I cant compete with Biochems. Should i drop artifice?

SaerethDL

L2P is general statement.. im SM BM average over 330k a warzone, have gotten 440k max, i dont reallly think your competition for me but I'm not gonna assume that. All i'm saying is a don't want biochem, but seems i need to have it to fully max out my potential. I want to keep artifice :(

What I find shocking is you did that without biochem? No one is forcing you to do any profession. Pick one you like and roll with it. Don't want to be biochem, make an alt and provide yourself your own stims/adrenals/medpacks. Don't want to do that? Then don't and continue rolling through pvp zones like you are.

These constant threads about a reusable that isn't as good as the ones available to everyone is just insane. Sure they are expensive to make, if you want to contribute on these forums in any way shape or form, why doesn't everyone start raging about materials costs and the difficulties involved in obtaining said materials. Once materials are easier to obtain, costs of said consumables will come more in line.

If biochem is so OP in pvp and so required to be effective in pvp, then make biochem consumables/reusables invalid in pvp. Problem solved.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find shocking is you did that without biochem? No one is forcing you to do any profession. Pick one you like and roll with it. Don't want to be biochem, make an alt and provide yourself your own stims/adrenals/medpacks. Don't want to do that? Then don't and continue rolling through pvp zones like you are.

These constant threads about a reusable that isn't as good as the ones available to everyone is just insane. Sure they are expensive to make, if you want to contribute on these forums in any way shape or form, why doesn't everyone start raging about materials costs and the difficulties involved in obtaining said materials. Once materials are easier to obtain, costs of said consumables will come more in line.

If biochem is so OP in pvp and so required to be effective in pvp, then make biochem consumables/reusables invalid in pvp. Problem solved.

They cost too much dude, i just told you.. almost 200k-300k a warzone is not doable for... anyone

While I won't say that Biochem isn't the cheapest way to go out fulfilling your potential. If you're talking about "Max potential", Biochem is the last thing you'll need. As has been stated, the Exotech stuff is better than Rakata.

Also, When I hit BM and no longer have a use for Warzone commendations, you can bet that even as a Biochem, I'm going to be spending all my commendations on Expertise Adrenals and Battleground Medpacks. They are better than Exotech for Warzones. I personally wouldn't view an Exotech Stim as too expensive, because they still last for 2 hours, and last through death.

Ultimately, what I think you are asking for is a mix of "Max potential" MIXED with convenience. If that truly is the case then yes, Biochem is the answer for you.

At least until the Devs see sense and adjust the quantities produced or cost to produce biochem consumables. At the moment, high prices are as high as they are because that's how much it costs to make, not because people are trying to rip other people off.

They need to let everyone use reusables or take them out entirely... it's a definite clear-cut advantage that from my understanding, no other crafting profession has. I'm an armormech and can make rakata belts and vambraces, but everyone else can get those through other means too. Why can't I get reuseables? Why does one profession get something that definitely puts it above others? Why the hell should I have to change from the crafting profession that I like and chose when I first started playing the game just to make the game more fair? Edited by Spacemanbobr

There was a comment on the PTS forms that they were changing Artifice in 1.2 to make it viable as a end game crafting profession.

What exactly that means they didn't say but there's apparently changes coming soon to Synthweaving and Artifice.

DO NOT DROP ARTIFICE. THEY ARE BUFFING IT IN THE NEXT PATCH.

Right now we can buy in the public test server the future color crysts of the game, Cyan, Purple, White, etc. WHITE is 2.5 million credits for the lvl 50 version. if the schematic of it in patch 1.2 is gonna be that much. boy ur gonna make some money.

They cost too much dude, i just told you.. almost 200k-300k a warzone is not doable for... anyone

As long as they take 25+ minutes to make one single stim/pack/adrenal, mats could be free and they'll carry a hefty price.

They really should be made in quantities of 5 or 10, with crits giving 20. That is the only real way the market price on them is going to drop low enough to be worthwhile.

umm if you have all 3 schems for pink crystals why the F*** would u drop art? when you can sell those for 350k plus pending on the demand could prob sell for over 500k

yea pvp is important and biochem is the s*** i dropped art for bio because they're just too good to pass up even for non pvp increasing my damage rating from 580 to 620 and my cast rate by 585 is nuts.

ps. that one guy is a

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.1.0/rise-rakghouls

Biochem

Biochem medpacks that heal a player and their companion no longer revive defeated companions.

All Energized, Exotech, and Rakata adrenals and stims now require 400 Biochem for use.

The Exotech Medpac is now named "Exotech Med Unit." Its overall healing has been reduced and is now in line with similar level medpacs, and it temporarily increases the maximum health of its targets. Use of this item now requires 400 Biochem.

The amount healed by Rakata Medpacs has been reduced. This item now additionally increases maximum health briefly. Use of this item now requires 400 Biochem.

and then:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.1.2/272012

Biochem

Energized and Exotech stims and adrenals no longer require Biochem to use.

Energized and Exotech stims and adrenals are no longer bound, allowing them to be traded or sold to other players.

Rakata reusable stims and adrenals have been reduced in power, providing buffs equal to Energized stims and adrenals. However, the tooltips for these items have not been updated and will still display old values.

The Exotech Med Unit schematic obtained from the Eternity Vault Operation now functions properly and can be learned.

As far as I know, there are not any reusable Exotech ones though. The RAW Hp difference is minut when compared to the usefulness of reusable. It's like a 2% difference and is only applicable in PvE, since PvP warzone medpak is 35% of max HP.

Edited by L-RANDLE

Rakata relics can crit an augment slot. so 2 rakata relics with critted augment slots has a greater stat advantage over a rakata stim assuming you use a blue stim which lasts through death. (I'm still trying to craft mine, but a guildie has a mastercrafted alcarity one).

For medpacs and adrenals just use the wz commendations one.