WTB Endgame?

TheDJ

So 2 months after the game drops, my guild has already cleared all the HMs and FPs, and PVP is really the only thing of interest anymore. Many in my guild have simply left due to the lack of engaging content. I understand that I can roll alts, and very much enjoy the story aspect of the game, but what I really desire is actual challenging endgame content.

For example, with just a few purples I can easily heal HM EV with ease. And after normal and HM, Nightmare mode is really just more damage without any additional mechanic changes. This isn't really a "rushing through content" issue, it's more that the content is so simple it can be cleared in a few short hours after very few learning attempts. Subsequent clearings become a joke as everything was learned and cleared the very first week.

Please, Bioware, make endgame content that is ENGAGING and CHALLENGING rather than something so simple it becomes yesterday's news the very week it's released.

help a 2 month old game doesn't have the same amount of content as other games that have been around forever

It's not the AMOUNT of content, it's the SIMPLICITY of the content. The amount would be fine if it weren't so incredibly easy. I honestly had harder group/class quests.

help a 2 month old game doesn't have the same amount of content as other games that have been around forever

200m dollar budget blown mostly on voice acting, thats how.

A 2 month old game that has less PvP content than Guild Wars 2, which is due out 3-6 months from now.

Pretty sad, to be honest.

Edited by TheLakers

So 2 months after the game drops, my guild has already cleared all the HMs and FPs, and PVP is really the only thing of interest anymore. Many in my guild have simply left due to the lack of engaging content. I understand that I can roll alts, and very much enjoy the story aspect of the game, but what I really desire is actual challenging endgame content.

For example, with just a few purples I can easily heal HM EV with ease. And after normal and HM, Nightmare mode is really just more damage without any additional mechanic changes. This isn't really a "rushing through content" issue, it's more that the content is so simple it can be cleared in a few short hours after very few learning attempts. Subsequent clearings become a joke as everything was learned and cleared the very first week.

Please, Bioware, make endgame content that is ENGAGING and CHALLENGING rather than something so simple it becomes yesterday's news the very week it's released.

I'm sorry, I believe you're looking at this out of context. Maybe your guildies and yourself should have played the story instead of grinding to 50 as soon as the game came out just so you could play your HM and NM operations.

I think when BW made this game they had in mind that most people would take 1-1 1/2 months to reach level 50. As such, they're probably planning to release more raids soon (next patch) so that those people who only play 'casually' can have more endgame.

The thing all 'hardcore' players fail to realize is, unlike WoW when you joined at the end of WotLK, a game newly launched won't have a ton of raids to run or a ton of things to do endgame. I suggest you either wait a few more weeks for the patch to drop and continue farming PvP gear, or go play some other game.

And as for your 'not challenging enough' statement, well of course it's not. MMOs now have, thanks to WoW, dumbed down the difficulty of pretty much everything since they realized that most of their revenue came from people who didn't have a lot of time to play but still wanted to clear content. The more casual players will take awhile to clear raids (like people who play 1-1 1/2 hours a day) than the people who are 'hardcore' and play more like 3-4 hours a day will grind through it like a knife through hot butter. Sorry.

Edited by jedistreen

I have tried several mmo's over the past 8 years, and endgame content is an common problem amongst most of them when they are new. I say give them some time and more endgame content will come.

What i am worried about though, is that it is quite common the endgame content dont come out fast enough and too many people stop playing the game, so they have to make huge cuts in the budget.

One example is warhammer online, when it first came out it was many servers and many of them were so full it took like 5-10 min to get in. About 1 year later it was reduced to 3 servers with medium population, 6 starting zones were reduced to 2 (1 for each faction) and the endgame had to be nerfed A LOT for people to even have a chance to kill last boss. Not the best comparison, i know, since this game is A LOT better than warhammer online, but it is the only thing i could think of atm :p

But compared to other mmo's i have played, swtor is without a doubt one of the best, and with enough time and work/development it migth be one of the greatest mmo's on the marked (so i REALLY hope it wont meet a similar fate as warhammer online or become free to play)

It's not the AMOUNT of content, it's the SIMPLICITY of the content. The amount would be fine if it weren't so incredibly easy. I honestly had harder group/class quests.

