we went where, when we did what, or anything. He was the only one having fun, because he wrote it. Swtor feels like that.

Class storylines have next to no choice since we're running the same quests no matter what. We can't choose what world to go to since they all have a fixed level range and there's only one per range. There are only three, predetermined viable skill builds per class, as bioware has already stated they don't want multi-tree builds to be viable. Gear all does the same thing, just has different amounts of stats. There aren't even unique environments or special challenges, since everything is pretty much a flat space with some holes and cliffs. Hell, you can't even swim in this game it's so streamlined.

These are my thoughts after I played this game, took a month long break to play other games, and came back when some friends got this game. I'm sure someone is going to respond "if you don't like it don't play!" I'm already doing that.

enjoy this new response then.

If you aren't playing, don't post :)

Hope you're enjoying whatever games you're playing now - seems reasonable to stop playing a game you dont like, thats what I do when i play games I dont like.

Blame the 12 million people that played WoW. They purchased that game and supported the theme-park MMO.

Guess what BW/EA is giving the people? Themepark!

What was the most successful sandbox MMO, subscriber wise?

While I do admit Blizz have a lot to answer for (eg - attitude of general MMO player) WoW wasn't by any means as linear as this game. Now before you jump on your retaliation post i'd like to say i still enjoy this game :p

You mad bro?