Class Story

AgrippAA

Hi Smugglers!

I'm going to be starting a republic alt at some point and im considering the options available. I was originally going to try a different gameplay mechanic on my alt (my main is an agent) but i did want to know if the Smuggler story is any good? How would people who have experienced other classes rate the class story by comparison?

For reference i enjoyed the agent story ALOT, a really clever multi-layered piece. My only gripe personally would be that some of the companions are a bit dull.

Edited by AgrippAA

the agent story seems to be the only class story line where there are actually some changes in the story according to your decisions (not that many but more than in any other class).

smuggler story is more straight forward like all the rest.

some things are quite familiar to agent (the feeling the whole galaxy is after your ***), though its all more on the lighter side (you have lots of opportunities with the ladies for example). and it feels more like your own story as noone is telling you where to go and what to do.

if you want to be the super hero that saves the galaxy, smuggler might not be the thing for you.

the companions are a nice bunch. i prefer risha anytime over kaliyo and if you want some funny moments gus is the way to go.

smuggler story is my favorite story so far. the writers did a great job making you learn to HATE your rivals. not to mention, the story is a lot more lighthearted and humorous than the other classes, what with all the flirting and one-liners everywhere. and as stated before, the smugglers do in fact get THE BEST dialogue in the game. it's made me laugh out loud quite a few times. if you want the best line delivery, go female smuggler. her voice is a lot more snarky than the male smuggler's.

I am really enjoying playing on my female smuggler so far. (: You get to call yourself Captain, you can have a wookie as a companion and be an awesome space-pirate. You do get the feeling that the entire galaxy is after you, you get a price on your head and have to dogde bounty hunter's blasters... xD The story is pretty straight forward though and your choices doesn't affect it greatly (although you shouldn't sweat about is, the writers did an exellent job on it).

The thing I love most is when my smuggler says the line:

"I can charm the horns of a krate dragon!"

True indeed!

I think that you definitely should try the smuggler class!

While I love my Smuggler I have to say that the story disappointed me at times. Basically, you are more a Republic Agent than a Smuggler. There are plenty of great moments and the companions are all very cool (except Corso!) but they missed out the Smuggling element a bit too much in my opinion. All the other classes have stories that make you feel like the class should feel, with the Smuggler you're just a privateer.