The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can't obtain 5k crit in full BM gear, help?

Winguardian

Howdy fella's,

I'm trying to get 5k crits in wz's but so far highest I've been able to get is 4.8k (on low def target with all cds popped, and expertise buff from ground).

I'm using the battlemaster relic (235 critical and surge) and the power rakata adrenal (565). I found that stacking the relic with a surge adrenal is a waste cause you lose most of the surge that you gain cause of a cap around 79% (for reference, with the relic cd alone I get 78%).

I have 28% crit chance and 71% multiplier.

I can change out the mods on my gear if that's what's needed, but since the surge nerf I don't know if this is as good anymore (I'm using 4 pieces with the power/accuracy OR critical/accuracy enhancement, because I feel it makes HiB miss alot less, I currently have 98% accuracy).

I would love your input on how to better my gear (by swapping enhancements, I currently only have access to 56 ones from champion gear though).

Edited by Winguardian

So what surge % am I going for then? Without my relic popped (and swapping it for power). Cause to be frank if the cap is at 78-79% surge stacking shouldn't be the way to go.

I'm basisically asking someone who does hit 5k in lvl 50 wz's to tell me how he does it.. not just vague answers about swapping mods which costs alot of money and isn't backed up by any proof.

Edited by Winguardian

Ive topped at around 5.2k dmg on HiB as Vanguard. Ofc it was vs a 12-14k hp opponent so dont expect to hit 5ks on pvp-geared players. My stats are modded with 56-rating enhancement with crit/surge ratings in 4 columi (head/armor/hand/boot) resulting in 75% crit multiplier. And with power relic + rakata power adren i reach nearly 10,5k max dmg as vanguard.

Summary, all eliminator champion + 4 modded columi (for 8% dmg HiB) randomly giving me 5k medals in WZs. Ill try SS next time it happens along with my gear.

Edited by iHard

I'm thinking the person you are hitting has debuffs on them and you have friendly bufffs on yourself to be hitting that high. That is, these numbers are possible in warzones but probably not possible in a 1v1 duel in Ilum.

Anyone hit these kinds of numbers while running solo?

Got 2 5ks back to back earlier today in WZ.

Stats:

http://i40.tinypic.com/34iimtu.png

crits:

http://i42.tinypic.com/ed9mt.png

http://i39.tinypic.com/2e4enao.png

Like previous poster said, it only happens in WZ. Soloing is a different story :s.

Would like advice on what to improve as well if anyone see something wrong with my stats =)

PvE gear is the difference. What are your PvP %s at with your Expertise?

Thanks. You would have thought that BM PVP gear would be better in PVP for dmg up to the point where diminishing returns hurts. This suggests for the heavy hitting crit, and potentially more, that PVE gear could be better. Has anyone got a BM/PVE gear combo getting the <5k medals?

Try to stay at around 25% crit.

Then remove some of the mods that give crit and accuracy on BM gear.

Replace those with the mods from champion smuggler gloves that give

endurance, power and surge.

They give 23 endurance, so hp lost is low

You can also switch back to the champion weapon for the +72 power.

The dmg/stat gains are minimal if switching to BM weapon.

72 extra power and losing 3 expertise 3-4 min/max dmg and 77 crit.

Try it and see how it works out for you.

I'm a Powertech but figure same thing :)

In BM Gear and 4 Piece PvE Combat Tech (For 8% Rail Shot Damage/HIB Damage, and is yours the same name? if not just whatever set that is) I can get consistent 5K Crits a match. Upwards to a high of a 6134 Crit in a Warzone.

Since you are full BM adding the PvE set would make comparable gear to mine.

I also swapped out most mods with Power/Surge mods, I care not for crit and chance stats. But that's my preference. The extra power helps a lot. When fulled buff in a WZ the high end on my Railshot Tooltip is 2103 now just to put things in perspective.

Edited by exphryl

I'm a Powertech but figure same thing :)

In BM Gear and 4 Piece PvE Combat Tech (For 8% Rail Shot Damage/HIB Damage, and is yours the same name? if not just whatever set that is) I can get consistent 5K Crits a match. Upwards to a high of a 6134 Crit in a Warzone.

Since you are full BM adding the PvE set would make comparable gear to mine.

I also swapped out most mods with Power/Surge mods, I care not for crit and chance stats. But that's my preference. The extra power helps a lot. When fulled buff in a WZ the high end on my Railshot Tooltip is 2103 now just to put things in perspective.

This ^ its a shame that you have to mix pve/pvp gear to be a min/max pvper rather than just use the pvp gear. If you keep up with Taug's guides to powertech/vanguard pvp power is what you want.

You will knock out healers/tanks they won't know what hit them. The only kind of other class that I can think of that can put the initial hurt on in a hurry are good concealment ops and a gunnery commando/tracer bh who abuses alacrity adrenals/relics.

I get the good advice being commented on. However, for the avoidance of doubt, I am just confirming that you can get >5k damage in a hit as a VG in only PVP gear.

I have full BM gear in every slot except for the blue matrix cube as my second relic and have got the annihilator medal a few times in the last few days.

I can obtain it vs an undergeared player now (using 4 setbonus rakata combat tech set) basically if target has around 14.5k or lower I can get it.

Swapping out all my mods made me notice alot more misses on my HiB recently, am I imagining things or does accuracy really help in pvp? Like especially (don't know what class specifically) against those like blue translucent bubbles some classes have I seem to miss almost constantly with HiB.

Is stacking accuracy not a viable option to maximize your dps in pvp/pve? And if so what should I get percentage wise. I've heard people say 98% is good but can anyone back this up by numbers or is this just a guestimate?

All in all I don't really feel I should be having power surge mods if it only means a minor dmg gain (well enough to get the 5k medal at least) but I trade in alot of critical chance and having alot more of my HiB miss in pvp (dunno how this affects pve).

Edited by Winguardian

HIB is a ranged special attack, so it has a base 100% chance to hit. Just stack enough hit to get to 105% with Tech, and you'll also be at 105% with HIB. The only ability that actually uses the accuracy number on your ranged tab is Hammer Shot.

(...)

Swapping out all my mods made me notice alot more misses on my HiB recently, am I imagining things or does accuracy really help in pvp? Like especially (don't know what class specifically) against those like blue translucent bubbles some classes have I seem to miss almost constantly with HiB.

Here is your blue bubble:

Saber Ward

Raises a lightsaber ward, increasing melee and ranged defense by 50% and reducing the damage taken from Force and tech attacks by 25%. Lasts 12 seconds.

This is the Jedi Knight version, the Sith warrior one is red. (defense = deflect and parry)

I can add a green buble from smuggler and IA:

Evasion

Increases your chance to dodge melee and ranged attacks by 100% for 3 seconds. Does not break Stealth.

You will indead see "deflect" in those cases. You can consider using tech attack or CC the target instead of HIB.

Is stacking accuracy not a viable option to maximize your dps in pvp/pve? And if so what should I get percentage wise. I've heard people say 98% is good but can anyone back this up by numbers or is this just a guestimate?

All in all I don't really feel I should be having power surge mods if it only means a minor dmg gain (well enough to get the 5k medal at least) but I trade in alot of critical chance and having alot more of my HiB miss in pvp (dunno how this affects pve).

IMO the key is more to stack power than surge and get rid of some the accuracy from HL items.

Even BW knows the HL items have too much accuracy

Accuracy will help against tanks with defense stuff or blue bubbles. Fact is most tanks avoid the defense stuff in PvP because all the tech/force attacks ignore the defense/shield.

Edited by Hyrune