We knew it was going to be easy, they created the content to allow for mass participation by all subscribers. Problem is like blizz they thought by making it easy they could encourage non raiding players to raid.

Best method of development is to create difficult Operations for those players who enjoy raiding and alternative end game content for the same rewards for players who wont raid. That way they can focus on each group, raiders dont end up with easy content made for more casual minded players who wont raid anyway.

Edited by NoxiousAlby

I'm sorry, I believe you're looking at this out of context. Maybe your guildies and yourself should have played the story instead of grinding to 50 as soon as the game came out just so you could play your HM and NM operations.

I think when BW made this game they had in mind that most people would take 1-1 1/2 months to reach level 50. As such, they're probably planning to release more raids soon (next patch) so that those people who only play 'casually' can have more endgame.

The thing all 'hardcore' players fail to realize is, unlike WoW when you joined at the end of WotLK, a game newly launched won't have a ton of raids to run or a ton of things to do endgame. I suggest you either wait a few more weeks for the patch to drop and continue farming PvP gear, or go play some other game.

And as for your 'not challenging enough' statement, well of course it's not. MMOs now have, thanks to WoW, dumbed down the difficulty of pretty much everything since they realized that most of their revenue came from people who didn't have a lot of time to play but still wanted to clear content. The more casual players will take awhile to clear raids (like people who play 1-1 1/2 hours a day) than the people who are 'hardcore' and play more like 3-4 hours a day will grind through it like a knife through hot butter. Sorry.

I didn't grind or spacebar my way to 50. You're also missing the point. I agree there is plenty of leveling content. My issue is that the ENDGAME content is absurdly easy. Whether I hit 50 in one month or five, I'll still get bored of simple content very quickly. The level of simplicity of this rivals WoW's current LFR system, and that's on Hard Mode.

I'm not a hardcore player, but clearing a weekly raid in 2-3 hours the first week because of its simplicity just isn't fun or challenging. It's not that I'm playing more than others, it's that the game is too simple.

Gotta say, I am also disappointed. I remember back in the old MC days of WoW. Guilds would spend MONTHs getting the MC cleared after they started in on it. I don't miss 40 man raids, but maybe 10-12 would be a good balance.

My guild steps into EV clears in three attempts. I really don't have much interest in playing it through on HM or NMM because now the bosses...have more hp? Sweet! I can get armor that is functionally and visually(terrible BTW) the same as the armor I am already wearing...

So disappointing.

so korean raid guild downs HM Deathwing on Dec 20th after 4.3 was released on Nov29. Almost every hardcore and even lots of casual guilds down regular deathwing within first month of 4.3 which is equivelent to hm in star wars. and on LFR down deathwing on first day. Seems like star wars is on par with raid easiness. and we havent even got 10% nerfs yet.

I could give a link to some great endgame, but I'd just get flagged. So to answer the OP's question--yes you can buy some great, challenging endgame--just not in TOR.

so korean raid guild downs HM Deathwing on Dec 20th after 4.3 was released on Nov29. Almost every hardcore and even lots of casual guilds down regular deathwing within first month of 4.3 which is equivelent to hm in star wars. and on LFR down deathwing on first day. Seems like star wars is on par with raid easiness. and we havent even got 10% nerfs yet.

Your kidding right? Sure one group of 25--out of 10million players got world firsts. Check wowprogress.com to see the percentage of guilds that have cleared regular and hard mode. As for LFR, sure it is ridiculously easy--as it is designed to be. Anyone can jump in a queue and in less than 20 minutes they are raiding. I would actually say the TOR raids are much, much harder then WoWs. The majority of players in TOR will never clear the first Operation on easy mode for the simple reason they will never get into a raid group. i.e. it isn't the raiding that is hard in TOR--it is the grouping.

Edited by Zhit

We knew it was going to be easy, they created the content to allow for mass participation by all subscribers. Problem is like blizz they thought by making it easy they could encourage non raiding players to raid.

Best method of development is to create difficult Operations for those players who enjoy raiding and alternative end game content for the same rewards for players who wont raid. That way they can focus on each group, raiders dont end up with easy content made for more casual minded players who wont raid anyway.

