Please give us addons!

Athelen

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I strongly suggest you re-read the bottom post of the 12th page. You clearly are the one starting about damage and the "absolute best rotation for maximum damage". Don't blame me for quoting and replying to it.

And yes, when it's not a DPS race DPS is just the least essential. It's funny how people think they're important when they do a lot of damage. Learn to love your healers and your tanks; without them you're nothing. I bet you can tell I don't play DPS classes much, because they're so expendable :D

Guess you don't know about enrage timers dps is essential

I am against third party add-ons and have no use for damage meters personally. I view the lack of them as a sellingpoint. If those features are keys to your enjoyment, you probably aren't the sort of player this game appears to be targeted at. Luckily you have other game options that embrace such features.

I am against third party add-ons and have no use for damage meters personally. I view the lack of them as a sellingpoint. If those features are keys to your enjoyment, you probably aren't the sort of player this game appears to be targeted at. Luckily you have other game options that embrace such features.

Actually BW already stated they are adding combat logs, in a week after that there is dmg meters.

Lets all just get along

I think we've established Macros and add-ons suck

Now back to Unicorns

Ever heard of an enrage timer? I'm guessing you've never raided before and you're just chiming in ignorant posts for the fun of it.

Hmmm, sort of true

Edited by vanisle

Theres no way in hell more people do not want addons than do. Look at any mmo that has addons and look at players vids on youtube i bet 90% of them have a totally custom ui with a recount in the corner look how much love like curse and wowinterface get. Even sites like worldoflogs tons and tons of people on that site logging there dps and hps.

Raiding i straight up boring without a recount after u clear the content on its toughfest mode. What else is there!? not haveing a recount even makes getting gear not as fun cause after u over gear all the content its kinda like whats the points?

Its the same thing as having a recount after each wz u wanna know how u did and how everyone else did then u wanna improve. try to beat your old score and the number one person. Adds alot more spice to raiding.

I joined a guild recently as a healer and all we do is nomral mode so far as i just started raiding but after the second week there i suggested trying the first boss of EV on hm. The enrage timer was going off at like 30% so we Started trying to stack and heal though the missisle barrage and i dps'd the whole time as heals and we still hit the enrage at like 5%. My point is it would really help to have a recount to tell who is not pulling weight on the dps so we could help the person with there rotaiton so we can progress further. I mean honeslty as more casual players start getting in hm's after gettin bored with the norms they are gona really want to know what is goin on with the dmg Plus really nobody wants to be the person on the bottem so it helps push the team to further study and theorycraft. All in all there is SOOO many more plus's to allowing these addons in the game as to not letting them in.

I know alot of casuals or people who do not take the time to theorycraft have been in pugs where a bunch of kids gave them a hard time or removed them cause there dps was low or something and it gave them a bad taste in there mouth about recount. But that is not recounts fault that is just pugs and how they go. Even without a recount in the game pugs will still find ways to point out people flaws and they will point it out as soon as the grp begins to wipe i guarantee that. but thats what ignore is for.

You do know that part of a tanks aggro comes from the damage they do to a target right? That damage is translated into dps, which though less than those speced/geard for dps, it is still dps and would eventually get a mob to 0 hp.

IF there is no enrage timer, yes it is possible they would eventually get to 0. But honestly think about what you're argueing for do you think people would play a game without dps and where fights take the extremely long amount of time that it would without dps...

Ever heard of an enrage timer? I'm guessing you've never raided before and you're just chiming in ignorant posts for the fun of it.

Or he has a wider knowledge of MMO's than you. You've played limited games where every raid is a DPS race and to be fair.. that does sound boring and stupid. Thankfully I have played MMO's where there were actually very fun fights that required tactics and DPS wasn't all that important.

In my opinion, the (over) use of an enrage mechanic is a lack of creativity, which is a pity.

IF there is no enrage timer, yes it is possible they would eventually get to 0. But honestly think about what you're argueing for do you think people would play a game without dps and where fights take the extremely long amount of time that it would without dps...

Yes I do think they would. Not everyone is of the "I gotta have it now" ideology.

