I cant compete with Biochems. Should i drop artifice?

SaerethDL

I can't compete with biochems in pvp because it just cost way to much to even be close to their same level. So should i drop the crafting profession i like so I can have the same advantages or is bioware going to make any changes about this?

I think there is something wrong here bioware as most everyone i know have already dropped their professions for biochem just to have the same advantage and use the rakata reuseables? So what should be done i ask you.

Edited by Saereth_Darklighter

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't compete with biochems in pvp because it just cost way to much to even be close to their same level. So should i drop the crafting profession i like so I can have the same advantages or is bioware going to make any changes about this?

If you are only using stuff from Biochem, and nothing from the crafting profession you have....

roll an alt with biochem and make your own pots, stims etc ?

not like you have to lvl the toon up to 50

o you mean the stuff that only biochem crafters can use ? oops yes sorry just realised

Edited by maxilo

If you are only using stuff from Biochem, and nothing from the crafting profession you have....

I make crystals (all 3 pink patterns) for the guild. I'm a battlemaster SM but i've realized to max my potential and to have a fair fight I need biochem. All biochems with the rakata reuseable have a pretty decent advantage. It cost too much to keep the medics, stims, adrenals.. to keep up with a biochem i'd have to spend at lest 200k a day on warzones alone and its still no equal as the rakata versions are better than anything i can buy on the market right now..

roll an alt with biochem and make your own pots, stims etc ?

not like you have to lvl the toon up to 50

This is not gonna work since the resuseable rakata's and adrenals are the best. Also the medpack. Its like having an extra relic then +30 on top of your primary stat above the ones you can buy in the market.

I make crystals (all 3 pink patterns) for the guild. I'm a battlemaster SM but i've realized to max my potential and to have a fair fight I need biochem. All biochems with the rakata resuseable have a pretty decent advantage. It cost to much to keep the medics, stims, adrenals.. to keep up with a biochem i'd have to spend at lest 200k a day on warzones alone and its still no equal as the rakata versions are better than anything i can buy on the market right now..

100% wrong. The rakata medpac is worse than level 48 blue medpac which HoTs in addition to the same heal amount.

100% wrong. The rakata medpac is worse than level 48 blue medpac which HoTs in addition to the same heal amount.

Maybe on that not on anything else, i wouldnt know cause the 48 blue medpac cost 20K+ just for one use. Most people cannot afford that... sorry

make your BoP relics then drop it and take up biochem ..

as biochem is the only .. ONLY crewskill that has a req for an item that you craft it is better..

all the rakata BopS people seem to crafting for them selves then dropping the crewskill then getting biochem .. so follow everyone else as it does seem best ..

at least until bioware sit down and have a serious look of how badly they screwed up with crafting.

This is not gonna work since the resuseable rakata's and adrenals are the best. Also the medpack. Its like having an extra relic then +30 on top of your primary stat above the ones you can buy in the market.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.1.0/rise-rakghouls

Biochem

Biochem medpacks that heal a player and their companion no longer revive defeated companions.

All Energized, Exotech, and Rakata adrenals and stims now require 400 Biochem for use.

The Exotech Medpac is now named "Exotech Med Unit." Its overall healing has been reduced and is now in line with similar level medpacs, and it temporarily increases the maximum health of its targets. Use of this item now requires 400 Biochem.

The amount healed by Rakata Medpacs has been reduced. This item now additionally increases maximum health briefly. Use of this item now requires 400 Biochem.

and then:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.1.2/272012

Biochem

Energized and Exotech stims and adrenals no longer require Biochem to use.

Energized and Exotech stims and adrenals are no longer bound, allowing them to be traded or sold to other players.

Rakata reusable stims and adrenals have been reduced in power, providing buffs equal to Energized stims and adrenals. However, the tooltips for these items have not been updated and will still display old values.

The Exotech Med Unit schematic obtained from the Eternity Vault Operation now functions properly and can be learned.

Edited by Drewser

The OP has a valid point, although it has been stated by devs that biochem and cybertech will be changed so that players will not have to take either profession to be viable in pvp. I'm too lazy to provide a link to source.

Perhaps BW's timeline for fix does not fit OP's?

