NOW = 1.7 Million Active Subscribers | 3 Months from now = Guess What

JohnExponent

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Server caps have nothing to do with how many people are on Fleet or Ilum.

Server caps have everything todo with if they are light or standard, and to the fleet thing my fleet is only getting more and more people onto it. So what you see as people leaving could simply be people moving to a different realm where the friends are.

Activated accounts, I think you mean to say.

I don't personally count free-monthers as active subscribers, even if EA/BW does (and disclosed such in the same sentence they said 1.7M).

Anyway, just wait for the next conference call, when they don't even mention subscription numbers at all, or the following one, where they avoid mentioning the game at all.

Talk about rose-colored glasses.

Possibly. Here's the press release.

Just six weeks after launching one of the most anticipated videogames of all time, BioWare™, a Label of Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA), is continuing to set new standards in online games with Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Already the fastest growing subscription MMO ever, Star Wars: The Old Republic has sold over 2 million copies, with a thriving base of over 1.7 million active subscribers, as gamers around the world have immersed themselves in the story-driven, online Star Wars universe from BioWare and LucasArts. Helping drive The Old Republic’s early success has been the quality and reliability of the game’s service, with servers being available for more than 99.5% of the time outside of scheduled maintenance. BioWare has also delivered on the promise of continually adding new content by releasing Rise of the Rakghouls, which added new, higher level group content, less than 30 days after launch. The next game update, featuring even more content, new game systems and additional guild features, is scheduled to be released in Spring 2012.

http://www.swtor.com/news/press-release/20120201

Edited by Lazirus-

That can mean 1 of 2 things, everyone has left or bioware have increased the caps on the servers. Guess which one it is.

You keep believing it's because of the gigantic highly populated servers...The cutting edge technology 2012 grade servers that run illum 100 v 100 battles Blue Ray Quality:rolleyes::rolleyes:...The PvPers left because nothing to do no rated wgz and the PvEr's left because content is on farm.

You keep believing it's because of the gigantic highly populated servers...The cutting edge technology 2012 grade servers that run illum 100 v 100 battles Blue Ray Quality:rolleyes::rolleyes:...The PvPers left because nothing to do no rated wgz and the PvEr's left because content is on farm.

That makes no sense what so ever.

okay, okay... ~275,000

In 3 months time a lot of peoples faith will have faltered.

Also, the GW2 release will be around that time. And that's going to hurt, a lot.

GW2 won't hurt much at all. That is more like a single player game since it is pay once.

Also, the three months from the start of this thread would end May 2. Is GW2 going to be out by then?

Also, with the Oceanic launch in March I bet there are 275K subs just there come May.

Edited by Drewser

Complain all you want while your still playing the game. We aren't all WoW babies and those of us who have been around to see the mmo generation come know that this is possibly the greatest release of any mmo ever. So before you sit there and ponder where the numbers are going in a couple months, remember that this game is brand new and it is contrary to what most of the trolls here say GROWING rapidly. 3 motnhs from now with oceanic release GUESS what? It will be GROWING even faster. Like it or hate it, it is a massive success and it will not be going anywhere , especially not F2P LOl they haven't even released a free trial yet. Educate yourself or die crying with a box of empty kleenex.

okay, okay... ~275,000

In 3 months time a lot of peoples faith will have faltered.

Also, the GW2 release will be around that time. And that's going to hurt, a lot.

GW2, pfft. Cause you know how well MMORPG sequels do, lol.

And for the Record, this is not a sequel, it is a prequel, technically :D

This posts smacks of the cry-baby syndrome.

I bet when you disagree with someone in real life, you cover your ears, close your eyes tight, shake your head back and forth violently and scream "I DON'T HEAR YOU. I DON'T HEAR YOU. YOU DON'T EXIST. LALALALALA".

Jesus.

What? ~spray~ What? ~spray~ What? ~spray~

SWTOR will have around 650k subs in 6 months at best. That number also depends on them fixing all of the major bugs and adding enough content to keep some pvpers which is highly unrealistic. Now if they could do all of that in patch 1.2 maybe 850k but we all know that wont happen.