What Class do you fear the most? How do you match up?

Pain-

id agree that 1v1 duel potential is pretty high. for an RDPS, we're pretty tanky with CDs available. Being non-CCable for 20 seconds can end a fight, honestly.

I've brough a marauder down to the "OH CRAP I NEED MY LAME 99% damge reducer!" in the duration of a single Entrench, and then just held the Takedown until he was vulnerable.

Not to say thats always going to happen, or anything, but 1v1, with no outside influences, as a sniper i feel pretty tank for an RDPS.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The easiest way to counter a lethality sniper as an MM sniper is to shoot him while he's shooting someone else. Lethality sucks at target switches due to the 40 energy that it costs to reapply DoTs and the cooldown on corrosive grenade. As MM it is much easier to do a hard switch to a different target.

In my experience the deciding factors in order of importance in a sniper vs. sniper fight are:

1.) Who got the jump on who.

2.) Who has the most cooldowns available.

3.) Individual player skill.

4.) Gear.

5.) Spec.

Also, if it wasn't already obvious, I'm talking about warzones here obviously. If you're talking about duels, who cares?

But I boil 1 on 1's down to simplicity.

If you are playing well... realize that they cannot use their stun breaks on you. They MUST save it for flashbang. So you can root them every 9 seconds, debilitate them whenever up, knock them back etc. If they waste it? Flash bang them, move farther and let them deal with a full barrage over again (while rooting them still)

That said, I still maintain if you are having trouble 1v1 with a sniper against other classes, you may want to just come to the conclusion that you are just not that good :/ I absolutely LOVE my sniper, Marksman Spec and routinely beat all classes 1 v 1. My earlier post just highlights who are the most difficult for me. The tank assassins still pose me by far the most problem, and I lose to them probably 70% of the time.

How do you reconcile having a 30% win rate against tank assassins with your statement that you routinely beat all classes one on one?

Because he is probably playing on one of that RP-PvE servers where company of old friends roleplay PvP thinking they ABSOLUTELY devaste every hobo in greens with their huge e-peen.

There are another places where BM assas in mixed tank/madness spec with 20 k + hp singlehandely eat a pile of such MM snipers for breakfast if they wan't to instead of paying attention to the ball.

This is a fun post: Fear? and Match up?

Fear: Operatives and Assassins. How do I fair? Poorly. Why? They are not behind me unless they have most if not all of their stuns or dps cooldowns running, or my cool downs have been blown. The lead they get is usually too great.

Anyone who says they own that situation is ignorant of the another player "helping" them out.

Giggles: Tank specced anything. If I have my cool downs available, I can take the hits, and wear the tank down, especially as lethality.

Giggles: Other snipers. I don't generally like to just sit and trade shots. In those rare times when I do, and each player plays perfectly, then the best gear wins.

Rather than crow about those few 1 v 1 matches. What is more fun is those moments that we all have when the tank specced what ever has been beating on you for a while, and your lives are roughly even. He is hitting for 1K or so, then you debilitate, head shot for a big number, 4.2 is my best. GG run about 10 steps and get shived by an operative, who likely was smiling the whole time.

Rather than crow about those few 1 v 1 matches. What is more fun is those moments that we all have when the tank specced what ever has been beating on you for a while, and your lives are roughly even. He is hitting for 1K or so, then you debilitate, head shot for a big number, 4.2 is my best.

You can't use head shot in PvP. Are you talking about ambush?

68 Valor Sniper on The Fatman Server.

Used to play MM until 65 Valor, then i switched to hybrid eng/leth and its just the best pvp spec out there.

Mobility and crazy damage.

a good geared OPS is definitely the hardest to kill, everything else can by kited/rooted/dots.

Edited by DestyOwn

How do you reconcile having a 30% win rate against tank assassins with your statement that you routinely beat all classes one on one?

Easily..

Routine means - Something that is done often .. does not indicate percentage or even if you are the one winning the most.

So yah, their more difficult, but to be honest, I dont expect to beat every class .. something i have accepted.