Hey.... Mr. Terrible.... Biochems' medpac's are boe along with their adrenals, and stims. If you can't afford to buy them one time, you don't deserve them. The stim is only 20 of the stat of your choicel less, the medpac heals for exactly the same as the rakkata, and the adrenal is just as good. What's wrong with you?

The OP has a valid point, although it has been stated by devs that biochem and cybertech will be changed so that players will not have to take either profession to be viable in pvp. I'm too lazy to provide a link to source.

Perhaps BW's timeline for fix does not fit OP's?

Stop posting on the forums. Just stick to reading.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.1.0/rise-rakghouls

Biochem

Biochem medpacks that heal a player and their companion no longer revive defeated companions.

All Energized, Exotech, and Rakata adrenals and stims now require 400 Biochem for use.

The Exotech Medpac is now named "Exotech Med Unit." Its overall healing has been reduced and is now in line with similar level medpacs, and it temporarily increases the maximum health of its targets. Use of this item now requires 400 Biochem.

The amount healed by Rakata Medpacs has been reduced. This item now additionally increases maximum health briefly. Use of this item now requires 400 Biochem.

and then:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.1.2/272012

Biochem

Energized and Exotech stims and adrenals no longer require Biochem to use.

Energized and Exotech stims and adrenals are no longer bound, allowing them to be traded or sold to other players.

Rakata reusable stims and adrenals have been reduced in power, providing buffs equal to Energized stims and adrenals. However, the tooltips for these items have not been updated and will still display old values.

The Exotech Med Unit schematic obtained from the Eternity Vault Operation now functions properly and can be learned.

Your not understanding.. go look at the rakata reuseable strength stim, compare it to the extech stim.. it is a marginal increase. The exotech stims cost 170k for a stack of 5 on my server. Ok now go look at the adrenal reuseable's compared to the ones you can buy on the market.. for 15 secs use it cost me 20k per adrenal. Now go look at the exotech medpacks on the market, just for one use it cost 30k. thats almost 200k credits per warzone.. that is not doable for me, that is UNFAIR. Maybe the are equal but its still not manageable, its way more fluid using the reusable, way way cheaper

Your not understanding.. go look at the rakata reuseable strength stim, compare it to the extech stim.. it is a marginal increase. The exotech stims cost 170k for a stack of 5 on my server. Ok now go look at the adrenal reuseable's compared to the ones you can buy on the market.. for 15 secs use it cost me 20k per adrenal. Now go look at the exotech medpacks on the market, just for one use it cost 30k. thats almost 200k credits per warzone.. that is not doable for me, that is UNFAIR.

No. YOU aren't understanding. stop looking at exotech reusables.

Hey.... Mr. Terrible.... Biochems' medpac's are boe along with their adrenals, and stims. If you can't afford to buy them one time, you don't deserve them. The stim is only 20 of the stat of your choicel less, the medpac heals for exactly the same as the rakkata, and the adrenal is just as good. What's wrong with you?

TOO EXPENSIVE.. unorganized. 200k credits per warzone to have the same advantage. Not FAIR

Buy them one time??? you cant use the reuseable's unless your a biochem.. seriously??? get your facts straight before you jump down someone's throat

TOO EXPENSIVE.. unorganized. 200k credits per warzone to have the same advantage. Not FAIR

Buy them one time??? you cant use the reuseable's unless your a biochem.. seriously??? get your facts straight before you jump down someone's throat

LOL First off, there are reusable ones, that ARE NOT the exotech. You don't know anything in the game and are just complaining for no reason.

http://www.torhead.com/schematic/d68nT6A/reusable-ultimate-medpac

http://www.torhead.com/schematic/7EeUYu0/reusable-hyper-battle-skill-stim

lol

LOL First off, there are reusable ones, that ARE NOT the exotech. You don't know anything in the game and are just complaining for no reason.

http://www.torhead.com/schematic/d68nT6A/reusable-ultimate-medpac

http://www.torhead.com/schematic/7EeUYu0/reusable-hyper-battle-skill-stim

lol

CAN YOU READ!! IT SAYS REQUIRES BIOCHEM 380.. PAY ATTENTION.. rofl