Why Play Empire? (Dark Side)

BlackUnitXX

Hi, I'm a newbie in SWtOR and I currently have a Lvl 22 Jedi Knight, and I must say it's very cool and nice to be the "good" guy, if you know what I mean :)

I was looking through different articles and I couldn't find the answer I want, here's my question

What makes you guys play the storyline for Sith, Imperial Agent or whatever?

Don't answer me like oh if you don't like to be a SW or the Dark Side, then don't play it

or anything irrelevant

I'm paying a sub for this game and I want some reasons why would people choose to play the Dark Side? I mean, pardon me if my belief is not matching with yours, doesn't everyone wants to be the good guy, save the universe, and peace comes all along?

I was going through some forums and I found that quite a bit of people really liked some Empire's Story lines! Personally, even during PvP, it does seem like the Empire's classes have all these stuns and cool stuff that I might consider to try out!

However, I personally find killing innocent people very cruel and I usually want like a "good" bad guy, if you guys get what I'm saying, like a crazy Light Sided Sith Warrior.

Any Comments will be greatly appreciated :)

Edited by BlackUnitXX

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, pardon me if my belief is not matching with yours, doesn't everyone wants to be the good guy, save the universe, and peace comes all along?

Did JK and JC now I am on my BH. All I have to say is. It flows better. You're not forced into feeling like saving once life is better then letting a weapon that could end the war survive.

You can play a light side Sith.

But many of the light side choices are still "dark side", because after all, you're still a Sith, not a Jedi.

They're not Dark.

Light side Sith choices are those that benefit the Empire, and are still considerate to the lives of people around you.

Whereas a Dark side Sith believes in survival of the fittest and no one else matters.

Edited by AkilZodiac

I have a 100% light side sith assassin. It's possible and I enjoyed the story all the more for the choices I made along the way. I'm thinking of rolling a dark side assassin just to get that side of the story too.

To me the intrigue was going against the "set principles" of the sith as a sith.

Edited by decuervo

Not everyone likes to be the good guy. Just saying. Many of us have been raised on enough stories where only 1 side is ever presented as triumphant, the "good" side. The world really doesn't work that way, so I think it's why some people like to make darker choices within the game, if for no other reason than to be different from how most stories in games go. Can also be seen as stepping outside of one's shoes and acting out things you'd probably never do. At least to me, that is what roleplaying games are all about. So yeah, i usually end up playing some evil figures, or shades of grey characters.

The way I see it mate.

Almost all of the video games I have played is such

You are the good guy sent to destroy evil, or stop bad things happening.

It feels good to be the bad guy doing bad things.

I mean in WoW you had Horde and Alliance, Horde were not an evil faction, just a different kind of good, with Sith, well, you can be as evil as you want to be, its fun not to always be the good guy

thanks for quick responses but no one answered my question just yet

reasons why should I play on the dark side? other than fun, what's so intriguing about it?

Stories are better written on the dark side, though I do admit that the smuggler comes close.

The gear looks better for the most part.

Most people go through real life being good. It is nice to play the other side. It is nice to escape from reality!

Hi, I'm a newbie in SWtOR and I currently have a Lvl 22 Jedi Knight, and I must say it's very cool and nice to be the "good" guy, if you know what I mean :)

I was looking through different articles and I couldn't find the answer I want, here's my question

Don't answer me like oh if you don't like to be a SW or the Dark Side, then don't play it

or anything irrelevant

I'm paying a sub for this game and I want some reasons why would people choose to play the Dark Side? I mean, pardon me if my belief is not matching with yours, doesn't everyone wants to be the good guy, save the universe, and peace comes all along?

I was going through some forums and I found that quite a bit of people really liked some Empire's Story lines! Personally, even during PvP, it does seem like the Empire's classes have all these stuns and cool stuff that I might consider to try out!

However, I personally find killing innocent people very cruel and I usually want like a "good" bad guy, if you guys get what I'm saying, like a crazy Light Sided Sith Warrior.

Any Comments will be greatly appreciated :)

This made me lol irl.

Being Empire doesn't specifically mean you're joining the Dark Side. The Empire is commonly represented as the root of all evil but that is not the case. In war, there are always going to be two or more perspectives over opposing factions.

If you chose to be evil, that is your own choice, not every Sith/Empire/Dark Jedi is necessarily evil. Everyone carves different paths and some may not agree with it.

For example, the Jedi Order believes in peace of mind when it comes to freedom within the force. The Sith believe in harnessing your emotions to unlock the chains that bind you.

It's all in a sense of perspective.

(If you want to be technical about it....the Republic pretty much becomes the Imperial Empire from the original trilogy thousands of years later.)

Edited by swordandstone

No not everyone wants to be a heroic douchebag. Sometimes you just want to kill people

As far as I'm concerned the Sith make more sense than the Jedi ever will. Sure they may be wild with emotion, and more likely to stab you int he back than help you....but at least they are 'free' in a sense, free to feel and act as they wish.

If a Sith falls in love, it won't bring him over to the Dark Side.

The Jedi always strike me as cold, unfeeling, and slightly creepy.

i think the storylines are cool and also not everyone you kill on empire side is well all that good ...

and well on my IA the (almost) inperial uniform I put together just looks cool :)

also one cannot have good without evil right?

:cool: CUZ THEY HAZ COOKIES! ;)

Seriously though the Evil have always been the cooler looking in anything. The Empire just looks so much cooler. The Fleet, the Gear, the Abilities. Would you rather shoot lightning from your hands or small pebbles instead. Be honest now. With that said my main is a JK and i love it, but Empire is definitively cool.

Also as others have said you don't need to be evil on the Empire side. Yes you can be a d*ck but you can also be good. So go ahead try it out and see how it goes.

Edited by dosadnik

Honestly i think it all comes down to this.

in RL being "good" is honestly the only choice you have so when someone plays a video game the "bad" guys always seem more appealing. Becuase in a game u can be an evil **** and there is no police to come lock u up. In easier terms its cause ppl play games to escape their everyday.

and also i have 3 50's 1 imp 2 reps and my fav story by far is the imperial agent but i always loved spy stuff :p

thanks for quick responses but no one answered my question just yet

reasons why should I play on the dark side? other than fun, what's so intriguing about it?

Other than fun? What else is there in a game? ;)

Or is "fun" just a little to generic. May the question be: What's fun about it?

I find it interesting to play someone that is basically nothing like me. Not just the little egoism everyone of us probably has - utterly self-centered. Only looking out for himself. Possibly taking pleasure in causing pain to others.

It allows exploring something you wouldn't want to be in real life.

In addition, there are 4 entirely different story arcs on the Empire side. They come with a different flair as well.

Also, you get to wear cool gear. :p

They're not Dark.

Light side Sith choices are those that benefit the Empire, and are still considerate to the lives of people around you.

Whereas a Dark side Sith believes in survival of the fittest and no one else matters.

Turning a group of force users to the dark side, instead of killing them, is dark side, I don't care what the 150 light side points say....

That quest made me hate Taris.