Any damage should break any CC! Balance the game Bioware

SaerethDL

Umm hey dude if all CC would break when being damaged NOBODY would have this problem. I wasnt talking about my class :confused:

BH/Troopers have a stun. IA/Smugglers have a stun. You know, I'm wondering. Have you ever played an MMO before? And if you have, have you ever played PvP in said MMO?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BH/Troopers have a stun. IA/Smugglers have a stun. You know, I'm wondering. Have you ever played an MMO before? And if you have, have you ever played PvP in said MMO?

I'm wondering do you not always think you know everything about everyone? How could you possibly know how many MMO's ive played when you know nothing about me. I'm getting tired of the trolls :rolleyes:

I'm wondering do you not always think you know everything about everyone? How could you possibly know how many MMO's ive played when you know nothing about me. I'm getting tired of the trolls :rolleyes:

If I knew, I wouldn't have asked the question. The way you talk and whine about stuns makes me think that you've never actually played any sort of player vs. player in any MMO ever. It's a part of the game. If you're getting zerged by 8 people, it's because you're not getting help from your teammates. You know, the other guys that are in this "team oriented" Warzone along with you.

Quite frankly, the way you ardently defend yourself despite the complete lack of foundation for your argument makes you seem much more troll-like than anyone else who has posted in response. A stun is there for a reason. Every MMO has them. It's the only true form of crowd control that doesn't break on damage. They never have and likely never will. Get over it.

Basicly all I'm hearing is either A) I need a pocket healer, or B) I need to L2P (with logically doesnt make sense since I'm not allowed to do anything under the CC but take damage by multiple targerts.)

So with that being said unless anyone has a better option, they need to make it so all CC is broken by damage, this would make huttball and all other warzones alot more fun to play. Thanks

Edited by Saereth_Darklighter

If I knew, I wouldn't have asked the question. The way you talk and whine about stuns makes me think that you've never actually played any sort of player vs. player in any MMO ever. It's a part of the game. If you're getting zerged by 8 people, it's because you're not getting help from your teammates. You know, the other guys that are in this "team oriented" Warzone along with you.

Quite frankly, the way you ardently defend yourself despite the complete lack of foundation for your argument makes you seem much more troll-like than anyone else who has posted in response. A stun is there for a reason. Every MMO has them. It's the only true form of crowd control that doesn't break on damage. They never have and likely never will. Get over it.

I'm not whining about stuns, you cant read. I'm only complaining about a CC that isn't interrupt-able when being damaged, go somewhere else and flame people pls.

I'm not whining about stuns, you cant read. I'm only complaining about a CC that isn't interrupt-able when being damaged, go somewhere else and flame people pls.

Which is only stuns. Which means you're complaining about stuns. Do you not realize that you're pretty much the only person complaining about this? And I'll just go ahead and assume that you haven't played any other MMOs because you continue to sidestep the question. This is a common thing in MMOs. It will always be like this. If you don't like it, go play CoD or BF3.

Umm hey dude if all CC would break when being damaged NOBODY would have this problem. I wasnt talking about my class :confused:

Because people wouldn't use it anymore if all CC/stuns get broken by any damage, oh great, let's nerf some more instead of coming up with some real alternatives.

-brief CC immunity 1-1.5 seconds after break free from one CC/stun effect.

-A second breakout skill for everyone with a 5 mins cooldown, this way everyone can resist twice early on in the fight.

-Teammates breaking each other free of CC/stun via some pvp skill with an appropriate cooldown (3-6 mins).

There are ways of making CC's/stun less annoying than making it obsolete, they are a part of the game, making any damage break all CC/stun would unbalance it towards CC's/stun being useless or have even shorter cooldowns because of it to balance it back.

It's fine as it is, if you're getting CC'd/stun to hell by people now you really need to start playing better.

Edited by Talorya

Which is only stuns. Which means you're complaining about stuns. Do you not realize that you're pretty much the only person complaining about this? And I'll just go ahead and assume that you haven't played any other MMOs because you continue to sidestep the question. This is a common thing in MMOs. It will always be like this. If you don't like it, go play CoD or BF3.

NO, not all CC are interruptable by damage, please get your facts straight. Alot of stuns and CC are breakable, this is fine because it gives time for the attackee to run off if they after too soft to combat close quarters, but if they decide to turn around and attack the person they cc'd instead, then it should logically break the CC for a fair fight.

And ill go ahead and answer your question, I've been playing mmo's since everquest. I played SWG pre-cu, cu, and left NGE.. I played wow until Lich King.. i played rift, DAOC, guild wars., EVE online. Anything else you want to know? Oh i was also beta tester for SWTOR for over 10 months as a general tester. Thanks for your guess though, pretty far off.

Because people wouldn't use it anymore if all CC/stuns get broken by any damage, oh great, let's nerf some more instead of coming up with some real alternatives.

-brief CC immunity 1-1.5 seconds after break free from one CC/stun effect.

-A second breakout skill for everyone with a 5 mins cooldown, this way everyone can resist twice early on in the fight.

-Teammates breaking each other free of CC/stun via some pvp skill with an appropriate cooldown (3-6 mins).

There are ways of making CC's/stun less annoying than making it obsolete, they are a part of the game, making any damage break all CC/stun would unbalance it towards CC's/stun being useless or have even shorter cooldowns because of it to balance it back.

