Official Q&A Thread for March 2nd, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

At one the conventions I went too, you talked about the possibility of some companion characters leaving us. You also mentioned that new companion characters would be possible in the future. Do you have an idea yet of how far away they may be or perhaps what update?

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several Datacrons are inaccessible due to the larger body types not fitting into certain areas. Is there a fix coming soon to the body types or the locations/access to these datacrons which will allow characters with these body types to access the datacrons and the associated lore/stat increase.

There has been alot of talk about legacy skills and powers will some of these talents allow different classes to use another classes ability such as a Juggernaut who uses a single saber, be able to use t double saber or vise versa with marauder being able to use a double saber

Will we see support for clientside mods? as in UI moddding, Item retexturing, etc. think KOTOR/dragonage modding. Bioware games has been known to have great modding communities, and i would love to be part of that.

You mention that you're working on improving the game's FPS for "low to mid end" game machines, but even high end machines that far exceed this game's specifications have problems in crowded areas like Illum. Currently a possible solution exists that works for some by creating specialized cache files in RAM. Are you going to implement an FPS solution or solutions that remove the need for this and address both the lack of GPU utilization that has been reported in some forum threads and the need for the game to stop rendering graphics entirely if it needs to retrieve new data that is not related to graphics rendering/processing?

You had mentioned in a previous Q&A that other races will be playable with the coming of the legacy system, but there have been varied takes on what exactly this means. Are the "races" being added other races we see in the game as NPCs or solely race/class/faction combinations that we haven't had previously available or a bit of both?

Upon viewing some of the different class quests on Youtube, I have been wondering about how some of the major plot decisions in the specific stories can be kept indepentent between the classes, yet somehow also be used to drive an overall game plot forward. While I know there are technical and gameplay reasons to keep the threads from interefering with one another, I can't help but think to myself, as I watch some of these videos, that these major decisions cannot logicaly be confined to only affecting one person.

The foremost example I can think of is the various decisions relating to the Dark Council - we have multiple characters that are either dead, imprisoned, or still in power. This has to effect at least the Inquisitor and Warrior at some point.

At this point, the game functions like 8 seperate strings, winding their own pattern. But at some point, are we going to see the strings become a spider-web?

Is there ever going to be implementation of a flashpoint queue? I know I have ahd a hard time finding people to do flashpoints with me just because there are not enough of my level in one area to form a group. Will there also be an Operations queue as well?

Is there any plans on adding the option to change the cosmetic look of an already created character?(Hair style, make up, ect ect.

I've talked with many people and I've noticed this is something a big part of the community would love!

I would love to be able to manage my companions and put them to work when im not able to log in, say when im at work. A Swotr app would allow me to monitor, check swotr mail and deploy companions from my smartphone. While an online portal could offer a more robust experience where I can check stats and ranking for those into pvp, or just dream about and check out what awesome end game gear would look like on my character.

How receptive are you all as a team to expanding this game further in peoples lives through such opportunities. Hope my question makes it!

-Wizdome

Edited by Wizdome

Hi, I was just wondering if you guys were planning on adding any new playable races, for instance the Kel Dor like Plo Koon would be amazing:D especially if you guys make that race playable for empire too, if you doo ad new races will you add the choice to change an already made character to that race?

My last question is, is there any further news on whether or not people will have the choice at somepoint or at multiple points to decide to switch sides?

Is 1-50 level crafting going to be improved?To RE a item will they change how even after 20 tries it won't convert green to blue.It has happened twice.Including tonight.It is a bit much.

Will we be getting account banks?I think just on the cutting down on emailing and the in and out it would cut down on the stress on the system.Just a thought.

Will we be allowed to give are commendations to our alts?Sometimes it seems playing the game is like a bureaucracy.That isn't fun.Games are suppose to be fun.