the 'bubble' is overpowered, nerf it!

Vambro

If you're going to claim that a Sentinel should be able to kill a healing Sorc 1v1 or they're "bad" then you obviously have some proof, right? I mean, you wouldn't just be talking out your *** or anything, right?

My proof is every other sent/mara that isn't terribad.

Two people off the top of my head that want sorcs nerfed, Tumri and biowareftw. Want more? Tiji from Wound in the Force, as well as Solaris from Wound in the Force.

Edited by TetraCleric

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Most skills, even crits, do not pop a 3.2k+ bubble.

Another Sorc myth.

Lolwut? My bubble gets knocked off all the time by crits and even some non crits. Mara sand snipers especially. And its not like I have a piddly little bubble. I've got 560 expertise and decent stats. At current gear levels a 3.2k bubble is pretty high. Pve bis will only give you like 3450 I believe. I think I have just past a 3.2k bubble in pvp gear. More maths when I get home.

Lolwut? My bubble gets knocked off all the time by crits and even some non crits. Mara sand snipers especially. And its not like I have a piddly little bubble. I've got 560 expertise and decent stats. At current gear levels a 3.2k bubble is pretty high. Pve bis will only give you like 3450 I believe. I think I have just past a 3.2k bubble in pvp gear. More maths when I get home.

By what abilities? Most people seem to curiously omit this.

"My bubble gets one shot all the time!"

"How?"

"A crit!"

"From whatZ"

"You're bad!"

Edited by EternalFinality

If you're going to claim that a Sentinel should be able to kill a healing Sorc 1v1 no problems or they're "bad" then you obviously have some proof, right? I mean, you wouldn't just be talking out your *** or anything, right?

No, you're horrible if you're a Sent and can't kill a Sorc in 1v1. Especially if you have PVP gear, lol.

Your class is MADE for dueling and MADE for group situations. All of your utility effects the group. The speed buffs and the damage buffs you provide are second to one in this game... As far as fights go, you can probably last longer with 10% HP left than any Sorc can going 100% to dead.

Any good Sent/Mara will tell you the same thing, lol. You're just emerassing yourself with your idiotic posts.

That's actually exactly what it means. Damage per second. 1000 damage per second. In one second, you did 1000 damage. In 2 seconds, you did 2000 damage.

Let's say the GCD is 1 sec, for simplicity's sake.

Let use say I do 1500 damage in one ability, then 500 damage in the next. I did 1K DPS for two seconds, but I did not do 1k damage every second.

DPS is average damage over time, the "steadiness" of that damage is not implicated at all.

No, you're horrible if you're a Sent and can't kill a Sorc in 1v1. Especially if you have PVP gear, lol.

Your class is MADE for dueling and MADE for group situations. All of your utility effects the group. The speed buffs and the damage buffs you provide are second to one in this game... As far as fights go, you can probably last longer with 10% HP left than any Sorc can going 100% to dead.

Any good Sent/Mara will tell you the same thing, lol. You're just emerassing yourself with your idiotic posts.

Yes, and I can kill most classes and specs 1v1, except two. Healing Sorcs/Sages, and healing Mercs/Commandos.

If they are skilled and geared it's simply not possible with the tools both classes have at the current time.

Let's say the GCD is 1 sec, for simplicity's sake.

Let use say I do 1500 damage in one ability, then 500 damage in the next. I did 1K DPS for two seconds, but I did not do 1k damage every second.

DPS is average damage over time, the "steadiness" of that damage is not implicated at all.

You're right. But as you said, DPS is an average, and saying 1k DPS is implying 1000 damage in one second, whether that is the truth of the numbers or not, that is the implication. Over the span of those two seconds, you did 2k damage, which as an average, is 1k a second. Obviously because of the nature of the abilities you used, that's not the actual damage ouput, but when you average it out, it is.

You're right. But as you said, DPS is an average, and saying 1k DPS is implying 1000 damage in one second, whether that is the truth of the numbers or not, that is the implication. Over the span of those two seconds, you did 2k damage, which as an average, is 1k a second. Obviously because of the nature of the abilities you used, that's not the actual damage ouput, but when you average it out, it is.

We know what the definition of dps is. What is your point, exactly? Did you ever have one?

You aren't the first Sorc to pretend they are easily defeated and you won't be the last.

First off, I don't play a healing sorc anymore. Second off, I'm not really easily defeated. But I attribute that to the amazing lack of skill/awareness that most people on my server possess. Most people would rather admit the problem lies elsewhere than look at their own gameplay to see what they can change to maximize their effectiveness. You are one of those players.

Nope, I play a 31 madness build because having a root as a separate ability is infinitely better than relying on a melee range knockback.

Oh, so you're a bad Sorc with a bad spec. It's starting to make sense now. That's why you think Sentinels can kill you easily.

I'd like you to provide a video of someone killing a geared healing Sorc who doesn't suck in a 1v1 situation.

Any class. Go ahead.

there was that battlemaster operative video...

completely owned a battlemaster healing sorcerer.

starts around 1:00.

That sorcerer could've perhaps had another bubble, but that's about it.

Force speed? probably used that to get to the node to prevent the cap to begin with.

Of course you're going to say, BUT THE SORCERER DIDN'T HAVE ALL HIS CDs!

Well the operative was out of stealth to start the fight... so...

edit: the bubble lasted for a whole GCD. it was amazing.

Edited by Acyu