FABULOUS idea. Surely this has been said before, but this really nicely sums up my view.

This isn't a "Hardcore vs Casual" thread. It's about an average intelligence person being able to one to three shot every boss on HM the first day. You can't expect that lack of complexity to satisfy players whatsoever.

Also, to reiterate: I didn't grind or speed to 50. I enjoyed a nice play-through and am starting on an alt. It just feels like leveling is the only thing to do now since endgame is easier than my class quests.

I have tried several mmo's over the past 8 years, and endgame content is an common problem amongst most of them when they are new. I say give them some time and more endgame content will come.

What i am worried about though, is that it is quite common the endgame content dont come out fast enough and too many people stop playing the game, so they have to make huge cuts in the budget.

One example is warhammer online, when it first came out it was many servers and many of them were so full it took like 5-10 min to get in. About 1 year later it was reduced to 3 servers with medium population, 6 starting zones were reduced to 2 (1 for each faction) and the endgame had to be nerfed A LOT for people to even have a chance to kill last boss. Not the best comparison, i know, since this game is A LOT better than warhammer online, but it is the only thing i could think of atm :p

But compared to other mmo's i have played, swtor is without a doubt one of the best, and with enough time and work/development it migth be one of the greatest mmo's on the marked (so i REALLY hope it wont meet a similar fate as warhammer online or become free to play)

The problem with Warhammer Online was that it was based around PvP which was utterly disbalanced in 1v1, 2v2 situations, and the constant nerfs/changes in play made people confused, bored, and... gone. This is not to say that a PvP MMO needs to base its gameplay balance on 1v1 situations, but rather that the game needs to create "mass" PvP situations often and the outcome of these needs to be easily traceable to the best player regardless of his class.

I´ve re-enterd the game several times, but always, once you´ve hit L20, the problems started to heap up and discourage you from playing. Supposedly epic PvP situations made you just wanna slit your wrists due to neverending stuns and knock downs. When PvP is the focus, you expect it to shine, not crawl through mud. *cough* fix ilum *cough*

Why am I even talking about PvP: with a working endgame PvP setup you´ve got something that the majority of endgame players do. Even if the map is always the same, the enemies are not, strategies change, and the community somehow creates its own content. The focus needs to be on how to allow it to want to do just that.

Regarding overall quality, notwithstanding content: the graphics of SWTOR are abominable. I still cannot fathom how they managed THIS in 2011. It´s expected to LAST, but by Gawd, I´m taken aback by how backward it is everytime I try to play a game on my iPod.

I could give a link to some great endgame, but I'd just get flagged. So to answer the OP's question--yes you can buy some great, challenging endgame--just not in TOR.

Your kidding right? Sure one group of 25--out of 10million players got world firsts. Check wowprogress.com to see the percentage of guilds that have cleared regular and hard mode. As for LFR, sure it is ridiculously easy--as it is designed to be. Anyone can jump in a queue and in less than 20 minutes they are raiding. I would actually say the TOR raids are much, much harder then WoWs. The majority of players in TOR will never clear the first Operation on easy mode for the simple reason they will never get into a raid group. i.e. it isn't the raiding that is hard in TOR--it is the grouping.

so were at around 600 guilds world wide are hm 8/8, how many are 10/10 nightmare in star wars.

Either way I wasn't bashing on star wars or Wow. Just letting the OP know the content in star wars is just as easy/comparable whatever you want to call it to the other mmo giant.

All the delays and how many years was this game in the making,and fanboys still think they're going to see new endgame content,lmao,Bio is spending more time on figuring out how to make it so folks cant see that the game is in the toilet,so you heard it here forst no transfers(cus that would allow people to see that all servers are dieing), no merge of servers for the same reason as no transfers, no offical Bio comment on sub numbers,for the same reason, the longer they can hide from the Facts the more cash the fanboys will push their way.

Guild Wars 2 won't be a WoW killer,

Guild Wars 2 will be a SWTOR killer.

I'm already done with SWTOR and the lack or content due to doing it in my sleep.

GW2 is planned in my future, TOR is not.

Buh bye.

Never can be more than one MMO...everything new always has to be the "killer". ooohh