Edited by Apocalypsezero

Yes I do think they would. Not everyone is of the "i gotta have it now" ideology.

Having a fight take 10 minutes as to 45 is a "i gotta have it now" ideaology. And if you truly think a game like that would survive you are truly a fool, there's a reason raids require more dps than heals/tanks. BECAUSE MAJORITY WANT TO PLAY DPS.

Or he has a wider knowledge of MMO's than you. You've played limited games where every raid is a DPS race and to be fair.. that does sound boring and stupid. Thankfully I have played MMO's where there were actually very fun fights that required tactics and DPS wasn't all that important.

In my opinion, the (over) use of an enrage mechanic is a lack of creativity, which is a pity.

Lol so what great mechanic can you suggest to test and push dps

To their limits

Enrage times serve as a test to dps and also

Act as a speed hump because if your dps hasn't got the gear to push the numbers

You not getting past that boss

Edited by denpic

Having a fight take 10 minutes as to 45 is a "i gotta have it now" ideaology. And if you truly think a game like that would survive you are truly a fool, there's a reason raids require more dps than heals/tanks. BECAUSE MAJORITY WANT TO PLAY DPS.

I'm pretty sure I have pointed out your need for IMO thrown into your statements once in awhile so you can remember nobody is taking you seriously anyways kiddo

Theres no way in hell more people do not want addons than do. Look at any mmo that has addons and look at players vids on youtube i bet 90% of them have a totally custom ui with a recount in the corner look how much love like curse and wowinterface get. Even sites like worldoflogs tons and tons of people on that site logging there dps and hps.

Raiding i straight up boring without a recount after u clear the content on its toughfest mode. What else is there!? not haveing a recount even makes getting gear not as fun cause after u over gear all the content its kinda like whats the points?

Its the same thing as having a recount after each wz u wanna know how u did and how everyone else did then u wanna improve. try to beat your old score and the number one person. Adds alot more spice to raiding.

I joined a guild recently as a healer and all we do is nomral mode so far as i just started raiding but after the second week there i suggested trying the first boss of EV on hm. The enrage timer was going off at like 30% so we Started trying to stack and heal though the missisle barrage and i dps'd the whole time as heals and we still hit the enrage at like 5%. My point is it would really help to have a recount to tell who is not pulling weight on the dps so we could help the person with there rotaiton so we can progress further. I mean honeslty as more casual players start getting in hm's after gettin bored with the norms they are gona really want to know what is goin on with the dmg Plus really nobody wants to be the person on the bottem so it helps push the team to further study and theorycraft. All in all there is SOOO many more plus's to allowing these addons in the game as to not letting them in.

I know alot of casuals or people who do not take the time to theorycraft have been in pugs where a bunch of kids gave them a hard time or removed them cause there dps was low or something and it gave them a bad taste in there mouth about recount. But that is not recounts fault that is just pugs and how they go. Even without a recount in the game pugs will still find ways to point out people flaws and they will point it out as soon as the grp begins to wipe i guarantee that. but thats what ignore is for.

OMG, like, a wall I can decorate. I love this! :p

Edited by terminova

Lol so what great mechanic can you suggest to test and push dps

To their limits

Have you ever done The Watcher in LOTRO? You could do it slow and steady, you could do it for an hour and not make any progress if you were clueless on the tactics... It was a fun and tactical fight where you wiped when you did it wrong, not when you did it slow.

There is a game that is over 20 years old. I remember being part of a fight that lasted a few months(sure it was off an on but always people taking on the mob), and that was years and years ago, so yes a game can survive if there is a long fight.

Edit: If curious what the name of the game is, it's Medievia

Edited by Apocalypsezero

Majority want to play DPS?

Where is this fact machine your hiding?

Have you ever done The Watcher in LOTRO? You could do it slow and steady, you could do it for an hour and not make any progress if you were clueless on the tactics... It was a fun and tactical fight where you wiped when you did it wrong, not when you did it slow.

Any boss fight will result In a wipe

If your group doesn't know the fight mechanics

As for enrage timers they have purpose

They are a gear check and a test for dps

Edited by denpic