Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

NOW = 1.7 Million Active Subscribers | 3 Months from now = Guess What

JohnExponent

But this is not at all what is happening. Different players are demanding different things. Some players claim what will save the game is housing and the ability to customize their ships. Others demand rated war zones. Many say cross-server LFG will save the game. You demand sandbox. A while ago there was a thread where people where livid because they couldn't swim. Others threaten to quit because they can't change their legacy name.

Personally, I would rather see removing the ability of using colored fonts in the forum before territorial PVP.

tl;dr – What you want is not what everybody wants.

You know that poster probably quit and hasn't had any forum activity since 4/29 right?

Someone who claimed 3 million subs was just as wrong as someone who claimed 750,000 subs. Never mind those who said in January that the game would go f2p in three months.

Except that most of this thread was full of wildly high numbers and the 750,000 will be probably be what SWTOR ends up at some point this year if not less. Much less with the current state of the game's update.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Queue the music for when the game has 750,000 subs and this poster too looks like an idiot.

No more so than the people saying the game is dying and will be shut down in less than a year. Playing the numbers game is stupid. If you're having fun, that's all that matters. I personally don't believe that this game will fall below a profitable margin for EA/Bioware. Too many other games that started from a much worse place survive today. But other than that, I really don't care if the game has 250K subs or 25 Million.

No more so than the people saying the game is dying and will be shut down in less than a year. Playing the numbers game is stupid. If you're having fun, that's all that matters. I personally don't believe that this game will fall below a profitable margin for EA/Bioware. Too many other games that started from a much worse place survive today. But other than that, I really don't care if the game has 250K subs or 25 Million.

When your co-signer is EA, then playing the numbers game is what matters. Don't believe me though, sit back and watch what happens when SWTOR's numbers fall below what EA deems acceptable. Then you will get to see how they play with MMOs when they will slash this game down to a skeleton crew much like Warhammer and take even longer to release content thus adding to the future fallout.

I think it may gain some subs. with 1.3 as well as with 1.4 as long as they don't take to long comeing out. Also alot should come back when the put a expansion out but we shall see

I think my problem with this line of thinking is, they need to put out some pretty hefty content patches before announcing anything close to an expansion to try and win people back. We are 6 months into the life span and launch features are still being added and optimization is still being done.

This is fine and all, but they touted these huge content patches that many are waiting on. It's far to premature to announce an expansion because then it is clear that this year has been a paid beta test.

/shrug

/ 2 cents

yeah....you do not care. But I think BioWare cares, because without those subs money, very little new content will be released. Atleast content which has some real meat in it.

I think it may gain some subs. with 1.3 as well as with 1.4 as long as they don't take to long comeing out. Also alot should come back when the put a expansion out but we shall see

I donot think so. Sure some will return. But the great majority of those who have quit will not be back because of 1.3 or even 1.4. There are some major changes which need to happen to the game for that to happen and 1.3 is not going to cut it. Others will quit between now and the release of 1.4, because they will find out 1.3 was not a booster they were hoping for. So overall, the sub base will continue to decline. At the present direction/state the game is in now.

Someone who claimed 3 million subs was just as wrong as someone who claimed 750,000 subs. Never mind those who said in January that the game would go f2p in three months.

Its always who is closest without going over, cmon now.

When they will do some stuff for PVP , Ranked WZ, New WZ, Illum Fix, Open world pvp etc. then you will see the numbers rize again, untill that, nothing. 700.000 subbs and still bleeding. server merge/transfer, lfg tool will NOT fix the problems with this game. PVP is the issue here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.