It's fine as it is, if you're getting CC'd/stun to hell by people now you really need to start playing better.

I have to agree these suggestions are way better than the comments, "L2P". But again, start playing better? Again you know nothing about me, you havent played me in a warzone, and you really don't know how good or bad I am to make a judgement like that. I'm the only SM i've seen on my server get 440k dmg in a warzone without a pocket healer and it not being voidstar, I'm also pretty feared on my server, that doesnt defeat the fact its still not FAIR if i get CC'd and the only choice for me is to DIE.. there is no other option, there is no other way out..

I'm melee im not ranged.. How do you go for the huttball or defend/attack a voidstar door without being in the middle of everything? If i get cc'd unbreakable then I'm dead without the ability to do anything about it. Whatever you say can't justify the fact that I don't have a fighting chance.. that i DON't get a choice to play better. Use your heads, lets make this game better instead of agreeing with the masses or being another sheep in the herd. Warzones would be alot more fun without that crap, for every class.

I have to agree these suggestions are way better than the comments, "L2P".

I still say don't exclude root etc from resolve bar.

They are, whatever way you look at it, CC, just not in this game.

On top of that, just reduce the CC duration in PVP.

And I mean, in PVP, so when fighting another player controlled characterwherever the hell that may be.

Not just in Warzones, like you did with expertise adrenals.

NO, not all CC are interruptable by damage, please get your facts straight. Alot of stuns and CC are breakable, this is fine because it gives time for the attackee to run off if they after too soft to combat close quarters, but if they decide to turn around and attack the person they cc'd instead, then it should logically break the CC for a fair fight.

And ill go ahead and answer your question, I've been playing mmo's since everquest. I played SWG pre-cu, cu, and left NGE.. I played wow until Lich King.. i played rift, DAOC, guild wars., EVE online. Anything else you want to know? Oh i was also beta tester for SWTOR for over 10 months as a general tester. Thanks for your guess though, pretty far off.

Uh huh. If that was the case, why did you continue to play these MMOs when all of them involve stuns in their PvP? It doesn't need to be changed. You need to learn that PvP is a team game, not a "you" game. Once again. Get over it.

And dude up there was right. You're trolling.

While i dont completely agree with the OP, I do agree that crowd control needs a major adjustment.

Just the fact that someone can be snared/rooted indefinitely is just silly in my opinion.

I just think diminishing returns needs to be FAR more strict. Oh and our CC breaking skill needs to add 5 seconds of CC immunity. Whats the point in a CC break if you just get immediately CC'd again after using it? Was I supposed to wait until the second or third CC to use my CC break? You wait that long and you're dead.

Fix resolve is the major issue at hand. That's it.

Marauder.... who can't handle a sorc....

So, how'd you earn your BM? Kill trading on Ilum, because I find it hard to believe you did it by learning how to play your class well in actual pvp.

You make it sound a lot easier than it is. Equally geared, sent vs healing sorc requires perfect execution on the part of the sentinel. Knockback, force speed, bubble, cleanse (I'll get to this one later) stun and whirlwind. All of these are tools that essentially reset the fight.

Next, you have to keep an interrupt on dark infusion and revivification (and not get baited into kicking a dark healing or innervate. I generally interrupt innervate with force leap if they've blown their kb.) and keep heal debuff on with 100% uptime. Then, assuming you get them to the execute zone, you have to time force stasis perfectly straight into an execute or they will likely bubble (once every 20 seconds absorbing~ 6k damage feated also it should be noted a 30% run speed buff on bubble as well, not sure how popular that talent is though) and force speed. Fail at any of these points and you can't kill them.

Then we have cleanse. With the feat it cleanses 2 force effects, and all physical effects. It has a 4.5 second cooldown, it's instant cast, and it costs a measly 15 force. (not that sorcs are limited by their mechanic in any way shape or form.). Now, for watchman sents, (the most popular pvp spec by a long shot) a good majority of their dps and burst potentional comes from stacking their two dots. Both are on a 15 second cooldown. So, a cleanse every 4.5 seconds can easily destroy any chance a sentinel has to kill a sorc. Also it cleanses our 50% snare lmao.

Killing a merc or op healer is far, far easier than killing a sorc. Laughably so.

Edited by Pantheros

A high cost, you say? I didn't realize activating it at 5% health and therefore losing a tiny bit of my health bar was so costly. Oh, you mean like if I used it when I'm at full health. Yeah, that would be fu#%in' stupid.

If you even get the chance to activate it at 5% then your dead anyway. If you play a Marauder then you would know this. So yeah, regardless it is a high cost. it is 99% not 100%. Dots will kill you if you get no heals.

/shake head.

And one last tidbit here. If you're being attacked by 8 people, it doesn't matter how long your CDs are, you're gonna die. Even without CC.

Not true, I have health packs, Berserk heals, force cloak, clip. I never said anything about being attacked by 8 people, but i have a fair chance of living if not cc'd

Every time ic a thread like this it makes me happy BW does not look so much at these forums to get opinions totally biased gave by not qualified players.

Yeah thats why people aren't resubbing and the servers population are at all all-time low after only 3 months. Lets make the game the way you want it so you can play all by yourself :D. This game isnt perfect and you need to understand it needs a lot of improvements in every aspect, pvp is one of them.